Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cooper Kupp 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

ooooh, baby ... hey, knock Goof all ya want, but he loved him sum Kupp - until it runneth over (see whut i did thar?)

i dig this cat's chops, no doubt ... but who's to say he develops that same kismet with (the once very chubby) kid Stafford? 

methinks you aim a tad too high, mate ... but i lurve the flag plant. 

🎳

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tonycpsu changed the title to Cooper Kupp 2021 Outlook
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Kupp has an NFL QB for the first time in his career.

106/1325/12

Book it. 

I agree, as long as he has 2021 and 2022 added together to get to those numbers.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Kupp has an NFL QB for the first time in his career.

106/1325/12

Book it. 

I wouldnt be surprised. Megatron W.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ooooh, baby ... hey, knock Goof all ya want, but he loved him sum Kupp - until it runneth over (see whut i did thar?)

i dig this cat's chops, no doubt ... but who's to say he develops that same kismet with (the once very chubby) kid Stafford? 

methinks you aim a tad too high, mate ... but i lurve the flag plant. 

🎳

Can't find the exact quote, but heard Stafford on an interview asked about his new WRs and he said something to the effect of, "I'm really excited to be throwing the ball to Cooper and the rest of these guys".  

You can say I'm reaching, but Kupp is the one, and it isn't close (sorry Bobby Trees fans). Goff threw to him a ton because he's the best WR on the team and he constantly gets open. 

We're about to see what happens when a competent QB pairs with a WR who is always open. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Can't find the exact quote, but heard Stafford on an interview asked about his new WRs and he said something to the effect of, "I'm really excited to be throwing the ball to Cooper and the rest of these guys".  

You can say I'm reaching, but Kupp is the one, and it isn't close (sorry Bobby Trees fans). Goff threw to him a ton because he's the best WR on the team and he constantly gets open. 

We're about to see what happens when a competent QB pairs with a WR who is always open. 

flipside of this, of course, is that Goof grew so exceeedingly bad at grasping the intricacies of dër wünderkind McVay's offense (especially after the Hoodie/Patricia undtessing down in N'awlins) that he relied on ol' Loving Kupp too, too much as his safety blanket. 

ya know, like that incel Linus. 

so this lofty projection of ypurs could just be ... Peanutz. 

the (once chubby) kid Stafford even looks like Peppermint Patti ... 

awwt.gif

 

aaannnd away we go 🛀

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

flipside of this, of course, is that Goof grew so exceeedingly bad at grasping the intricacies of dër wünderkind McVay's offense (especially after the Hoodie/Patricia undtessing down in N'awlins) that he relied on ol' Loving Kupp too, too much as his safety blanket. 

ya know, like that incel Linus. 

so this lofty projection of ypurs could just be ... Peanutz. 

the (once chubby) kid Stafford even looks like Peppermint Patti ... 

awwt.gif

 

aaannnd away we go 🛀

 

Relied on him a lot with terrible targets. Either missed him completely, or made him break stride to adjust to make the catch. 

Also, my projection is pretty close to Kupp's average production. Dude catches 90 plus balls and is near the league lead in red zone usage every year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ChrisChinMcCaffrey said:

How does cupp benefit from Stafford. Goff loved cupp. People will just realize Stafford is what he is now matter what team he is on.

Woods had more targets than Kupp last year. Goff threw to both guys a lot. He was just absolutely terrible. 

Stafford isn't Tom Brady, but he's a HUGE upgrade over Goff.

Edited by ajs723
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Kupp has an NFL QB for the first time in his career.

106/1325/12

Book it. 

I guess this bit of news doesn't concern you at all then?

  • Speaking Wednesday, Cooper Kupp said "my knee is doing really well."

    Kupp was sidelined for Week 17 with a case of bursitis he played through the entire season before suiting up for the Wild Card Round. He then missed the Divisional Round with a different knee injury. "Basically a de-gloving of the tissues beneath my skin," is how Kupp described it. "It wasn't bursitis. I dealt with bursitis earlier that year, but I was playing through that just fine." This is supposed to be good news, but it is obviously far from ideal that knee ailments seem to be piling up for the 28-year-old, who missed much of 2018 with a torn ACL. Kupp is typically going on the WR2/3 borderline in spring drafts. That feels like the appropriate spot for the fall with Matthew Stafford replacing Jared Goff. 

    Jun 3, 2021, 3:26 PM ET
     
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

I guess this bit of news doesn't concern you at all then?

  • Speaking Wednesday, Cooper Kupp said "my knee is doing really well."

    Kupp was sidelined for Week 17 with a case of bursitis he played through the entire season before suiting up for the Wild Card Round. He then missed the Divisional Round with a different knee injury. "Basically a de-gloving of the tissues beneath my skin," is how Kupp described it. "It wasn't bursitis. I dealt with bursitis earlier that year, but I was playing through that just fine." This is supposed to be good news, but it is obviously far from ideal that knee ailments seem to be piling up for the 28-year-old, who missed much of 2018 with a torn ACL. Kupp is typically going on the WR2/3 borderline in spring drafts. That feels like the appropriate spot for the fall with Matthew Stafford replacing Jared Goff. 

