NBC Sports EDGE Forums

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 7

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 7

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 7 of the 2021 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Posted (edited)

If still available: 

Bader - possible 20/20 (15/15 probably better expectation) and appears to have cut down K%

Bryan Reynolds - lowkey solid with 25 R and slashing 300/400

If dropped:

Schwarber - faces 6 RHP this week

Happ - as einstein said, he was heating up before going down and had a good game last night, so worth a flier

Deeper:

Beaty - more injuries in LAD; plays 7 games many against RHP (McKinstry is a decent stash too if you're lucky enough to spare room in DL)

Naylor - Getting regular AB playing both OF and 1B 

Clint Frazier - Hicks out for a long time and Giancarlo is again "DTD" for at least a week I bet.

Streamers:

Stripling also looks like a sneaky streamer. BOS wRC+ 99 wit 24% K last 2 weeks,

VV against Marlins could payout too.

Closers: ofc there's the renowned closer thread but just thought I should close ;) with a few names anyway:

Tyler Rogers

Daniel Hudson

Michael Fulmer

Edited by fingy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just made a post on the guy, not sure really what to make of him myself, but... Yonathan Daza, OF Rockies

Last 5 games:

12th: 3/4
13th: 3/4
14th: 3/4
15th: 2/5
16th: 2/5

2 SB, 4 R, 3 RBI

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I added Josh Fuentes. He's 1B/3B in ESPN leagues, and since May 12, he's got 6 runs, 2 HR, 13 RBI and a OPS of 1.431

Won't he lose PT when Cron comes back?  I mean he is eligible to come back today, but I haven't heard anything...

Just now, posty said:

Won't he lose PT when Cron comes back?  I mean he is eligible to come back today, but I haven't heard anything...

oh, wasn't sure - thanks for letting me know. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Anyone know if Nick Maton is going to get regular playing time this week?

I read late last week on CBS that he is settling into a bench roll, but to be honest, I'm not buying that.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, posty said:

He was starting at 3B when Cron was healthy, right? 

22 minutes ago, posty said:

Honestly I am not 100% sure...  You might be right...

Looked it up...29 games at 3B (27 starts) and 8 games at 1B (2 starts). 

• Like 1

Could be worth a flyer for those in deeper leagues.... Hitting .364/.423/.682 with two homers, a double, and a steal in six minor league games

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Does your league make use of a N/A spot or do you feel like stashing someone on the back-end of your bench?

Might have to act before it actually happens if he keeps putting numbers like this up. Speed is also kind of hard to come by this year (so it seems?...) and his power numbers' improvements seem legit. 19 minor league home runs over 1500AB going into this year, and he's already at 6 on the year in 56AB...

Thu, May 20

Rays INF/OF prospect Vidal Bruján homered and stole a base on Wednesday for Triple-A Durham.

Advice: Bruján already has homered six times in the 2021 season in just 14 games, and the steal gives him four. It's been an outstanding beginning to the Triple-A campaign for the 23-year-old, and a two-hit evening sees his slash improve to .339/.431/.679 in 56 at-bats. There's no guarantee as to when Bruján will get the call, but when he does, fantasy managers looking for help in the steals category will want to roster him. You might just get some help in the average and power categories, as well. 

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 1:49 PM, MonsterMan said:

On 5/20 Giants placed RHP Logan Webb on the 10-day injured list with a right shoulder strain.

LOGAN WEBB'S PHYSICAL THERAPIST 

• Haha 1

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic