NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Your Favorite Sleepers for 2021?

26 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Could you guys maybe discuss the vaccines and covid elsewhere? I love the yearly sleeper thread and don’t want to see it get locked. Thanks 

Fair enough. Moving on...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Vaccine isn't quite 100% effective. But more importantly, not everyone is vaccinated. So being unvaccinated and not following protocols literally means you might kill someone.

I'm not saying people should be held down and forcibly vaccinated, I'm just saying if you're going to be irresponsible enough to not get the vaccine, then of course you have to follow protocols. Neither Beasley, nor anyone else, has any grounds to complain about that. 

So people shouldn't drive either cause they may kill someone?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hard1 said:

So people shouldn't drive either cause they may kill someone?

The analogy would be:

Mechanics offer a free upgrade that makes it virtually impossible for you to be involved in a fatal crash. You refuse to get the upgrade. The law says fine, but you have to follow safety protocols and drive in the slow lanes only.  You say you're being unfairly persecuted.

But as others said, this is NOT the place for such discussions. I was merely clearing things up in regards to Beasley's fantasy value. He isn't going to be forced to retire. He'll still be a solid, under the radar, PPR WR3.

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

The analogy would be:

Mechanics offer a free upgrade that makes it virtually impossible for you to be involved in a fatal crash. You refuse to get the upgrade. The law says fine, but you have to follow safety protocols and drive in the slow lanes only.  You say you're being unfairly persecuted.

.... ok, then - i'll bite

vast majority of "fatal crashes" involve older folks who suffer from comorbidities, or who are overweight (which, in and of itself, is a comorbidity).

30ish year old athletes, in peak physical condition, suffer zero fatalities - and the "free upgrade" has absolutely ZERO legs behind it in regards to research in respect to long term damage to your engine.

HTH. 

☎️

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

.... ok, then - i'll bite

vast majority of "fatal crashes" involve older folks who suffer from comorbidities, or who are overweight (which, in and of itself, is a comorbidity).

30ish year old athletes, in peak physical condition, suffer zero fatalities - and the "free upgrade" has absolutely ZERO legs behind it in regards to research in respect to long term damage to your engine.

HTH. 

☎️

Let's not. Save this for Facebook. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Let's not. Save this for Facebook. 

aysfkm?

you started it, jack booting in lockstep with dër groupspeak, correct?

dismissing differing opinions as FB fodder? 😅

guess you're just following the handbook's guidelines ... get a grip, son 😅

• Like 4

Unpopular sleeper. This RB averaged over 16 fantasy points per game in 11 healthy games last year (high end RB2). He's locked in as his team's starter.

He will not be drafted as a top 30 RB this year.

Edited by ajs723

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Unpopular sleeper. This RB averaged over 16 fantasy points per game in 11 healthy games last year (high end RB2). He's locked in as his team's starter.

James "Covid19" Conner?

I like the Colts 4th round TE Kylen Granson. More for dynasty purposes, but he's a good later round dart throw in any format. He was targeted specifically to play that move TE role, which could become quite valuable in Reich's offense.

Edited by pikerbkb
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Nope and nope. 

This dude has been left for dead. 

David Johnson? I assume he’s locked in as the starter, but I’m not sure on that. 

Edited by jcedwards
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ajs723 said:

This sounds like James Robinson, who was largely productive last year but whose shine has come off with the drafting of Travis Etienne.