Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, rockmastermike said:

I see the blurb about Hunter Harvey returning for the O's.....is he the one closer in Balt to rule them all?

it'll probably be Sulser since everyone grabbed either Fry or Harvey

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Neris still manages to find ways to blow saves after no longer being the closer

Posted Images

20 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I think it's fluid. I'm fortunate enough play in a saves + holds league where I own both so it doesn't really matter. I could see them both finishing with 15 -20 saves, but I expect Karinchak to have the better overall numbers by quite a bit. 

Clase better start getting rocked hard and often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

17 career innings.

0 career saves.

The word 'closer' has six letters in it.

'Hunter' also has six letters in it.

'Harvey' ... again, six letters. 

Hunter Harvey will be the Baltimore closer=confirmed.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Overlord said:

The word 'closer' has six letters in it.

'Hunter' also has six letters in it.

'Harvey' ... again, six letters. 

Hunter Harvey will be the Baltimore closer=confirmed.

Top 5 ROS

 Also 6 letters.....and a number.  I’ll see myself out.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GeorgeCostanza said:

it'll probably be Sulser since everyone grabbed either Fry or Harvey

Fry got the final 5 outs tonight, though I guess it was a non-save situation when he came in. Gave up a sac fly to score the inherited runner then walked the next two guys, but got out of it and then buckled down in the 9th. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

Fry got the final 5 outs tonight, though I guess it was a non-save situation when he came in. Gave up a sac fly to score the inherited runner then walked the next two guys, but got out of it and then buckled down in the 9th. 

Yeah it was as much a save situation as you can have without it technically being a save situation. It wasn't a pretty line and we won't get the save for our ratios, but he was definitely used like the closer today. Of course now he'll be tired next game when they'll end up being in a real save situation....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Yeah it was as much a save situation as you can have without it technically being a save situation. It wasn't a pretty line and we won't get the save for our ratios, but he was definitely used like the closer today. Of course now he'll be tired next game when they'll end up being in a real save situation....

Well, it's Baltimore, and they've won two in a row so it'll be a few weeks now before they're due to win again. Plenty of time for Fry to rest up.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

Fry got the final 5 outs tonight, though I guess it was a non-save situation when he came in. Gave up a sac fly to score the inherited runner then walked the next two guys, but got out of it and then buckled down in the 9th. 

Sulser was unavailable, if he had been, he may have pitched the 9th

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Sulser was unavailable, if he had been, he may have pitched the 9th

Just like how Fry was unavailable last night when a save opp presented itself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Just like how Fry was unavailable last night when a save opp presented itself. 

Nah guys, no need to fight, we ALL got it wrong, it turns out according to Rotoworld it's been...(checks notes)...Tanner Scott all along. 

He's just been hiding in plain sight in the 6th and 7th inning this whole time, he's got us right where he wants us.
 

"Paul Fry didn't get a save, but he did notch the final five outs Wednesday in the Orioles' 6-3 win over the Twins.

The score was 6-2 when Fry entered in the eighth, so it wasn't a save situation. Fry gave up a sac fly to make it 6-3 and then walked a couple of batters, but he got Nelson Cruz to pop out to escape the jam and then retired three out of four batters in the ninth. Fry is one of a few candidates for saves in Baltimore now that Cesar Valdez is on the outs. Still, since he's behind Tanner Scott currently, he's probably not worth speculating on in mixed leagues."

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Wow. Yimi authoritatively blows the save. 

Gave up the winning run in his previous appearance. He was clean through his appearances prior with 5 saves and a win. Is there anything to see here or just the usual closer is going to blow one here and there? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

Gave up the winning run in his previous appearance. He was clean through his appearances prior with 5 saves and a win. Is there anything to see here or just the usual closer is going to blow one here and there? 

In his defense, the weather was pretty nasty, he was facing the Jays, and the walks were intentional. Then, not like it matters that much, but Marte dropped what would have been a sac fly to end it.  At least he would have recorded two outs. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you guys raking these potential closer/committee RP's?

J.P. Feyereisen

Paul Fry

Cole Sulser

Keynan Middleton

Kyle Zimmer

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

How are you guys raking these potential closer/committee RP's?

J.P. Feyereisen

Paul Fry

Cole Sulser

Keynan Middleton

Kyle Zimmer

Jp would be my first choice. The rest is desperation.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

How are you guys raking these potential closer/committee RP's?

J.P. Feyereisen

Paul Fry

Cole Sulser

Keynan Middleton

Kyle Zimmer

How am I ranking them?

By pinning names to a white board and throwing darts.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

How are you guys raking these potential closer/committee RP's?

J.P. Feyereisen

Paul Fry

Cole Sulser

Keynan Middleton

Kyle Zimmer

isnt holland above zimmer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

How are you guys raking these potential closer/committee RP's?

J.P. Feyereisen

Paul Fry

Cole Sulser

Keynan Middleton

Kyle Zimmer

Honestly, probably in the order you listed. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...