Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 10


Recommended Posts

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2021 Week 10


This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 10 of the 2021 MLB season.


It is not for the following:



Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.


Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If dropped in your league or sitting on your wire--for daily lineup leagues only...

Utility man (2B, 3B, SS, OF) David Fletcher has been playing better lately. He's in the 9-hole, so he has potential to contribute a nice batting average and maybe some runs. The Angels' offense mustn't be very good (I mean, I know it isn't..) but if you need a utility-type player to anchor your bench, he's not a horrible pickup. You won't get much power at all, but if his average/obp keeps rising he can be a nice spot starter for when your regulars have rest days. Plays virtually everywhere and he's finally starting to hit. Deep league/daily lineups only...if you have the bench room...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OF DJ Stewart

Last 15 games: 9 R, 4 HR, 10 RBI, .370 OBP

Most of that damage has come within his last 7, to boot. He's rostered in 1% of leagues and went 3-3 today. If you're looking for a 5th OF he's not a bad option. OPS is up to .749 on the season after he got off to a terrible start. He's someone I'm going to add to my bench after today's performance. O's are bad, but guys like Mullins and Stewart fly under the radar. I know Stewart got off to a dreadful start, but 1% ownership? That's nuts. Add him and see if he can keep it going.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

mentioned in week 9's thread; KC prospect Jackson Kowar starting for the Royals tomorrow, possibly a second start next weekend, too

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nlm said:

OF DJ Stewart

Last 15 games: 9 R, 4 HR, 10 RBI, .370 OBP

Most of that damage has come within his last 7, to boot. He's rostered in 1% of leagues and went 3-3 today. If you're looking for a 5th OF he's not a bad option. OPS is up to .749 on the season after he got off to a terrible start. He's someone I'm going to add to my bench after today's performance. O's are bad, but guys like Mullins and Stewart fly under the radar. I know Stewart got off to a dreadful start, but 1% ownership? That's nuts. Add him and see if he can keep it going.

Does Stewart start against LHP?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Does Stewart start against LHP?

Only 27ab compared to 104 vs rhp.... his numbers on the surface don't look to terrible vs lhp, though. He has started his last 10 games in a row. Perhaps it has something to do with Austin Hays being on the IL.

Edited by nlm
Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Staumont? 37% rostered. He's back off of the IL and should slide back into the closers role for the Royals. Even if they're a bad team, he's a good reliever and should see the majority of save or setup spots.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OF Harold Ramirez of the Indians could be worth a look.... deep league dive. 

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A deep dive with Kelenic being sent down... I'll post his triple-slash and some other stats so people don't think I'm crazy.

SEA OF Jake Fraley (although he's out of the lineup today)...

In 29 AB (small sample size, I know), he has a .207avg/.500obp/983ops ...16:10 BB to K ratio.

2 HR, 2 SB. Modest numbers overall, but he walks a TON. For OBP daily leagues, if you're looking for an outfielder to fill out your roster with and you can sacrifice some counting stats, this guy is an OBP machine this year. He could be a sneaky add as a 4th or 5th OF if he does wind up seeing some regular playing time with Kelenic at AAA. If not for that, I wouldn't have even mentioned him...but he had been getting starts anyway. Now there's even more room. Guy is virtually available everywhere. But in a 5 OF deep league I wouldn't be ashamed to have his OBP helping me out.

 

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Braves SP Tucker Davidson looks like he's going to stick in the rotation. Gets a pretty easy matchup with a middle-of-the-pack Phillies offense tomorrow. He may only be a streamer, but then again, with the way the Braves rotation has pitched this year he could very well end up sticking on fantasy rosters if he rallies off another good start. I think I'm going to use him tomorrow. 7% right now, but if he spins 6+ innings of good ball tomorrow, that number will surely jump.

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhh, if Robbie Ray is on your wire in anything 12 teams or over, I would strongly recommend adding him. He's still available in like 30% of leagues right now. He seems to have figured it out finally.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

C Max Stassi is batting cleanup for the Angels tonight. He's actually having a very solid season and hitting the ball well lately. With catcher being what it is, if you need someone I'd jump to take the chance on him. 7% rostered....

1B/OF LaMonte Wade Jr. is making some noise with the Giants right now. Leading off over the last 6 games, too. Owned in 2% of leagues...

MI Asdrubal Cabrera is back. He got off to a great start before hurting his hammy about 3 weeks ago. Good guy to have in 12+ leagues. Maybe 14+. If he can play like he was playing before the injury, he's a must-roster player in deeper leagues. 12% rostered...

 

I've got more, but I'm tired.

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

LaMonte Wade was going to be my contribution [...] Wade Jr. is a guy they apparently want to keep in the lineup where he's at until he gives them reason not to. I'm very intrigued, given his minor league BB/K numbers. OBP material and maybe more.

He and Fraley are the two making me wish my roster was larger this week. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, nlm said:

A deep dive with Kelenic being sent down... I'll post his triple-slash and some other stats so people don't think I'm crazy.

SEA OF Jake Fraley (although he's out of the lineup today)...

In 29 AB (small sample size, I know), he has a .207avg/.500obp/983ops ...16:10 BB to K ratio.

