NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/30 - GAME DAY THREAD

5 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Blake Snell, to my great benefit today, is complete trash

If I owned him, it wouldn’t even briefly cross my mind to ever start him on the road

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

Blake Snell, to my great benefit today, is complete trash

Is he EVER going to pitch a good game the rest of his career? Its getting to be doubtful. Same thing happens every start He Gets a high pitch count in 1st 3 innings gets lit up then leaves game under 5 innings pitched wiith 6 earned runs. Wash rinse repeat

Just now, Whizzinator said:

Snell is in that awful zone where he has too much potential to cut, but also is performing worse than guys on the waiver wire.  A terrible player to own at the moment.

This. I want to rage drop his a** so badly. Absolutely infuriating player to own. 

1 minute ago, mks said:

I am aware of those drastic home road splits. BUT the home games he still runs his pitch counts up high. He has to crawl on all 4s across the finish line just  to get in 5 full innings even at home. 

That’s just who he is and always has been - I still maintain he’s a home-ONLY viable option.  Treat his away starts as if he’s always at Coors and you can extract value if you had the misfortune to draft him

6 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Snell against the most patient lineup in baseball? Sign me up to get hurt again. 3.2 IP 5 BB 5 ER prediction. 

It hasn’t been 3.2 quite yet, but is the pain sufficient to slake your thirst?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

That’s just who he is and always has been - I still maintain he’s a home-ONLY viable option.  Treat his away starts as if he’s always at Coors and you can extract value if you had the misfortune to draft him

He won a CY award and dominated that yr so its not how he always has been.  I not saying he is has good has his CY year BUT you think he be better then this at least in short term spurts show some of the domination he did in his CY year BUt it never happens. Gets lit every game  with high pitch counts like clockwork. I am going to try to trade him for a Middle of the road pitcher like Robbie Ray, Steven Matz or Nathian Evoldi thou I don;t even know If I can even get anyone that good for him. Maybe I could get Johnny Cueto or a Mike Foltynewicz level pitcher for him. regardless I just don't want him on my team anymore. He will be one of the 1st names I scratch off my draft list next yr too. I will simply never draft him again .

7 hours ago, mks said:

3.2 innings is very generous. I just hoping he can muster 3 innings under 85 pitches and get 5 Ks

7 hours ago, mks said:

3.2 innings is very generous. I just hoping he can muster 3 innings under 85 pitches and get 5 Ks

7 hrs later: I told you 3.2 innings is being generous

3 minutes ago, mks said:

He won a CY award and dominated that yr so its not how he always has been.  I not saying he is has good has his CY year BUT you think he be better then this at least in short term spurts show some of the domination he did in his CY year BUt it never happens. Gets lit every game  with high pitch counts like clockwork. I am going to try to trade him for a Middle of the road pitcher like Robbie Ray, Steven Matz or Nathian Evoldi thou I don;t even know If I can even get anyone that good for him. Maybe I could get Johnny Cueto or a Mike Foltynewicz level pitcher for him. regardless I just don't want him on my team anymore. He will be one of the 1st names I scratch off my draft list next yr too. I will simply never draft him again .

In 2018 he made it beyond 6 IP exactly 8 times.  Efficiency has never been his hallmark.