    Jun 3, 2021, 3:26 PM ET
     

Sounds like he's fully recovered. I've seen video of him at OTAs and he looks 100%. It's noteworthy, but I don't think it's going to limit him as is.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Kupp has struck up a relationship with Stafford since their families had dinner... 

Kupp: 'Chemistry, whether you’re talking about playing on the field and how you’re seeing defenses or being able to sit down & have dinner, I feel like that stuff kind of plays into each other.'"

Best buds. Say it with me, WR1.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to target Kupp and take the chance that he can come close to his 2019 career best season (94/1161/10).  I'll echo the statement of others that Stafford's much better QB than Goff.  The QB upgrade is worth something to me.  His ADP at WR20 (overall pick 52) is very reasonable given the decent chance that he can deliver another top 10 fantasy WR season.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2021 at 2:40 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

I agree, as long as he has 2021 and 2022 added together to get to those numbers.

He may need half of 2023 as well. Stafford is better than Goff, but he and Goff were also like best buddies. He’s more like a WR3 if he’s not scoring double digit tds. And we know how easy those are to predict. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, JoeJoe88 said:

He may need half of 2023 as well. Stafford is better than Goff, but he and Goff were also like best buddies. He’s more like a WR3 if he’s not scoring double digit tds. And we know how easy those are to predict. 

Well, that's not entirely true. He was on pace for 80-1132 in an injury shortened 2018...put up 94-1161 in 2019. WR3s aren't putting up those numbers. Give him just 6-7 TDs with those numbers, and he's an upper-tier WR2 in half PPR. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2019 seems to be more of an outlier than anything else thus far in his career. I suppose if you want to draft him on that one year go ahead but I'll pass. I would say he is a fairly safe pick but not too fond of a guy that almost seems to be destined for like 90/1100/6 if everything goes right and might give you 80/800/3.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

2019 seems to be more of an outlier than anything else thus far in his career. I suppose if you want to draft him on that one year go ahead but I'll pass. I would say he is a fairly safe pick but not too fond of a guy that almost seems to be destined for like 90/1100/6 if everything goes right and might give you 80/800/3.  

If you try to look at objectively, 2017 rookie season only started a handful of games, 2018 on basically same pace as 2019 for 1/2 a season then got injured, 2019 big season, 2020 caught 94 receptions with big drop off in TDs, although still received decent amount of RZ targets.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

2019 seems to be more of an outlier than anything else thus far in his career. I suppose if you want to draft him on that one year go ahead but I'll pass. I would say he is a fairly safe pick but not too fond of a guy that almost seems to be destined for like 90/1100/6 if everything goes right and might give you 80/800/3.  

He was on pace to do basically the same in 2018 before he was injured. The year before that he was a rookie. I'm not stumping for Kupp or anything, but I wouldn't call 2019 the outlier. Even in the underwhelming 2020 season, he caught 92 passes. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe Mama said:

If you try to look at objectively, 2017 rookie season only started a handful of games, 

And he was already top 5 in RZ targets. Think about that. Adams, Allen, Brown, Landry, Kupp. That was his rookie year. 

In 2018, he had 12 RZ in just half a season, which put him on pace to be top 5 again.  

In 2019, he was 9th in RZ targets. 

In 2020, he was 21st in RZ targets, and had just 2 TDs. Oh, and his QB couldn't throw a football to save his life. 

Guys, where is the outlier. I can't figure it out. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really did not like Goff at all but he was not the problem for Kupp. He tried to target him as much as possible. It was McVay and his horrendous play calling. He used Kupp for blocking nearly entire second half. As much as i love Stafford i believe McVay wilk find a way to screw this up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Martinlongbow said:

I really did not like Goff at all but he was not the problem for Kupp. He tried to target him as much as possible. It was McVay and his horrendous play calling. He used Kupp for blocking nearly entire second half. As much as i love Stafford i believe McVay wilk find a way to screw this up

He ran over 30 routes a game every game except weeks 2, 5, and 14 last year. Goff didn’t have 30 pass attempts in weeks 2 or 14.

Goff had 555 pass attempts and Kupp had 505 routes ran. That’s 90% of all pass attempts kupp is running routes. Idk if you can ask for much more 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

He ran over 30 routes a game every game except weeks 2, 5, and 14 last year. Goff didn’t have 30 pass attempts in weeks 2 or 14.

Goff had 555 pass attempts and Kupp had 505 routes ran. That’s 90% of all pass attempts kupp is running routes. Idk if you can ask for much more 

Love him this year. Draft with confidence and hope for health.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...