• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something I never thought I would type.. Yordan with the combo meal lol

Go Framber

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31127060/mlb-memo-warns-teams-crackdown-use-foreign-substances-baseballs%3fplatform=amp

Funny when Cole gives up 5 runs you don't hear anything but anytime Bieber does all the Cole fan girls come in screaming about how bad he is, idk what's wrong with some of you. And the two run homerun to fraley came right after a missed strike three call but nobody seems to mention that, seems like quite the agenda 🤔

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Some guy named JOSE GODOY has owned Beebs today

🤣🤣

Godoy notably made his debut earlier this year as the 20,000th player in MLB history and now owns Bieber as well

25 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

TEOSCAR HERNANDEZ IS THAT DUDE

Saw a stat during a Jays game earlier this season that showed his and Grichuk's stats over the past 162 at the time, and Teoscar had hit like 44 HRs and Grichuk had 38...both guys are big power bats still flying under the radar

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Like 1

Feeling SO good over having just traded for Bieber….<_<

Edited by Bandito
19 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Bieber’s spin rate way down today. Probably another spider tack guy. Thanks again MLB for changing the rules mid season.

...would it have helped if they changed them before you drafted?

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yes, of course. I wouldn’t have drafted a starting pitcher in the first 3 rounds, especially guys that have seen unusual increases in spin rates over the last few years.

And, I have no issue with them trying to ban pitchers from illegal substances, my issue is with them doing so in the middle of the season.

Edited by meh2
5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Do you know how much research there would have been done from fantasy analysts trying to identify which pitchers were most likely using illegal substances? It would’ve been the most commonly written article and I feel we would’ve had a pretty good idea which pitchers to downgrade in our rankings.

25 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Bieber’s spin rate way down today. Probably another spider tack guy. Thanks again MLB for changing the rules mid season.

Next few weeks should be intresting  to see how pitchers ajust. But you are right changing rules Mid season is BS. 

4 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Do you know how much research there would have been done from fantasy analysts trying to identify which pitchers were most likely using illegal substances? It would’ve been the most commonly written article and I feel we would’ve had a pretty good idea which pitchers to downgrade in our rankings.

Well, there were signs this was coming dating back to the spring.  And I don’t recall seeing any due diligence from so-called “analysts” identifying players most likely to be affected and shifting rankings accordingly.  I still don’t think it’s possible to know with certainty which pitchers are/were offenders, with some notable exceptions.

12 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Yes, of course. I wouldn’t have drafted a starting pitcher in the first 3 rounds, especially guys that have seen unusual increases in spin rates over the last few years.

And, I have no issue with them trying to ban pitchers from illegal substances, my issue is with them doing so in the middle of the season.

But they really didn’t do it in the middle of the season.

And Rodon's no hitter comes to an end due to a missed strike three call that really wasnt that close. Ridiculous how much the mlb continues to let umpires influence games

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Well, there were signs this was coming dating back to the spring.  And I don’t recall seeing any due diligence from so-called “analysts” identifying players most likely to be affected and shifting rankings accordingly.  I still don’t think it’s possible to know with certainty which pitchers are/were offenders, with some notable exceptions.

Haha, right. Show me one article warning that a crackdown on pitchers using illegal substances was coming this season.

And, yes, we might not have been able to identify everyone but I think we’d be able to identify some of the very obvious ones.

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

But they really didn’t do it in the middle of the season.

Fine. Through 40% of the season. Does that make it any different?

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Haha, right. Show me one article warning that a crackdown on pitchers using illegal substances was coming this season.

And, yes, we might not have been able to identify everyone but I think we’d be able to identify some of the very obvious ones.

“The league issued a memo to teams in the spring that umpires would be more aggressive in enforcing rules against the use of foreign substances. Nothing much came of that, however, and the league had to re-signal last week that it would crack down on offenders through random checks and spin-rate analysis.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-foreign-substance-crack-down-six-things-to-know-about-baseballs-sticky-situation/amp/

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Fine. Through 40% of the season. Does that make it any different?

You’re missing my point - it was known ahead of the season that they would start enforcing the rule more vigorously 

• Like 1

Haase busts up Rodon's no hit bid with a double in the 7th; stat lists this as the 24th time this season that a pitcher has taken a no-hit bid through 6 innings, Rodon being the first to do it twice. I'm going to randomly predict 11 is the final number of hitters, with 1 on the final day.