NBC Sports Edge Forums

He was a former prospect with some pedigree, dealt with arm trouble for a couple seasons.

Has 15 K thru 10 2/3 IP in his first two starts in 2021.  Watched a few innings of his start last night and thought he had some nice stuff 

Could be a good streamer, or deep league find.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to James Kaprielian 2021 Outlook

I saw a tweet that he's throwing his 4SFB over 50% of the time and that it is an average offering.  The pundit in question said to be cautious going forward because his performances are likely to regress.   For the kids sake I hope he's a stud, but I just figured I'd pass this along to the forum.

• Like 1

Anybody have eyes on the game? Did he turn back into a pumpkin or is there still reason for optimism here? I’m guessing he’s never going to have this thread title right after this performance.

He was so sharp in the first inning and then it all went downhill from there. Putting runners on asking for trouble. Finally ending up making a really bad pitch with 2 strikes and 2 outs to the 9 hitter on one of the worst offenses in baseball. Frustrating but with how good his first 3 starts were I'm willing to give him one more shot. Sometimes its tough for a pitcher to face the same team twice in one week

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Anyone rolling this dude today? He's been pretty legit but apparently can be had by lefties. 

Sure am...

Why roster them if you don't start them...