NBC Sports Edge Forums

10 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Heat and Lakers will be back next season. You forgot to mention both teams ended last Finals on Oct. 11th. They had less than 2 months before this season started (1st preseason game was on Dec. 11th). Players/Teams are usually given about 3-5 months depending on playoff contention and how far the team gets in the playoffs. Professional athletes rely heavily on habits/routines, which is why I wasn't really surprised with the number of injuries teams faced this season as well. 

They don’t want to acknowledge that. Most of the posters around here heavily dislike the Lakers so they will jump on any opportunity they have to clown them. While the season ended in disappointment and overall was a failure, the odds were stacked against them heavily and no one wants to admit that. I’m just hoping everyone keeps clowning Bron and AD, giving them a full offseason to rest and a summer full of stupid hot takes will do wonders for them. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mickey Mouse ring last year = Injuries Ring this year for whoever wins? I feel like those discrediting the Lakers win last year must also discredit this years champion, Injuries Galore.  

Posted Images

Long offseason will help aging LBJ for sure, but it will not change the fact that he is  36 year old with lots of mileage.

He is 6th in minutes played in regular season (50,055) and first in playoffs minutes  (11,035).   He takes good care of his body but that is lots of wear and tear.

We will see how LBJ looks next season but I am not too optimistic.

On the side note, Clippers came back for 0-2 and won two elimination games.  They are looking really, really good.

Jazz - Clippers will be an awesome series

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

They don’t want to acknowledge that. Most of the posters around here heavily dislike the Lakers so they will jump on any opportunity they have to clown them. While the season ended in disappointment and overall was a failure, the odds were stacked against them heavily and no one wants to admit that. I’m just hoping everyone keeps clowning Bron and AD, giving them a full offseason to rest and a summer full of stupid hot takes will do wonders for them. 

Either was last season doesn’t just go away as the 2011 finals doesn’t.
Lebron shoulda gone down fighting. Didn’t attempt enough shots with Davis out. Game 6 finals with Pippin maimed by the back Jordan had to completely take over. Even if he lost at least he woulda gone down swingin. 
I def got Kobe over Lebron after that loss to the Suns.

Edited by Pirate
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pirate said:

Either was last season doesn’t just go away as the 2011 finals doesn’t.
Lebron shoulda gone down fighting. Didn’t attempt enough shots with Davis out. Game 6 finals with Pippin maimed by the back Jordan had to completely take over. Even if he lost at least he woulda gone down swingin. 
I def got Kobe over Lebron after that loss to the Suns.

I don’t disagree with you, LeBron had bad body language, played little defense, and didn’t take over like we thought he would. But 1. He was injured and clearly wasn’t himself, even when he came back before the playoffs and 2. Once AD went out the whole teams’ mentality changed to “there’s no way we can win without him” and they all pretty much gave up. Yeah Bron could’ve went God Mode and done something crazy but the guys around him would’ve had to play at least a little defense or hit at least a few shots. No one hit 3s and no one played defense after AD went down. They didn’t try hard until they were down 30 in the 2nd half of game 6. So from the 2nd half of game 4 to the 2nd half of game 6 they all quit and that’s why they’re all on the couch now. Does LeBron deserve blame for that? Absolutely. No doubt. But the team around him does as well. Bron wasn’t healthy and he couldn’t do it all by himself at this age anyways. 

Edited by RedRaider27

Some interesting posts in the thread above. Consensus from Lakers fans seems to be that the team is stacked with talent and experience. 

Cudos to RedRaider, it  was right to notice  that Lakers need a defensive big.

47 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Lakers are out. Stop talking about them. 

This Bucks vs Nets series looks like it will be a dud!

Yes sir! It will not happen again!

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 5:47 AM, MANGKANOR said:

I do not know why but i do like the Hawks chances of making the ECF.

I'm not knocking it. That's a lot of firepower. Just wait until or if Reddish is healthy enough. Lots of position versitility on this roster.

Edited by Trench Mob
Posted (edited)

Rooting so hard for the Suns. Cool fanbase. Even cooler roster. CP3 the real MVP. And I don't even like CP3.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 2

Bucks............lol lookin good Giannis smh what an embarrassment

Suns - Hawks Finals (probably Suns - Nets tho I hope not) is what I'm feelin if CP3 stays healthy, that dude deserves a dang ring 

GianAss 

You ain't winning chips if your best player can't shoot. Simply get exposed in the playoffs 

Facts

• Like 1
12 hours ago, RunCMC said:

GianAss 

You ain't winning chips if your best player can't shoot. Simply get exposed in the playoffs 

Facts

Great regular season player, but the game changes in the postseason and he makes nowhere near the same impact as he does in the regular season. Their head coach being idiotic doesn’t help them either. They might as well fire the dude now. Long term though, it doesn’t really matter who’s the coach. Giannis HAS to change his game if he wants to make a real postseason run. There’s no way around it. You have to be able to shoot in today’s game.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, RedRaider27 said:

Great regular season player, but the game changes in the postseason and he makes nowhere near the same impact as he does in the regular season. Their head coach being idiotic doesn’t help them either. They might as well fire the dude now. Long term though, it doesn’t really matter who’s the coach. Giannis HAS to change his game if he wants to make a real postseason run. There’s no way around it. You have to be able to shoot in today’s game.

What about Ben Simmons?

I think it’s Joel Embiid’s team.

Simmons is obviously a huge part, on top being the point guard.

But as a non shooting threat going to be hard to win it all. imo 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

What about Ben Simmons?

