Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

I have 5th overall pick in the rookie draft coming up, need help on who to take. I'm going off the assumption that Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance will be gone in the top 3. No idea how the next pick will go. But essentially I'm deciding between Pitts, Jones and Fields. I was leaning Pitts the whole time, but have possibly started leaning QB.

 

Who would you take if all 3 were available? I have Wentz as QB and Engram as my starting positions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hart1331 said:

But essentially I'm deciding between Pitts, Jones and Fields. I was leaning Pitts the whole time, but have possibly started leaning QB.

Without knowing your format and your team lineup it's hard to say anything here. Given that you expect the QBs to go this high I assume you're playing 2QB/SF.

QBs: Even in 2QB/SF I probably wouldn't take Fields/Jones at #5, but if you feel you must (and you have Wentz as first QB so it seems you are in MAJOR trouble there), then I guess you have to roll the dice. Jones has the better landing spot, Fields probably has the higher upside. (If you don't play 2QB, then I don't see the need to pick a QB so early and there should be plenty on the wire)

RB: you don't mention this at all, but Najee Harris and Javonte Williams are going to be exciting new RBs in their offenses. These are most likely safe picks. People also like Travis Etienne (generally over WIlliams) but I have some red flags on him.

WR: Everybody has Chase as #1 WR; I'm personally a huge fan of Davonte Smith. Waddle probably also needs to be in the #5 discussion.

TE: Pitts is definitely a very exciting prospect, but TE is a huge gamble to me. Can't fault you much for taking him at #5 but just buyer beware.

Hope this helps a bit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Without knowing your format and your team lineup it's hard to say anything here. Given that you expect the QBs to go this high I assume you're playing 2QB/SF.

QBs: Even in 2QB/SF I probably wouldn't take Fields/Jones at #5, but if you feel you must (and you have Wentz as first QB so it seems you are in MAJOR trouble there), then I guess you have to roll the dice. Jones has the better landing spot, Fields probably has the higher upside. (If you don't play 2QB, then I don't see the need to pick a QB so early and there should be plenty on the wire)

RB: you don't mention this at all, but Najee Harris and Javonte Williams are going to be exciting new RBs in their offenses. These are most likely safe picks. People also like Travis Etienne (generally over WIlliams) but I have some red flags on him.

WR: Everybody has Chase as #1 WR; I'm personally a huge fan of Davonte Smith. Waddle probably also needs to be in the #5 discussion.

TE: Pitts is definitely a very exciting prospect, but TE is a huge gamble to me. Can't fault you much for taking him at #5 but just buyer beware.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sorry, its a one qb, 2 rb, and 4 wr/te. Currently have Wentz at QB, Kamara and Ronald Jones at RB. Which is why I didnt really include RBs

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hart1331 said:

Sorry, its a one qb, 2 rb, and 4 wr/te. Currently have Wentz at QB, Kamara and Ronald Jones at RB. Which is why I didnt really include RBs

Then I think the draft would usually go: 1-3) Harris, Chase, Pitts (in some order)

The next 5 are probably going to be Etienne/Waddle/Smith/Williams/Lawrence. Rank those 5 for your team and see what they can bring you. Good luck :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been doing A LOT of mocks for a 1 QB rookie draft. A top-three of Harris/Chase/Pitts is coming up about 2/3 of the time. You better know YOUR league, but just throwing that out there.  And I think Boudewijn’s list of the next five is probably pretty close based on what I’m seeing. 
 

If you really think your choices will be Pitts, Jones and Fields, then I’d go with Pitts with very little hesitation. 
 

Return the favor?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...