NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 NBA Playoffs Thread

15 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

another year we will have to wait for the 2 best basketball players of our generation to play each other. kd vs kawhi.

kd inj on gsw vs tor kawhi nba finals

kawhi inj sas vs gs kd wcf.

Two best players of this generation are Kawhi and KD? KD sure, Kawhi, nah

16 hours ago, Stefan said:

Kawhi out indefinitely man 

Sprained ACL

Good call, didn’t realize he was pretty much done. I thought it was more minor at first. Credit to the Flippers for the win last night though, that was big time on the road.

16 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

another year we will have to wait for the 2 best basketball players of our generation to play each other. kd vs kawhi.

kd inj on gsw vs tor kawhi nba finals

kawhi inj sas vs gs kd wcf.

Hahaha. Steph Curry > Kawhi.

Mickey Mouse ring last year = Injuries Ring this year for whoever wins?

I feel like those discrediting the Lakers win last year must also discredit this years champion, Injuries Galore.

Or ya know, be normal and accept that a ring is a ring lol should be interesting 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Hahaha. Steph Curry > Kawhi.

a healthy kawhi is better than curry for what he can do on def and the fact hes unguardable (like kd) they can get a quality shot at any time no matter the situation or whos guarding either. and kawhi passing ability is very underrated. love curry but for winning basketball in the nba give me a healthy kawhi 10/10 over curry

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

a healthy kawhi is better than curry for what he can do on def and the fact hes unguardable (like kd) they can get a quality shot at any time no matter the situation or whos guarding either. and kawhi passing ability is very underrated. love curry but for winning basketball in the nba give me a healthy kawhi 10/10 over curry

People really still be hyping Kawhi up like he Jordan 2.0 because he won a ring against the most injured team we've seen with a team that won 60 games without him. I'm not putting an asterisk next to that ring don't get me wrong but when talking about Kawhi people really act like he carried a bunch of dudes against the lofty Warriors.

Because it's not like Curry is unguardable and can't get any shot he wants. Kawhi passing maybe is underrated but he still isn't a very good distributor. The impact Curry has on his teammates compared to Kawhi isn't even close. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

People really still be hyping Kawhi up like he Jordan 2.0 because he won a ring against the most injured team we've seen with a team that won 60 games without him. I'm not putting an asterisk next to that ring don't get me wrong but when talking about Kawhi people really act like he carried a bunch of dudes against the lofty Warriors.

Because it's not like Curry is unguardable and can't get any shot he wants. Kawhi passing maybe is underrated but he still isn't a very good distributor. The impact Curry has on his teammates compared to Kawhi isn't even close. 

laugh all you want numbers agree

curry playoff avgs well below his regular season avgs (atleast efficiency) . kawhi #'s much better and more efficient and like i said way more valuable on def.

can curry just rise up over a defender or bully his way into the the rim for a bucket? 

sure he can launch from the logo but is that what you want when ur team needs a bucket or quality look?

not taking away from what curry has done but if we were to draft tomorrow for an nba series and both curry and kawhi are healthy i want kawhi and its not really that close. unless def doesnt matter for you? or efficiency?

edit- kawhi 30 pts ppg in po on well over 50% last 4 p.o

Edited by colepenhagen

56 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Kawhi also won against prime LBJ, just saying

In the postesason,  Kawhi  is much better than Curry. Numbers and eye test confirm that.

If you remember dirty play from  Zaza you should also remember that Kawhi and Spurs were up by 20 against Curry

33 minutes ago, legoDude said:

In the postesason,  Kawhi  is much better than Curry. Numbers and eye test confirm that.

If you remember dirty play from  Zaza you should also remember that Kawhi and Spurs were up by 20 against Curry

The only thing he led the team in is blocks during that series. He didn’t lead in points, assists, rebounds, or even steals. Held Lebron to 28 ppg on 57%.

Not saying he didn’t deserve FMVP but don’t act like he carried them to that finals. He was just another piece of a well oiled machine. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

C'mon, the best two players of this generation are LeBron and KD.  Curry, Kahwi, AD, and Harden are all great players but they are not quite on the same level as LeBron and KD.

