NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I could be off-base (pun) but it feels like every week on Sun night baseball we are seeing the same damn teams. Cubs, Cards, Braves, Yanks, Saux etc, etc...I know ESPN is mostly garbage, but it would be nice to showcase a few other teams, no?

Got the cards and Braves next week followed in 2 weeks with Cubs and dodgers..ūü§£ūü§£

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something I never thought I would type.. Yordan with the combo meal lol

Go Framber

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31127060/mlb-memo-warns-teams-crackdown-use-foreign-substances-baseballs%3fplatform=amp

24 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I could be off-base (pun) but it feels like every week on Sun night baseball we are seeing the same damn teams. Cubs, Cards, Braves, Yanks, Saux etc, etc...I know ESPN is mostly garbage, but it would be nice to showcase a few other teams, no?

This is true but on this rare occasion I can't fault ESPN for something they do. Cubs/Cards is one of the more popular/classic rivalries and the other teams you mention also have their own rivalries (including with each other in some cases) that simply move the needle ratings-wise more than seeing Rays/Stros for instance - which I would really like to see on Sunday night. SNB is trying to catch the "tertiary fan" that tends to watch the well-known rivalries and nothing else, pretending it's still the mid-70s. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

This is true but on this rare occasion I can't fault ESPN for something they do. Cubs/Cards is one of the more popular/classic rivalries and the other teams you mention also have their own rivalries (including with each other in some cases) that simply move the needle ratings-wise more than seeing Rays/Stros for instance - which I would really like to see on Sunday night. SNB is trying to catch the "tertiary fan" that tends to watch the well-known rivalries and nothing else, pretending it's still the mid-70s. 

And larger markets for ratings 

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

And larger markets for ratings 

Yep - and that kind of completes the circle because the larger markets have been established longer and had the chance to establish these rivalries. There's a lot of history with all these clubs, of course repeatedly regurgitated by ESPN "broadcasters" over the live action.

1 minute ago, TribeFoo said:

Any time ESPN is not ranking quarterbacks for 18 hours a day should be celebrated.

Mel Kiper Jr. blocked you

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It would be nice. As a Royals fan, I wouldn’t mind getting to see them. Problem is, I think I’m the only one who actually wants to watch them. :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Bandito said:

It would be nice. As a Royals fan, I wouldn’t mind getting to see them. Problem is, I think I’m the only one who actually wants to watch them. :ph34r:

I would.

It is more odd for me, as I have the extra inning package from DirecTV, so I see a lot of different teams (w/local feeds)...but even for big fans, I am sure to be in the minority. I think for MLB to grow more it is important to sway for the same teams and promote fun players on other teams some too. I would like to see more 'island' games for the Rays, Jays, W-Sox, Brewers, Pads...even the Reds. Those games bring excitement to the teams and fan bases playing, even if semi-marginally.

9 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Nope. I'd love to see the Royals, Tigers, Marlins even though not a fan. 

NFL has avoided this problem by adding the Thursday Night franchise to their inventory. They get to keep the ratings best-bet on Mondays in prime time while also featuring some of the lesser-televised teams on Thursdays.

Of course in all honesty I think the % of NFL Thursday night games actually worth watching is <10. Every now and then - but mostly not in comparison.

I might actually consider watching football on TV again (it's been about 15 years now) if they would pull the motherf***ing camera back so I could actually see all of the players play the game.

It's unbelievably infuriating to live in an era of affordable 75+ inch TV sets and networks zoom in on the QB and O-line like we're all huddled around 19 inch CRT televisions.  It's impossible to actually have a meaningful football viewing experience when you literally can't see what half the players are doing.

Edited by Overlord
36 minutes ago, Overlord said:

I might actually consider watching football on TV again (it's been about 15 years now) if they would pull the motherf***ing camera back so I could actually see all of the players play the game.

It's unbelievably infuriating to live in an era of affordable 75+ inch TV sets and networks zoom in on the QB and O-line like we're all huddled around 19 inch CRT televisions.  It's impossible to actually have a meaningful football viewing experience when you literally can't see what half the players are doing.

You need the all-22 my guy ;)

2 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Got the cards and Braves next week followed in 2 weeks with Cubs and dodgers..ūü§£ūü§£

If you go back 7-8 yrs of espn sunday baseball you will find that they very rarly  show a Game that dont involve either the Dodgers Yankees Mets Red sox Cubs or Cards, Chicago NY LA Boston 4 big market cities  .  Its always Card Cubs, Dodgers Giants, Yankees Red sox, Mets Braves, something like that. I like to see MLB and ESPN try something like they do on the NFL were every team must play at least 1 Sunday or MON night prime game a season . Boston and NY play each other 3 or 4 times Sunday night every yr

Edited by mks
1 hour ago, Overlord said:

I want it live, not downloadable later.

**Unless they changed it. 

agreed

i’d have no problem paying for that

i love watching the SEC on cbs games with live all-22

• Like 1