NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Haase busts up Rodon's no hit bid with a double in the 7th; stat lists this as the 24th time this season that a pitcher has taken a no-hit bid through 6 innings, Rodon being the first to do it twice. I'm going to randomly predict 11 is the final number of hitters, with 1 on the final day.

Of no- or some-hitters?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something I never thought I would type.. Yordan with the combo meal lol

Go Framber

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31127060/mlb-memo-warns-teams-crackdown-use-foreign-substances-baseballs%3fplatform=amp

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

“The league issued a memo to teams in the spring that umpires would be more aggressive in enforcing rules against the use of foreign substances. Nothing much came of that, however, and the league had to re-signal last week that it would crack down on offenders through random checks and spin-rate analysis.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-foreign-substance-crack-down-six-things-to-know-about-baseballs-sticky-situation/amp/

You pulled an article dated June 10th.

Just now, meh2 said:

You pulled an article dated June 10th.

The date of the article’s publication is irrelevant - seriously, meh2, trust me - this came to light during ST

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

The date of the article’s publication is irrelevant - seriously, meh2, trust me - this came to light during ST

👌 

12 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

why acuna out?

Allegedly pectoral discomfort. Some chatter of him being benched for not directing the runner from 3rd on his slide to the plate as he was the man on deck.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Now that’s a valid article. Wish I would’ve seen it and technically I had already finished all my drafts so I’m still irritated!

Yeah it was fairly late - and I’m sure drafts occurred beforehand.  It sticks out in my memory because some Cole emails were unearthed asking for “sticky stuff.”  But I don’t recall any effort made by the analytical community to address it in any fashion.

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

They left him in the get slaughtered lol

And now he gets to pack his bags tonight for his new home

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Well, there were signs this was coming dating back to the spring.  And I don’t recall seeing any due diligence from so-called “analysts” identifying players most likely to be affected and shifting rankings accordingly.  I still don’t think it’s possible to know with certainty which pitchers are/were offenders, with some notable exceptions.

The memo was sent to the clubs March 25th. MLB needed time to gather data and collect baseballs. MLB knows pretty much who the offenders have been.

Think I read somewhere that a pitcher can get a 10 game suspension if caught.

• Thanks 1

Watching Oakland game and they were discussing the tacky stuff. Since the latest announcement batting averages have gone from .231 to .245 (small sample size though).

• Like 1

Duplantier-bud- maybe the majors just isn’t the right fit for you 

I could be off-base (pun) but it feels like every week on Sun night baseball we are seeing the same damn teams. Cubs, Cards, Braves, Yanks, Saux etc, etc...I know ESPN is mostly garbage, but it would be nice to showcase a few other teams, no?

• Like 1