17 hours ago, legoDude said:

Say what you want but Curry has as big an impact as any of them since he's routinely double teamed in the playoffs as soon as he crosses half court. No stat will have that show up. Lebron only gets doubled near the paint. As great as KD is he hardly ever sees double teams in the playoffs. In the finals teams would rather double and trap Curry, not KD. KD was free to go 1 on 1 almost all the time because of Curry. Heck this whole current series against the Bucks KD has practically not faced any double teams. You tell me, do you expect Curry's stats to look the same with constant double teams against playoff teams? Curry's impact frees everyone on his team up for better looks.

This seems pretty easy to me. Bron and KD are definitely the two most talented players of this generation. Like someone else said above, there’s a bunch of really talented players but those two are above the rest, at least for me personally.

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

C'mon, the best two players of this generation are LeBron and KD.  Curry, Kahwi, AD, and Harden are all great players but they are not quite on the same level as LeBron and KD.

I tend to agree with this James and KD are the g.o.a.t.s of this era, but Curry & Leonard are inching closer & closer (need more rings)

AD & Harden aren't even part of the conversation 

@jay_00 Good point you bring up about Steph, the constant doubles/traps thrown his way. And he still goes off on a nightly basis

Curry definitely elevates his teammates to another level.  Something KD , Klaw , just don't do .. as great as they are. 

+ He's the greatest shooter of all time , no one ever refutes that 

• Like 1

its pretty simple. its very easy for kd and lbj to pass out of double teams for ease looks. even kawhi has that ability

14 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

please dont mention harden and ad with kawhi, kd, lbj, and even curry.

might want to watch this if you dont think kawhi is as talented or better than kd/lbj

so bullies simmons to get to his spot in the paint, shakes and turns butler and puts embiid on a poster.

then gets middelton and giannis

then dray and klay.

those are all nba def players if not all 1st team nba def players and kawhi owned them all

what cant kawhi do i am interest to hear? just defending my op and kawhi not that it really matters. if you like basketball watch this

Edited by colepenhagen

21 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

its pretty simple. its very easy for kd and lbj to pass out of double teams for ease looks. even kawhi has that ability

please dont mention harden and ad with kawhi, kd, lbj, and even curry.

might want to watch this if you dont think kawhi is as talented or better than kd/lbj

so bullies simmons to get to his spot in the paint, shakes and turns butler and puts embiid on a poster.

then gets middelton and giannis

then dray and klay.

those are all nba def players if not all 1st team nba def players and kawhi owned them all

what cant kawhi do i am interest to hear? just defending my op and kawhi not that it really matters. if you like basketball watch this

I get what you’re saying and Kawhi is no doubt a top talent of this generation. However, that 2019 run was peak Kawhi and he hasn’t been at that level since and wasn’t at that level before. KD and Bron have done this playoff run after playoff run, not to mention regular season accomplishments which was greater than Kawhi’s. Like you said, it doesn’t really matter but just IMO, it’s Bron and KD. Both are just total cheat codes. What KD is doing coming off a torn Achilles is seriously incredible. It needs to be talked about more. 

23 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

I get what you’re saying and Kawhi is no doubt a top talent of this generation. However, that 2019 run was peak Kawhi and he hasn’t been at that level since and wasn’t at that level before. KD and Bron have done this playoff run after playoff run, not to mention regular season accomplishments which was greater than Kawhi’s. Like you said, it doesn’t really matter but just IMO, it’s Bron and KD. Both are just total cheat codes. What KD is doing coming off a torn Achilles is seriously incredible. It needs to be talked about more. 

i mean hes been that good sense he was asked/needed to be that good. he does have 135 po games vs kd 150 and kd got two extra years in the league.

dont forget kd couldnt win with westbrook harden ibaka and had to join klay dray and curry. lets see him knock of the bucks with no irving and limited harden in game 7.

also lbj has only won titles with another top 5-8 player in the nba on his team (wade, irving, ad) plus others

kawhi finals mvp on two different teams

also depends what you want in a player will sway who you value more. i never thought in million years that curry would of been brought up before lbj when i posted about kawhi and kd and it was a little bait for lbj lovers ha

Edited by colepenhagen

1 hour ago, RedRaider27 said:

That’s the problem with Kawhi. His peak is extremely short.

