NBC Sports Edge Forums

I honestly like Wisdom more. He hit another last night... at a certain point, you have to acknowledge the power is for real and he is going to hit home runs and drive in runs (if that's what you're after).

Chances of Kris Bryant being traded are still incredibly high. I feel like the Cubs are conditioning their fans to enjoy Wisdom and make the sting of losing Bryant (inevitably) less harsh. Which isn't going to work, but this is the Ricketts family we're talking about. They are a-holes who do not care about the fanbase...Cubs will sign Javy and likely trade Bryant, and let Rizzo walk for a comp. pick. There's going to be room for Wisdom in the second-half, is my point.

I also don't believe Wisdom is sent down when Duffy and Hoerner get back, because Alcantara has that coveted "4th year" option, and they can simply DFA Sogard when the time comes. Wisdom's defense is also legit, a main reason he has been out there most nights even when Bryant and the rest of the crew are in the lineup. He plays great at 3B...

And who knows about Andujar in left... it may not even work out. I don't know how he's doing, so I can't really comment. What I can say is Wisdom has 9 home runs to Andujar's 5 in probably 60 less PA. I know people say not to chase the hot bat, but why not? When the hot bat has a good chance to stick in the lineup nearly full-time, why not see how long he can keep this going?

Just not a big Andujar guy... I've loved what Wisdom has done since he came up. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, nlm said:

I honestly like Wisdom more. He hit another last night... at a certain point, you have to acknowledge the power is for real and he is going to hit home runs and drive in runs (if that's what you're after).

Chances of Kris Bryant being traded are still incredibly high. I feel like the Cubs are conditioning their fans to enjoy Wisdom and make the sting of losing Bryant (inevitably) less harsh. Which isn't going to work, but this is the Ricketts family we're talking about. They are a-holes who do not care about the fanbase...Cubs will sign Javy and likely trade Bryant, and let Rizzo walk for a comp. pick. There's going to be room for Wisdom in the second-half, is my point.

I also don't believe Wisdom is sent down when Duffy and Hoerner get back, because Alcantara has that coveted "4th year" option, and they can simply DFA Sogard when the time comes. Wisdom's defense is also legit, a main reason he has been out there most nights even when Bryant and the rest of the crew are in the lineup. He plays great at 3B...

And who knows about Andujar in left... it may not even work out. I don't know how he's doing, so I can't really comment. What I can say is Wisdom has 9 home runs to Andujar's 5 in probably 60 less PA. I know people say not to chase the hot bat, but why not? When the hot bat has a good chance to stick in the lineup nearly full-time, why not see how long he can keep this going?

Just not a big Andujar guy... I've loved what Wisdom has done since he came up. 

Thanks. Andujar is inconsistent.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Strikeforce316 said:

I'd lean Wisdom just because at Wrigley Field they have that s---y fence/basket along the outfield wall that any random popup seems to fall into on a windy afternoon for a damn HR. 

Sure, everyone loves to spend an afternoon at Guaranteed Rate field with the downward pointing arrow. You can't sit there as a Sox fan and knock Wrigley, GTFO 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Strikeforce316 said:

I'd lean Wisdom just because at Wrigley Field they have that s---y fence/basket along the outfield wall that any random popup seems to fall into on a windy afternoon for a damn HR. 

Wrigley plays pitcher park most the time. Some years neutral.

Wisdom has 3 home hrs versus 6 road hrs btw