NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean Giannis technically has GOAT potential. His resume at his age is pretty much unmatched and he got his first ring earlier than Lebron and Jordan. He just won't reach it without improving FT

Posted Images

6 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

You never know. If the Flips end up losing this 1st round series or even lose next round I’d imagine they have to do something big. They tried blaming it on the coach last year and a couple select players. If it doesn’t work this year who takes the hit? George Paul? I guess they could try to move him. Definitely leaves the door open for Kawhi to bounce if he is serious about winning. Again, I don’t think it happens either but what a storyline that would be if he did leave.

https://nationalcowboymuseum.org/rodeo-hall-of-fame/5327/

• Like 2
1 hour ago, legoDude said:

Suns are legit title contender.   It looks like Paul is healthy and their defense is awesome.

They held Lakers to 15 pts in the third quarter.  In LA

With no AD. I’m not taking away what the Suns did, they played a great game and I had a feeling it would be close, but they held the Lakers to 15 in the 3rd with no AD. It was a 1 point game when he got hurt. If he doesn’t get hurt who knows what happens. Regardless, great win for the Suns. Sets up a big game 5.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, legoDude said:

What Heat needs is simple: your stars need to play like stars.  

Jimmy was outscored by Forbes. Bam looked like a deer in the headlights. 

Last season was a miracle run for Heat. Long years of rebuild and mediocrity are coming

I think Jae and Tyler (who underperformed) were crucial pieces during the bubble last year that they missed this playoffs. Kelly was really doing well as a compliment to Bam before the VO trade. Hope the VO trade will return some dividends next season. 

Suns just held Lakers to 10 (ten) points in 2nd quarter in playoff game 5 with series tied 2-2.    With or without AD, that is impressive.  Even Pistons or Magic could score that much.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:30 PM, legoDude said:

Suns are legit title contender.   It looks like Paul is healthy and their defense is awesome.

They held Lakers to 15 pts in the third quarter.  In LA

How about 10 points 2nd quarter. 

Steph, Dame, Harden probably score 10 points in 2 minutes multiple times in their career. No professional league team should be scoring 10 points in a quarter. None. 

16 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Steph, Dame, Harden probably score 10 points in 2 minutes multiple times in their career. No professional league team should be scoring 10 points in a quarter. None. 

totally agree. In my eyes LBJ looked very old (injury or not) and distant   (leaving to locker room 5 min before the end of the game). To me this looked very strange.

3 hours ago, ginocan said:

Let's add 14 points first quarter in elimination game, Lakers down 22 after first.   Are Lakers that bad or are the Suns that good?

On 5/24/2021 at 6:00 PM, legoDude said:

Last prediction for the playoffs:

Both finalists from last year (Heat, Lakers) will be eliminated in the first round

I'll let  myself out

Posted (edited)

Jokic - basketball perfection, best offensive player in the world - 50/40/90 splits, scores from everywhere, amazing court vision

he could play with Gleaguers and still win games

Edited by Pumbaa
  • Like 1

Tough way for the Lakers to go out but at least they showed some heart and tried to make something out of it in the 2nd half. A full offseason of rest will be good for them. Bron wasn’t himself, AD was out, just couldn’t get past the injuries. Hope they run it back next year with a few new guys.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Tough way for the Lakers to go out but at least they showed some heart and tried to make something out of it in the 2nd half. A full offseason of rest will be good for them. Bron wasn’t himself, AD was out, just couldn’t get past the injuries. Hope they run it back next year with a few new guys.

Proper Disaster. They get Harrell, they get shroeder aaand they get drummond for nothing. They get basically zero playoff experience suns n got smashed. Agree they showed some heart but not much. Game 5 where Lebron took zero midrange and zero free throws was very telling imo. 

Edited by Pirate
On 5/30/2021 at 9:19 AM, legoDude said:

What Heat needs is simple: your stars need to play like stars.  

Jimmy was outscored by Forbes. Bam looked like a deer in the headlights. 

Last season was a miracle run for Heat. Long years of rebuild and mediocrity are coming

What Heat Lakers needs is simple: your stars need to play like stars.  

Jimmy LBJ was outscored by Forbes Booker. Bam AD looked like a deer in the headlights.   he was (or is) made of glass

Last season was a miracle run for Heat Lakers.  Long years of rebuild and mediocrity are coming

Lakers were down 22 after first quarter in elimination game at home and they had no fight in them until the third. That speaks volumes

• Like 1
10 hours ago, legoDude said:

Jimmy LBJ was outscored by Forbes Booker. Bam AD looked like a deer in the headlights.   he was (or is) made of glass

Last season was a miracle run for Heat Lakers.  Long years of rebuild and mediocrity are coming

Lakers were down 22 after first quarter in elimination game at home and they had no fight in them until the third. That speaks volumes

Yes, thank you! Please keep feeding the beast all summer long! 

On 6/4/2021 at 11:34 AM, legoDude said:

Heat and Lakers will be back next season. You forgot to mention both teams ended last Finals on Oct. 11th. They had less than 2 months before this season started (1st preseason game was on Dec. 11th). Players/Teams are usually given about 3-5 months depending on playoff contention and how far the team gets in the playoffs. Professional athletes rely heavily on habits/routines, which is why I wasn't really surprised with the number of injuries teams faced this season as well. 

• Like 1