NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Adam Frazier 2021 Outlook

Looks like the Padres are looking towards next season.  Probably in a platoon with Myers this season.

Maybe somehow they trade Hosmer.  Move Cornenworth to 1B.  Play Frazier at 2B.

I really hope people don’t think he is platooning. He can hit and he’s playing, book it. His value to me simply goes up. Terrible team to bomb squad. Is it really more complicated?

Edit: Not a Frazier owner 

Edited by Daytraders2019
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

I really hope people don’t think he is platooning. He can hit and he’s playing, book it. His value to me simply goes up. Terrible team to bomb squad. Is it really more complicated?

Edit: Not a Frazier owner 

For sure. 129wRC+ vs RHP, 131 vs LHP. Which side is he sitting against? There's a good chance he leads the league in runs from here forward. He has 58 runs currently(30th best) and was playing for the lowest scoring team, Pirates scored 367 on the year, and is now going to the seventh highest scoring team, SD has 491. SD has scored 1.33 the amount of runs that PIT did, and 58runs X 1.33 is......... tied for the league lead in runs. 

He's gonna flirt with being a top five 2B the rest of the year in points leagues. That's high praise when you're talking about Semien, Albies, Altuve, Merrifield, Muncy, Cronenworth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

So I guess the ship has really sailed on Austin Nola getting those infield reps to keep his extra 1B/2B eligibility for next season? Darn. 

It wasn’t going to happen anyways Nola needs to learn how to hit anyways not worry about reps at a position he won’t play

Edited by Golden Spikes

5 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

For sure. 129wRC+ vs RHP, 131 vs LHP. Which side is he sitting against? There's a good chance he leads the league in runs from here forward. He has 58 runs currently(30th best) and was playing for the lowest scoring team, Pirates scored 367 on the year, and is now going to the seventh highest scoring team, SD has 491. SD has scored 1.33 the amount of runs that PIT did, and 58runs X 1.33 is......... tied for the league lead in runs. 

He's gonna flirt with being a top five 2B the rest of the year in points leagues. That's high praise when you're talking about Semien, Albies, Altuve, Merrifield, Muncy, Cronenworth.

I mean right now he’s the #22 hitter in my points league already lol

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, collucho said:

image.png.02b0e23c200d12363f539b0085e5175b.png

1% Barrel rate this season. .355 BABIP. His xBA is .25 lower than his BA.

Thought his profile was really interesting so I figured I'd share. 

If I just looked at this without seeing the player I'd have guessed Madrigal