NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 NBA Playoffs Thread

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Damn:

Harden 

Durant

Kyrie

Lose in the second round. Who would of saw that happening?

In their defense, injuries hit them pretty bad the last couple weeks. First Harden, then Kyrie. They weren’t the same. Unfortunately, injuries have killed quite a few teams this playoff. It will be nice to see the league get back on their regular schedule this fall. Injuries suck. At this point I’m really not sure who wins. I guess I’ll roll with Phoenix but it’s wide open. I can’t remember a playoff like this one. It’s been crazy.

Anyone could legit win it at this point. Right when you think you’ve found the team to beat, they get hurt. I think Phoenix is that team but the Flippers are starting to turn into the team of destiny it seems like. You’d think they couldn’t beat Phoenix without Kawhi but PG is playing well and their role players are great. I think that will be a great series. To me, and this is just my worthless opinion, it’s either gonna be LA or the Suns who win it, so to me basically the WCF is the Finals.

33 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Anyone could legit win it at this point. Right when you think you’ve found the team to beat, they get hurt. I think Phoenix is that team but the Flippers are starting to turn into the team of destiny it seems like. You’d think they couldn’t beat Phoenix without Kawhi but PG is playing well and their role players are great. I think that will be a great series. To me, and this is just my worthless opinion, it’s either gonna be LA or the Suns who win it, so to me basically the WCF is the Finals.

if lac without kawhi beat phx with cp3 back game 2 i will cut my pinky toe off with a shovel

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RedRaider27 said:

In their defense, injuries hit them pretty bad the last couple weeks. First Harden, then Kyrie. They weren’t the same. Unfortunately, injuries have killed quite a few teams this playoff. It will be nice to see the league get back on their regular schedule this fall. Injuries suck. At this point I’m really not sure who wins. I guess I’ll roll with Phoenix but it’s wide open. I can’t remember a playoff like this one. It’s been crazy.

Next Man Up.

Clippers lost Kawhi and Terrance Mann and Reggie Jackson stepped up heavy with a rejuvenated PG13.

Durant (The BeST pLaYEr iN ThE WoRlD) lost Kyrie and Harden (Harden still played 2 games out of the 7, and couldn’t beat Giannis is is limited offensively with skill set and a game with Jrue Holiday and Middleton shooting up bricks to fill a brick yard. 

Edit: Still had Blake Griffin, Jeff Green and Joe “Sniper” Harris.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Next Man Up.

Clippers lost Kawhi and Terrance Mann and Reggie Jackson stepped up heavy with a rejuvenated PG13.

Durant (The BeST pLaYEr iN ThE WoRlD) lost Kyrie and Harden (Harden still played 2 games out of the 7, and couldn’t beat Giannis is is limited offensively with skill set and a game with Jrue Holiday and Middleton shooting up bricks to fill a brick yard. 

Edit: Still had Blake Griffin, Jeff Green and Joe “Sniper” Harris.

I get the next man up mantra but it doesn’t quite work like that. BKN was a top heavy super team that needed all their guys healthy. LAC has a much deeper team with solid role players. That’s the problem with super teams, if everyone stays healthy you’ll coast your way to the Finals much like BKN was doing before injuries. But if you do get hurt, you’re pretty much screwed because you don’t have anyone to step up. Sorry but BG doesn’t bring much to the table anymore and Green is an inconsistent, old role player. He had a big game 5, then you don’t hear from him again. You need guys that bring it every night, BKN didn’t have those guys. Harris is garbage in the playoffs too. It doesn’t bother me BKN is out, I didn’t care if they won or not, but had they not got hurt they would’ve won it all. Their top 3 guys had too much horsepower. They still almost won with no Kyrie and maybe 50% Harden who had a grade 2 hamstring pull. Injuries happen and it will be a what if season now for them but saying next man up, it just doesn’t quite work like that. They built their team too heavy and it bit them in the a$$

6 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Could have also done it with the size 18's if he made the last shot instead of airballing though.

Funny enough his foot was on the line on that shot also.

• Haha 1

I think Philly has to move on from Simmons at this point. They messed up hiring the most overrated coach in NBA history, Mr. Doc Rivers, but he’ll get another season to blow a playoff series for them. Simmons, as talented as he is, just can’t stay on that team anymore. He seems broken mentally now. A fresh start would be great for both sides. He’s still so young and despite with Twitter says, he has a lot of talent. He just needs someone to get in his head and make him actually work this summer. Imagine if he even had a halfway decent shot... Regardless, another disappointing end to the season for Philly and wow, what a surprise by the Hawks. I’m not sure what their cap situation is but they might be one piece away from being a major player for years. I’m very impressed.

If I’m the Philly owner there is two teams I’m calling first in the morning:

Rockets: Ben for Wall and maybe a pick.

or

Thunder: Ben for Kemba or just trade Ben for picks. 

But whatever the case may be. Ben needs to be gone. 

5 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

If I’m the Philly owner there is two teams I’m calling first in the morning:

Rockets: Ben for Wall and maybe a pick.

or

Thunder: Ben for Kemba or just trade Ben for picks. 

But whatever the case may be. Ben needs to be gone. 

Blazers might be stupid enough to trade CJ for him.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Blazers might be stupid enough to trade CJ for him.

That would be a steal for Blazers.

Simmons is 6' 11" (same as Nurkic, Jokic,  Giannis, AD is 6' 10")  and it's obvious that Simmons as PG does not work. Playing  Simmons at center or PF  would be much better option (of course Simmons needs to agree to that).

Dame, Powell, Covington, Simmons  x 2 would be  much better starting 5

In other words, imo best for Simmons would be to switch to 5 and surround him with shooters