NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 NBA Playoffs Thread

No real incentive to make this thread rn. They playoffs really start in the 2nd round.

But for whoever seem down about their fantasy season or whatever the case may be and just happen to still be here poking around, this is a little place you can point and laugh at the Lakers. 

NBA get the Lakers in the playoffs with the BS calls and Lebron flopping in the last 2 minutes of the game. I get it; the Lakers make money for the league and don’t want to risk them getting eliminated by the Grizzlies.

Hopefully, Phoenix in 6.  Lebron and AD are still hurt and not playing 100%.

On 5/19/2021 at 9:55 PM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

NBA get the Lakers in the playoffs with the BS calls and Lebron flopping in the last 2 minutes of the game. I get it; the Lakers make money for the league and don’t want to risk them getting eliminated by the Grizzlies.

Hopefully, Phoenix in 6.  Lebron and AD are still hurt and not playing 100%.

😂😂 Lakes were getting hacked like crazy the whole 1st half and still had BS calls against them in the 2nd half. Dray going straight up? Haha ok. Keep the hate down to a manageable level until we win the chip at least bro.

This is play-off thread - why everybody talks only about Lakers? I am not American, for me all teams look equal. Of course I have favorites and usually I don't like teams with superstars. I hope some other team wins in West , like Utah, Phoenix or Denver.

7 minutes ago, apatas said:

This is play-off thread - why everybody talks only about Lakers? I am not American, for me all teams look equal. Of course I have favorites and usually I don't like teams with superstars. I hope some other team wins in West , like Utah, Phoenix or Denver.

Because that’s all they care about. Lakers Lebron.

I did the NBA pick em challenge.

I have Suns beating Lakers in 6.

Nets and Bucks in the Eastern conference finals.

Clippers vs Suns in Western Conference Finals.

Wheoever gets to the finals with the Nets. Nets in 4.

Well so much for the Warriors. They can get healthy and come back with a hopefully healthy Klay Thompson. 

shoutout to Memphis. Ja Morant. I know he was hated in here fir fantasy purposes but he showed up tonight! 

On 5/21/2021 at 1:06 PM, apatas said:

You either hate them or you love them, no in between with the Lakers. They are one of the most popular sports franchises in the world. They have the league’s best player and one of the best athletes in the world in LeBron but also he is the most hated in the league and possibly around the world. They’ve dominated decade after decade and done it with some of the best players to ever play the game along the way.  It’s just natural for it to be about the Lakers. They generate a lot of buzz and revenue for the league. Sorry, I know small market teams are obviously important too, but it’s just the truth that some franchises will always headlines no matter what (Knicks are another example). 

Side note, just like last year, there’s a lot of Laker haters in this thread. You think they’d learn but they just never do. They always take the cheese. Betting against LeBron, especially this early, is never a good idea. 

Lakers are capable of clamping down anyone when they’re locked in and focused. Outside shooting will have to get better to win it all but their size is a huge problem for most other teams. Sunday will be a good game, I expect Phoenix to go all out and give it everything they got. They will come out focused and ready, it’s up to the Lakers to match that intensity.

• Like 1

And that's all she wrote. Woot woot. What a season. Getting swept by the cornball Bucks is the cherry on top.

3/4th's of this team is about to pack their bags. That and pursuing Kawhi. The glass is always half full.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 12:44 PM, taenggg said:

Jokic is an actual god, but we already knew that years ago

hes awful on def. nurk and powell lillard and others taking it right into joker with no threat of punishment from joker. its pretty sad

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

And that's all she wrote. Woot woot. What a season. Getting swept by the cornball Bucks is the cherry on top.

3/4th's of this team is about to pack their bags. That and pursuing Kawhi. The glass is always half full.

You think they have a legit chance to land Kawhi?

11 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

You think they have a legit chance to land Kawhi?

No chance. But a fan can dream.

But I think it's a good chance the Heat will land Lowry. Maybe Tim Hardaway Jr too. It's not a lot out there rn. 

4 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

But I think it's a good chance the Heat will land Lowry. Maybe Tim Hardaway Jr too. It's not a lot out there rn. 

What Heat needs is simple: your stars need to play like stars.  

Jimmy was outscored by Forbes. Bam looked like a deer in the headlights. 

Last season was a miracle run for Heat. Long years of rebuild and mediocrity are coming

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Why would Kawhi leave the Clippers? He left the Raptors to be close to home.

I don’t think he does, I was just wondering if he thought there was a chance he leaves. It would be really funny though if he did, Flippers would be screwed for years.

4 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

You never know. If the Flips end up losing this 1st round series or even lose next round I’d imagine they have to do something big. They tried blaming it on the coach last year and a couple select players. If it doesn’t work this year who takes the hit? George Paul? I guess they could try to move him. Definitely leaves the door open for Kawhi to bounce if he is serious about winning. Again, I don’t think it happens either but what a storyline that would be if he did leave.