During his first Spurs run he was just another piece as I mentioned, he became a star but got injured and then refused to play, he had that season in Toronto (peak), last year he choked along with PG, and then this year he’s injured again.

It’s like people are arguing peak Kawhi vs current Curry. That’s not how that works. There’s a reason T-MAC isn’t mentioned in a lot of conversations.

I’m also going to knock players for sitting out half the regular season just so they can be healthier than everyone else. I get why Kawhi did it but still. It also speaks volume to them getting first seed with Kawhi resting half the year.

I get Kawhi is great but people literally look at one season and use that one season to put him over a dude that went to 5 straight finals. 

• Like 1

Curry could not get GSW  to win against Memphis. 
KD could never win as the main guy on the team.   Let's see how it goes in game 7.

LBJ has lost too many finals to be considered better playoff performer than Kawhi.

Assuming health, if you can pick one player for a must win  playoff game today who would you like on your team?

I will go with Kawhi and his  brilliance on both ends.  Game 6 against Dallas was a individual performance to remember

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, legoDude said:

KD could never win as the main guy on the team.   Let's see how it goes in game 7.

LBJ has lost too many finals to be considered better playoff performer than Kawhi.

Assuming health, if you can pick one player for a must win  playoff game today who would you like on your team?

I will go with Kawhi and his  brilliance on both ends.  Game 6 against Dallas was a individual performance to remember

Kawhi at least has PG13 and solid role players. Clips already won without Kawhi and 1 win away from beating the number 1 seed without him. Curry literally had nothing other than Wiggins and Dray who averages 8 ppg. You put Kawhi on that team instead of Curry and they would not have done any better.

1 hour ago, jay_00 said:

Kawhi at least has PG13 and solid role players. Clips already won without Kawhi and 1 win away from beating the number 1 seed without him. Curry literally had nothing other than Wiggins and Dray who averages 8 ppg. You put Kawhi on that team instead of Curry and they would not have done any better.

We are talking about playoff performances and if Curry is such a great player (he is) he should be able to carry his team and win. 

Curry had former #1 pick Wiggins and Draymond (self proclaimed NBA's best defender ever ) with him. 
You need better supporting cast to win  a game in JJJ played 15 min and Jonas fouled out in 26 minutes?

Morant had supporting cast of  Kyle Anderson and Dillon Brooks.   Put Kawhi on that team and Memphis loses by 20

2 hours ago, legoDude said:

Kawhi in game 7 vs Nuggets: 6/22 14 pts

I can also play this game.

Also, the Lebron finals argument is one of the easiest identifiers nowadays that somebody has no clue what they’re talking about. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, legoDude said:

We are talking about playoff performances and if Curry is such a great player (he is) he should be able to carry his team and win. 

Curry had former #1 pick Wiggins and Draymond (self proclaimed NBA's best defender ever ) with him. 
You need better supporting cast to win  a game in JJJ played 15 min and Jonas fouled out in 26 minutes?

Morant had supporting cast of  Kyle Anderson and Dillon Brooks.   Put Kawhi on that team and Memphis loses by 20

Curry did carry his team. Any other season they would have been the 8 seed. One silly rule change and they're not in the playoffs because of a loss to a team that they had beaten just a week earlier by a wide margin. You're here defending his teammates mentioning Wiggins was a former number #1 pick like that's supposed to change the fact that he's trash. That shows that you're a true definition of a biased hater. You know damn well Wiggins sucks. You know damn well Draymond only averages 8 ppg. You know damn well no one on that roster other than Wiggs averages more than 12 a game (Oubre and Wiseman were both injured).

Put Kawhi on this team and they go no where. Kawhi would routinely face double teams nightly, something that he hasn't really had to worry about the last couple of seasons. You act like Curry's on a good team but I love how you completely ignored the Clips winning without Kawhi tho, how funny. Man stop being biased.

Just now, cashvillesent said:

GianAnus kind of reminds me of the young Bron where he couldnt knock a mid jump shot to save his life....

its so funny watching giannis play. its like a rb drill on madden 1 on 1 make ur defender miss. giannis runs full speed into the defender giving him the three or a 15 footer.

and my point still stands kawhi is better at basketball than curry. numbers and eyetest agree anyone who doesnt see that has no clue what they are talking about.

• Like 1