NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Edward Olivares 2021 Outlook

6 hours ago, meh2 said:

I’m wondering if he gets a quick recall if Mondesi hits the IL….

I think him getting sent down would mean no il for mondesi

Posted (edited)

Seeing as they're an AL team, they wanted to bring up an arm that they likely won't use...thankfully the AL has the DH so Soler has a place to hit, oh wait...🤣

Edited by FISH ON

how does Mondesi at SS going on the IL open up playing time for Olivares that was not there when he was sent down.

Oliveras should be playing every day if he is in the majors, but who is out between Soler at DH, Dozier in RF, Taylor in CF, Benintendi in LF.

15 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

how does Mondesi at SS going on the IL open up playing time for Olivares that was not there when he was sent down.

Oliveras should be playing every day if he is in the majors, but who is out between Soler at DH, Dozier in RF, Taylor in CF, Benintendi in LF.

They can slide Dozier to 3B and sit Kelvin Gutierrez.  That's what I am thinking anyways.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Not in the lineup. 💆‍♂️

giphy.gif

So frustrating...   I really don't get the rationale in starting Kelvin Gutierrez over him at this point.   

Edited by Zig Zag
Fixed
  • Like 3

Just now, Sparty1045 said:

Called up again

Big difference now with Beni out for a lengthy period of time, Oliveras will actually get a chance to show what he can do. Not sure I'd rush to get him outside of deep 4-5 OF leagues, maybe keep an eye on him for a minute and see where he hits in the order and if he gets to run. One thing about the Royals, they run more than any other team.

• Like 1