NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Siri, set reminder for August 18, 2041 to troll Posty on the NBC Sports Edge/Bitcoin Esports Betting Site with an "| Told You So" about Alek "Mountain" Manoah's HOF career. Mention that all busts are

These are decisions that somewhat can make a season for a fantasy owner.  Picking up middling/slightly better than middling talents like Morton, Manaea, Bumgarner vs. punching a potential lottery tick

One more thing about innings limit in general, not even just about Manoah.  If a young pitcher pitches so many innings that they have to consider his workload because he hasn't been built up enough an

15 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Does he stick in the rotation long term or was this just a single call up for the time being?

The Blue Jays are trying to win now. They will play their best players.  As long as he pitches well he’s here to stay 

• Thanks 3
41 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Siri, set reminder for August 18, 2041 to troll Posty on the NBC Sports Edge/Bitcoin Esports Betting Site with an "| Told You So" about Alek "Mountain" Manoah's HOF career. Mention that all busts are now holograms.

GOLD

26 minutes ago, collucho said:

Seems like we're all trying to avoid talking about his last start...

I didn't watch the game but I sure thought it was an easy matchup against the Marlins after watching his last start. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, collucho said:

Seems like we're all trying to avoid talking about his last start...

The biggest thing I got from that game was treat Buffalo like you treat @COL. 

Edit: Wanted to add that all the bad stuff came after he got hit in the leg by that Devers comebacker. It didn’t seem to bother him and I don’t think it’s the reason for him getting beat up, but it is noteworthy. 

Edited by Wytchclt55
Added info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to live in a world where the last start didn't happen. 

I jest. But yeah, he got lit up last night. A combination of hanging some pitches and that ballpark being an absolute bandbox. Got hit in the knee as well on a hard comebacker. The Yankees worked him, but he worked them too as his you can see the elite skillset on display with all his Ks. I don't anticipate him having any HR issues going forward, but I do like that he got slapped up a bit in this start. I'm interested to see how he rebounds from such a poor outing, but man...I just don't have any worries. He looks like a real dog out there who will get after it relentlessly. No fear

15 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

The biggest thing I got from that game was treat Buffalo like you treat @COL. 

Yes, unfortunately it really is that kind of situation. Balls fly out of the park here, and I'll be using my local weather knowledge to randomly determine if I'm going to be starting any of the Jays pitchers or opponents for the ROS. Buffalo has been an extreme hitters park in the sample we've had, so its going to need to be managed carefully.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Yes, unfortunately it really is that kind of situation. Balls fly out of the park here, and I'll be using my local weather knowledge to randomly determine if I'm going to be starting any of the Jays pitchers or opponents for the ROS. Buffalo has been an extreme hitters park in the sample we've had, so its going to need to be managed carefully.

Can't believe some guy in the Vlad thread was ranting and raving about Buffalo being the new Oracle! 

On 5/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, Richard Kimble said:

Siri, set reminder for August 18, 2041 to troll Posty on the NBC Sports Edge/Bitcoin Esports Betting Site with an "| Told You So" about Alek "Mountain" Manoah's HOF career. Mention that all busts are now holograms.

Hologram GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1

Anyone throwing him out there against CWS? He's got the extra rest they thought might have been a problem his last outing. How do you think he performs tonight?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, silianrail said:

Anyone throwing him out there against CWS? He's got the extra rest they thought might have been a problem his last outing. How do you think he performs tonight?

Hand And Karen GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Not a clue

Edited by Goatstain3
23 minutes ago, rotoguy74 said:

Anyone with the nards for hi two starts this week @ Sawx and Birds?

I will be giving it the whole nine nards this week.

YARN | Get the whole nine nards. | The Office (2005) - S05E07 Business Trip  | Video gifs by quotes | d175a2ac | 紗

My nards on sunday:

18 Hilariously Embarrassing Andy Moments From "The Office"

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, rotoguy74 said:

Anyone with the nards for hi two starts this week @ Sawx and Birds?

i feel like i need to take advantage of every start he gets outside of that toy park in buffalo 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I’ll pass on starting the guy with the >5.00 FIP against the best team in the majors 

*disclaimer I also wouldn’t have started him against the white Sox last time and he did ~fine

I'm sitting him again. If he pitches good that is still good.