Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 June Closer Thread


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, AHF said:

Do you guys think Clase still owns a share of the role in Cleveland or have they full on moved to Karinchak at this point?

Karinchak’s last save was June 1 and Clase’s was May 31. Their wins since then were all blowouts or comebacks so no save opps. I don’t think anything has changed as far as them splitting saves.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Do you guys think Clase still owns a share of the role in Cleveland or have they full on moved to Karinchak at this point?

Considering that Karinchak has been used far more sparingly as of late (I would presume that Francona finally got around to reading my posts on how badly he was overworking Karinchak and Clase) I expect that it will be a committee due to inning-management concerns if nothing else.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Beat me to it. You're still the tops...but...I'm coming for that numba 1 spot...

 

Am I Quincy in this situation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

 

Its such a ridiculous scene if you play any poker, but its also a helluva captivating one too. Gotta beat the man. I've done a full length vent and rant on poker forums about this and all poker scenes in movies/TV. You got right to my core, you're too good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm happy to have gotten some vulture saves from Cisnero, but Fulmer should resume closing duties. He's high on my list of relievers being featured for a trade, so if he's healthy they'll go back to leaning on him heavily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I'm happy to have gotten some vulture saves from Cisnero, but Fulmer should resume closing duties. He's high on my list of relievers being featured for a trade, so if he's healthy they'll go back to leaning on him heavily. 

care to share the list?  would be good to start targeting some closers in waiting as we approach the trade deadline....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alex Reyes w/ the CLEAN INN and the save... guy is having a pretty amazing year considering he's walked 28 men and given up 10 hits in 31 INN. Having allowed 38 baserunners yet only giving up 3 ER is no easy feat, but this is his second consecutive clean outing... only the fourth of the year, and I'm not complaining about 16 saves. Hopefully he can reign in the free passes and be the kinda guy found on many winning teams. We shall see?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Alex Reyes w/ the CLEAN INN and the save... guy is having a pretty amazing year considering he's walked 28 men and given up 10 hits in 31 INN. Having allowed 38 baserunners yet only giving up 3 ER is no easy feat, but this is his second consecutive clean outing... only the fourth of the year, and I'm not complaining about 16 saves. Hopefully he can reign in the free passes and be the kinda guy found on many winning teams. We shall see?

Modern day Mitch Williams.  Horrible control but closed games out for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

crichton and soria trading days of giving up runs  in non save situations.  tonight it was crichton coming into the game down 1 in the 8th.  no one wants that closer role in AZ.

Edited by swingbatter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...