Same thing as Giannis. He needs to develop an outside shot. At least Giannis is willing to take them, he just bricks them most of the time. If Ben had an outside shot he’d basically be Giannis. He can get to the rim at ease, he’s a great passer and creates plays for his teammates, he can defend 1-4 with ease and even 5s if they play small. The guy is ultra talented but isn’t willing to put in the work with his shot. A shot can be developed. We’ve seen this so many times. Lots of guys come into the league and they can’t shoot, some develop a shot, some don’t. I think it comes down to how much work you put in. Ben isn’t in the gym working on his shot. He’s spending his summers dating famous women, driving exotic cars and spending his money on vacations. Not that I can blame him too much, he’s a young multi-millionaire who’s enjoying his life. What it comes down to with Ben is, does he love the game or does he love what the game brings to him? Is he just playing for a check to support his lifestyle or is he playing because he loves the sport. I believe he’s playing just to get his checks, like a lot of other players. But if he truly wants to be remembered as a great player, and he’s talented enough to be, he’ll have to put in the work, real work not the fake stuff you see on IG he posts. 

• Like 2
On 6/7/2021 at 10:24 AM, RedRaider27 said:

They will be back and with a chip on their shoulder. I do believe they need a solid PG and a healthy center.  Just imagine if TJ McConnell was on the Lakers.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

They will be back and with a chip on their shoulder. I do believe they need a solid PG and a healthy center.  Just imagine if TJ McConnell was on the Lakers.

Agreed. They need shooting as well. Shooting, shooting, shooting!!! Gotta surround Bron with true 3 and D players. Bron is at his best playing on ball but it’s in everyone’s best interest to keep him off ball some as well and they do need that traditional PG who can run an offense and create for others to take some of the load off Bron. Getting a true 5 would be great too. Not really for offensive purposes except to catch an occasional lob or two, but really just for defense. They are still some old school 5s out there and you have to be able to guard them. Ayton just taught them that and showed how valuable Dwight was for them last year. They were hoping Drummond could be that guy but yeah, no thanks. Gasol doesn’t bang anymore, Trezz is too small, we didn’t have any traditional 5s to protect the paint and guard other true centers. Team needs work but I actually don’t think it’s really THAT bad. If AD and Bron were healthy I still think this squad gets to the WCF at least. Replace a couple bad parts that didn’t fit (Schröder, Trezz, Drummond), replace them with a couple different pieces and suddenly, you have a championship caliber roster. I’ve seen so many articles the last few days saying it’s gonna be so hard for Bron to get another ring with this team. How the Lakers messed up trading all their young guys for AD. It’s crazy to me. They hung their 17th banner and have a franchise cornerstone locked up for years to come. And with a few tweaks, this is one again a championship roster and quite possibly the favorite to come out of the West. It really blows my mind how quick people are to forget. Seriously. You think they would learn.

• Like 3

" If AD and Bron were healthy..."   This is a very big IF  considering LBJ age and AD injury history.

Lakers won the title in the bubble with  a very long time off before the bubble. In the normal season  there isn't long break between regular season and  playoffs.

Green was 3 and D player under contract that was traded for Schroder  and 2020 first round pick.  Dwight wanted to come back.   Lakers don't have many options to improve,    best case scenario is to run it back next year

The Lakers will go into the 2021-22 season with just six players on guaranteed contracts: LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Marc Gasol and Luol Deng, whose contract was waived and stretched in 2018. Combined, they’ll make $110.2 million next season, which is just $1.8 million less than projected salary cap for the 2021-22 season.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/6/9/22525138/los-angeles-lakers-free-nba-agency-preview-analysis

7 hours ago, legoDude said:

" If AD and Bron were healthy..."   This is a very big IF  considering LBJ age and AD injury history.

Lakers won the title in the bubble with  a very long time off before the bubble. In the normal season  there isn't long break between regular season and  playoffs.

Green was 3 and D player under contract that was traded for Schroder  and 2020 first round pick.  Dwight wanted to come back.   Lakers don't have many options to improve,    best case scenario is to run it back next year

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/6/9/22525138/los-angeles-lakers-free-nba-agency-preview-analysis

LeBron has historically been as durable as they come. Are we really going to hold a player diving at his legs and causing a high ankle sprain against him? With AD I can understand the questions surrounding him, that’s legit. But Bron’s injury had nothing to do with him. A guy dove at his legs and caused his injury. Up until that injury he looked great and was playing great, he was right in the middle of the MVP consideration. Might have even won it considering this year’s candidates were a little weak IMO.

You mentioned their long break until the bubble started up. Two things I say to that: 1. Everyone had the same amount of time to get healthy. 2. The Lakers were peaking and playing their best ball of the season when the season was suspended. They had just beat the Bucks and Flippers in the same weekend (two top title contenders at the time) and had done so convincingly. Whether the season stopped or not they were primed to make a deep postseason run. 

If you watched Laker games last year, you’d know Green was overall not very good. He had a few very good games where he couldn’t miss and overall provided good defense throughout the year, but his shot was so inconsistent and was mostly off. It was so frustrating to watch him brick so many corner 3s last year. He’s been good for the 6ers this year and you could say the Lakers should’ve kept him, but hindsight is 20/20. He wasn’t very good for the Lakers. As I’ve said since last offseason, bringing Dwight back would’ve been huge and the Lakers offered him but he jumped the gun and signed with Philly. Rondo we couldn’t afford as he took bigger money with ATL. The Lakers did the best they could to replace the role players that left but the pieces just didn’t work out. It happens. I have faith in Pelinka and the whole front office knows that their time is ticking with Bron. The window is closing and they have to do whatever possible to retool the roster to make it championship caliber worthy. Again, I don’t really think it’s that bad. Replace a couple pieces that didn’t fit and they’re fine. Any team with two top players automatically is going to be in the hunt. 

29 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Will Mike Malone lose his job?

No Jamal Murray. He has his built-in excuse. He should've been gone awhile ago tbh. Hopefully this is the time.

• Like 2