NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Calvin Ridley 2021 Outlook

15 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It’s hard to think losing a HOF WR playing across from you is a good thing. It will increase your target share but you will also become the focal point of opposing defenses. Yet to be determined how this well affect Ridley with the new offense they will run.

I can tell u. A lot of safety coverage and shadowing. No one will roll gage’s wAy. Pitts is interesting, but I’m not taking that plunge in rd4. I might be in the minority, but I am in the this hurts Ridley more than helps him camp...

4 hours ago, ChrisChinMcCaffrey said:

When Reggie Wayne become the number one guy without Harrison his stats got better. 

When Juju became the number one guy without Antonio Brown his stats got worse. So?

To clarify, I think Ridley is a lot better than JuJu, and he already proved last season he can do it without Jones. I just wanted to rail a bit against a single sentence you can use in almost anyway without further context. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

Foot surgery ...  :unsure:

I know the tweet makes it seem extremely minor and I have no reason to believe it's not but foot injuries can be brutal. If he is ready for training camp and there's no set backs there's no reason it should be any worry by the time most drafts roll around.

Ridley game logs without Julio last year, fwiw.

By my math, it is 50 catches, 759 yards, 3 TD's in 7 games .  over 20 PPG PPR.   

• 5 catches on 13 targets, 110 yards
  • 8/10, 130
  • 6/9, 50 TD
  • 8/12, 124, TD
  • 10/14, 163, TD
  • 5/9, 130
  • 8/12, 52
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think it’s somewhat of a fallacy to think going a couple of games without Julio will be the same as giving defenses an entire offseason + to plan for ridley as the top guy. 2nd round is too high for me personally. I think the whole falcons offense takes a step back. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

I think it’s somewhat of a fallacy to think going a couple of games without Julio will be the same as giving defenses an entire offseason + to plan for ridley as the top guy. 2nd round is too high for me personally. I think the whole falcons offense takes a step back. 

Falcons defense stinks and garbage time stats count too. 

28 minutes ago, fingers said:

Falcons defense stinks and garbage time stats count too. 

Fo sho. His adp is just too rich for me. I look at the other WRs going mid/ late 2nd/ 3rd and they’re all more skilled to me. I can respect ridleys high ceiling but not sure the risk to reward ratio is right for me at his price 

4 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

Targets, yards and receptions will be there. My worry is that without Julio last year Ryan became unable to convert touchdowns in the red zone to Ridley just like he struggled with Jones. 

I think the addition of Pitts kinda offsets the loss of Julio.  If Pitts is as good as they say he is, he should command some attention and free up Ridley.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, Panthers8912 said:

Fo sho. His adp is just too rich for me. I look at the other WRs going mid/ late 2nd/ 3rd and they’re all more skilled to me. I can respect ridleys high ceiling but not sure the risk to reward ratio is right for me at his price 

More skilled in what way? He is an elite route runner with great hands who runs a 4.4. Also unlike aj brown, Metcalf, etc. He is a lock for 140-160 targets on a team who has no def, no run game, and in a division that will force them to throw 40-60 times per game. He is in his prime and is a super super safe pick.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

More skilled in what way? He is an elite route runner with great hands who runs a 4.4. Also unlike aj brown, Metcalf, etc. He is a lock for 140-160 targets on a team who has no def, no run game, and in a division that will force them to throw 40-60 times per game. He is in his prime and is a super super safe pick.

This pretty much sums it up. Targets and catches are king in fantasy football PPR and Ridley is set to eclipse the 150 target and 100+ reception plateau.

Easy 1st round pick this year and probably top 2-4 WR off the board.

37 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

This pretty much sums it up. Targets and catches are king in fantasy football PPR and Ridley is set to eclipse the 150 target and 100+ reception plateau.

Took him first overall NBD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

In a PPR draft if Ridley and Hopkins are both staring you in the face, who do you draft?

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

In a PPR draft if Ridley and Hopkins are both staring you in the face, who do you draft?

idk, that’s a good problem to have. I guess I’d probably go with Ridley based on upside. Hopkins didn’t command those 10-12 targets per game like he got in Houston. Obviously both are worthy but I like Ridley more cause I think he will have more targets and catches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

idk, that’s a good problem to have. I guess I’d probably go with Ridley based on upside. Hopkins didn’t command those 10-12 targets per game like he got in Houston. Obviously both are worthy but I like Ridley more cause I think he will have more targets and catches.

Hey “Cleats”: Thoughts on Ridley getting opponents CB1 every game now Julio is gone? Last year he struggled with foot/ankle injuries; is he now healthy after surgery? Will Falcons be slow to let him go full out like Barkley & GMen during early season. Thoughts & opinion please & Thx 🙏 

Yea I love ridley but I loved him more with julio, not saying I won't draft him as I agree If he plays like normal he's an easy a top wr ,but this is going into a little of the unknown territory imo with him being the top dog and the injury recovery as well,  it just makes me want to shy away and rather go with other end of 1st early 2nd wrs ....but I probably will dip in somewhere.