2 HR, 2 SB. Modest numbers overall, but he walks a TON. For OBP daily leagues, if you're looking for an outfielder to fill out your roster with and you can sacrifice some counting stats, this guy is an OBP machine this year. He could be a sneaky add as a 4th or 5th OF if he does wind up seeing some regular playing time with Kelenic at AAA. If not for that, I wouldn't have even mentioned him...but he had been getting starts anyway. Now there's even more room. Guy is virtually available everywhere. But in a 5 OF deep league I wouldn't be ashamed to have his OBP helping me out.

 

Wondering about his PT even with kelenic being sent down

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Wondering about his PT even with kelenic being sent down

Yeah, me too. When I saw his OBP/walk rate, I kind of got excited because it feels like good OBP from bit players has been harder to find this season. Probably can say that about MLB in general these days... But he has played really good lately, even in PH situations... so I don't know. I kind of like him again after looking up his past few games.

But their OF seems crowded and if he isn't playing daily I don't have a ton of interest, even with a great OBP clip.

Edited by nlm
Link to post
Share on other sites

Daniel Hudson... if your league counts holds in any capacity, he probably is (or should be) rostered.

However, if you're a SVs league that doesn't count holds, Brad Hand is coming off of a 44 pitch blown save.

Hudson has to be the first guy in line to get the next save chance, and there's always a chance something happens or changes from there. Hand hasn't been overly impressive at all this year... 

Hudson is only owned at about 23% in Yahoo! right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nlm said:

Daniel Hudson... if your league counts holds in any capacity, he probably is (or should be) rostered.

However, if you're a SVs league that doesn't count holds, Brad Hand is coming off of a 44 pitch blown save.

Hudson has to be the first guy in line to get the next save chance, and there's always a chance something happens or changes from there. Hand hasn't been overly impressive at all this year... 

Hudson is only owned at about 23% in Yahoo! right now.

Actually it was Hudson who was charged with the blown save on 6/9.

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/closer-depth-chart

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Vogelbach starting to hit for some power and should see plenty of ABs in the 2 hole with Shaw hurt and Hiura down....and they go to Coors next week

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Miguel Rojas is nearing return and a solid mi option especially if he is leading off

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, damana said:

Actually it was Hudson who was charged with the blown save on 6/9.

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/closer-depth-chart

Ahh dang, my mistake. I dunno, there must be a stat correction coming in my league soon.

Anyway...

Two pitchers. One for Wins league, another for QS...

Wins streamer:

Justin  Dunn, SEA (14% Rostered)
@CLE
Dunn is coming off of the DL and making his first start since going on the IL June 1st, retroactive to May 31st. Anyway, he was pitching very good until he went down. 

3.18 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, 49 strikeouts in 45 1/3 IP

For those in QS leagues, I don't know if he'll go a full 6 innings. But if you're chasing a W he could be a nice play vs a relatively weak Cleveland lineup.

Now, if you're looking more for a QS from your SP...

Cole Irvin, OAK (26% owned)
Vs. KC
Irvin has 6 QS on the year, which looks better on paper than his 4-7 standing record. He faces KC today, who has shown they can explode, but I trust Irvin in a matchup like this. He's also coming off of an extremely encouraging start @Coors field in which he permitted only one run and struck out his second-highest total (6) in any start this season (his most was 9).

 

Both are out there...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Eyeball Ryan Zimmerman (3%).... even in limited play, he's probably outplayed Josh Bell. If you're in a daily lineup league you could have a worse bench stash than Zimmerman right now... he's up to 8 HR, 20 RBI, and a .295 AVG ..OPS of .918... he's done this in 105 AB. 

If Bell starts to struggle again, Zimmerman may get more playing time. It's a deep / daily lineup league tout. But he's out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, nlm said:

Braves SP Tucker Davidson looks like he's going to stick in the rotation. Gets a pretty easy matchup with a middle-of-the-pack Phillies offense tomorrow. He may only be a streamer, but then again, with the way the Braves rotation has pitched this year he could very well end up sticking on fantasy rosters if he rallies off another good start. I think I'm going to use him tomorrow. 7% right now, but if he spins 6+ innings of good ball tomorrow, that number will surely jump.

 

avatars-000307659416-o60yiy-t500x500.jpg

 

Still only at 17%... and he did exactly what I said he had to do: rally off 6IP of good ball. Only walked 1. Control may be an issue with him at times, but this is a guy I think you can even go after in a redraft league. The Braves surely need someone who can give them about 6 innings and keep them in the game. Could end up being a great source of QS...get him now.

 

Edited by nlm
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really deep leagues that could use a MI might take a look towards new MIL starting 2B Jace Peterson. Can def deliver some SBs.

Next week 3 home v CIN and 4 at COL, only 1 lefty on the docket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Really deep leagues that could use a MI might take a look towards new MIL starting 2B Jace Peterson. Can def deliver some SBs.

Next week 3 home v CIN and 4 at COL, only 1 lefty on the docket.

Yahoo! wrote an article advising picking up basically any Milwaukee hitter available for their upcoming slate, and I would agree with that. I came to add Vogelbach's name to the list, he's currently riding a 7-game hit streak since Hiura's demotion with 3 HRs, 7 Rs, 5 RBI in that span, and he also is drawing walks again, making him a sneaky nice play in deeper OBP leagues. He hit 31 HRs in Seattle just 2 years ago, and now he's in a hitters park. Might not be a short term grab depending on your league.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amed Rosario has been hitting well of late and stealing bases. Eligible at SS/OF and hits the occasional bomb. Batting 2nd in Cleveland batting order daily. Might be time to pounce!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...