NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 NBA Playoffs Thread

i_b9_35_50_russell-westbrook.png?w=190

yooooo buddy must be mad af rn, he was this close to moving to LA…no way kings accept schroder in a sign n trade for buddy, dude is asking way too much

17 hours ago, L3onD said:

i_b9_35_50_russell-westbrook.png?w=190

yooooo buddy must be mad af rn, he was this close to moving to LA…no way kings accept schroder in a sign n trade for buddy, dude is asking way too much

Lakers could add the 2 second rounders they got from the Wizards to a Schroeder sign and trade, but I don't know if the Kings would be fine with paying big money for someone who'll just ride their bench behind Fox and Haliburton.

Buddy would be an excellent fit with this current Lakers squad though - guy's a gunner and they need that bad.

29 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Lakers could add the 2 second rounders they got from the Wizards to a Schroeder sign and trade, but I don't know if the Kings would be fine with paying big money for someone who'll just ride their bench behind Fox and Haliburton.

Buddy would be an excellent fit with this current Lakers squad though - guy's a gunner and they need that bad.

Rumor is that isn’t not out of question yet. Schröder has a good chance of being froze out of this market and the bottom line is that he wants to get paid, I don’t think he cares where he plays as long as he gets the bag. Schröder + the two picks for a disgruntled Hield that they need to move, maybe it works out. Kings just drafted Mitchell last night too though.

Delon & Tristan in Atlanta…lowkey Delon a great pickup for the bench

Tristan on the other hand, a great pickup for Follies, Magic City and KOD

Assuming health, I got Nuggets and GSW in the West and Bucks and Nets in the East as  two best teams in each  conference

I don't see how Lakers, Clippers, Sixers or Suns as top level contenders

9 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Assuming health, I got Nuggets and GSW in the West and Bucks and Nets in the East as  two best teams in each  conference

You got GSW in there but there’s a legitimate chance Klay will never be the same guy we all know and love, they have depth issues, and they are an older team with injury issues. GSW, to me at least, has a lot to prove before I put them up there. On the contrary, the Clippers and Suns showed just how good they both are and at least the Suns will be back. Clippers had no Kawhi and Ibaka and still made a lot of noise. If Kawhi wasn’t hurt they’d be in the mix for sure. If the Suns keep CP3 they’ll be back. Remember, this is a very young squad and most of these guys had never been to the playoffs before. To make it all the way to the Finals, and be up 2-0, is pretty damn good. I hate the narrative BS everyone throws out there, it’s not their fault people got hurt. It happens every year. They played who was in front of them and got the job done until they ran into Giannis. Lakers abs Sixers we’ll have to see about. If the Lakers get shooters they’ll be right in the mix again. Sixers are a total wildcard at this point with the Ben Simmons rumors. Who knows what they could look like next season. Regardless, it’s way too early to be picking conference finals favorites, free agency hasn’t even started.

10 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Too early to call. Half of these teams don’t even have a full roster and lots of players can still be traded that change the landscape:

Porzingis/Simmons/Wiseman/Wiggins

Clippers don’t even know if Kawhi is coming back in FA better yet he is likely missing the whole season. Sixers might lose Danny Green and Howard to FA and could possibly trade Simmons. Bucks can repeat, but that will be a tough task in a healthy East. Lakers only have 5 players signed and can pretty much load up. Nuggets is a tough one. Question how you have Nuggets up there but not the Jazz?? 

38 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

You got GSW in there but there’s a legitimate chance Klay will never be the same guy we all know and love, they have depth issues, and they are an older team with injury issues.

I said assuming health for everyone.  At their current age, I  think healthy Curry, Klay, Green  had better chance to win it all than  LBJ, AD, Westbrook  or CP3, Booker, Ayton.  It is really close between GSW or Clippers, but until Clippers make it to the finals it's GSW

19 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Question how you have Nuggets up there but not the Jazz?? 

when you loose to Clippers without Kawhi you are not top contender in my book

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

I said assuming health for everyone.  At their current age, I  think healthy Curry, Klay, Green  had better chance to win it all than  LBJ, AD, Westbrook  or CP3, Booker, Ayton.  It is really close between GSW or Clippers, but until Clippers make it to the finals it's GSW

when you loose to Clippers without Kawhi you are not top contender in my book

It’s way too early to have discussions about this IMO, we gotta wait until after FA. I personally am not that high on the Warriors. I’m really hoping Klay comes back to what he was but coming off back to back ACL and Achilles injuries, it’s gonna be tough, especially defensively. I have no doubt he’ll still be a great shooter but I don’t know if he’ll be a great defender anymore, and people forget how big he was on that side of the ball for the Warriors. He picked up the opposing teams best guard and allowed them to hide Steph and let him save his energy for offense. If Klay can’t do that anymore, that definitely hurts GS. Klay is the big question mark to me on that team. If he comes back and is Klay again, they’ll be in it. But he’s not coming back until at least Christmas people are reporting and he’ll be on a heavy minutes restriction. Can he get back into form by the time the playoffs roll around? Who knows. Another thing, up until KD this past season, Achilles tears have pretty much been a death sentence for pro athletes. KD was really the first one in basketball I remember that came back to his prior form. He’s an outlier.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:19 PM, Gile Pile said:

Assuming health it doesn't matter because the Nets are running through the playoffs losing 4 games total as the max.

Assuming reality i tend to agree. Kyrie is healthy once every 5 years, Harden finally broke down last year, and KD is still coming off a brutal injury. All 3 also have high usage because the team lacks depth.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:11 AM, Gile Pile said:

when you loose lose to Clippers without Kawhi you are not top contender in my book