NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Was offered this deal

Just not sure if I trust Rendon and his knee issues, gotta decline, right?

I get...Rendon and Julio Urius

i give....Devers and Kimbrel

12 team - 6x6 roto (ops and k/9)

deep 29 man roster league...4 OF - 2 UT - CI - MI......................1950 max innings pitched - redraft

c = Wilson contreras 

1b = freeman

2b = Brandon lowe

ss = swanson

3b = devers

ci = Jesus Aguilar 

mi =  moustakas 

of =  castellanos, pollock,  grichuk, adolis garcia

ut =  miguel rojas,  segura

bench =   robbie grossman,  Kyle Seager                       IL=    yelich,  Springer    

sp = beiber,  greinke,  wheeler,  musgrove,  montas,  manaea,  eovaldi,  Descalfani ,  shane mcclanahan

bullpen = iglesias,  kimbrel,  cesar Valdez,  Lou trivino, Kendall Graveman

I would have to pull the trigger on this one. A healthy Rendon > Devers, and Urias > Kimbrel already and I don't trust Kimbrel at all to maintain his numbers. I know there's the concern over the recent health issues for Rendon, but this most recent injury was fluky, hit a foul ball off his knee. It was just a bruised knee, MRI & x-rays negative. And prior to the groin injury, he really hasn't had a bad injury history. This trade is a big win for you.

I like this deal for you but can you do the deal without including Kimbrel? Play up concerns with Rendon’s health. But overall I like it. Urias is looking like a beast these days

Good luck! 

thoughts with this? 

27 minutes ago, thebear said:

I like this deal for you but can you do the deal without including Kimbrel? Play up concerns with Rendon’s health. But overall I like it. Urias is looking like a beast these days

Good luck! 

thoughts with this? 

The guy is looking for saves, so no

1 hour ago, SecondString38 said:

I would have to pull the trigger on this one. A healthy Rendon > Devers, and Urias > Kimbrel already and I don't trust Kimbrel at all to maintain his numbers. I know there's the concern over the recent health issues for Rendon, but this most recent injury was fluky, hit a foul ball off his knee. It was just a bruised knee, MRI & x-rays negative. And prior to the groin injury, he really hasn't had a bad injury history. This trade is a big win for you.

What is a healthy Rendon?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SecondString38 said:

And not sold on a “healthy” Rendon even being better than Devers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

And not sold on a “healthy” Rendon even being better than Devers

Fair enough. But the numbers speak for themselves, and based on that he definitely is better, whether you are sold or not. But we all can have our opinions, that's what makes it fun. 

45 minutes ago, SecondString38 said:

That's ridiculously unfair. Prior to the groin injury, Rendon has missed a grand total of 24 games in 8 years due to injury.

Sorry. Recency bias. 

1 hour ago, SecondString38 said:

Fair enough. But the numbers speak for themselves, and based on that he definitely is better, whether you are sold or not. But we all can have our opinions, that's what makes it fun. 

Hmm..since Devers 1st full season in 2019 his stats are better than Rendons..

5 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Hmm..since Devers 1st full season in 2019 his stats are better than Rendons..

Hmm...Rendon's career stats are better than Devers'.

Look, I'm not knocking Devers, in fact I'm a fan. I happen to believe that this is a great trade offer for the OP, and I would jump on it. You're welcome to your own opinion, that's what this forum is for....opinions.

1 minute ago, SecondString38 said:

Look, I'm not knocking Devers, in fact I'm a fan. I happen to believe that this is a great trade offer for the OP, and I would jump on it. You're welcome to your own opinion, that's what this forum is for....

3 minutes ago, SecondString38 said:

Look, I'm not knocking Devers, in fact I'm a fan. I happen to believe that this is a great trade offer for the OP, and I would jump on it. You're welcome to your own opinion, that's what this forum is for....opinions.

I do like them both as well, but I was comparing apples to apples since Devers first full season in 2019..and Devers stats are better since that point

10 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

I do like them both as well, but I was comparing apples to apples since Devers first full season in 2019..and Devers stats are better since that point

From 2019 - 2021

Batting Average - Devers - .294 / Rendon - .308

OPS - Devers - .885 / Rendon .971

OPS+ - Devers - 129 / Rendon - 153

fWAR - Devers - 7.7 / Rendon 9.7

Just now, SecondString38 said:

From 2019 - 2021

Batting Average - Devers - .294 / Rendon - .308

OPS - Devers - .885 / Rendon .971

OPS+ - Devers - 129 / Rendon - 153

fWAR - Devers - 7.7 / Rendon 9.7

Was personally looking at counting stats, 

runs, hr, rbis 

I prefer Devers myself at this stage in their careers. But if you're really looking for more SP then it's not a bad deal, assuming Rendon gets going and stays healthy he would net you back some decent numbers if he has a typical season. 

On 5/15/2021 at 11:47 AM, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Just not sure if I trust Rendon and his knee issues, gotta decline, right?

I get...Rendon and Julio Urius

i give....Devers and Kimbrel

12 team - 6x6 roto (ops and k/9)

deep 29 man roster league...4 OF - 2 UT - CI - MI......................1950 max innings pitched - redraft

c = Wilson contreras 

1b = freeman

2b = Brandon lowe

ss = swanson

3b = devers

ci = Jesus Aguilar 

mi =  moustakas 

of =  castellanos, pollock,  grichuk, adolis garcia

ut =  miguel rojas,  segura

bench =   robbie grossman,  Kyle Seager                       IL=    yelich,  Springer    

sp = beiber,  greinke,  wheeler,  musgrove,  montas,  manaea,  eovaldi,  Descalfani ,  shane mcclanahan

bullpen = iglesias,  kimbrel,  cesar Valdez,  Lou trivino, Kendall Graveman

No no no no - you don't do this deal... no no no :)  Very easy answer on that one!

I appreciate your help as well on mine!

On 5/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, SecondString38 said:

This.