NBC Sports Edge Forums

12-Team H2H Categories 

I took a dice roll on Josh Bell in my draft and it hasn't paid off, so now I'm in dire need of any breathing human being with 1B eligibility.  

An opponent has Votto, LaMahieu, and Mancini, and I'm looking to make an offer.  My SP is strong, and I'm looking to move one of my lower guys--either Mize or Manoah.  

What's a good offer to make involving the players above?

And no, Rush, I'm not going to offer all of my MTs to acquire all three 1B.  

[...]

1. I think Votto is completely playing over his head right now. Great offense to be in, but I am not a believer. He's 37 and his last full season was very pedestrian.
2. One notable fact is the Tigers plan to cut Mize's innings down as the season goes on, so he would be a better piece to trade compared to Manoah, IMO.

I don't like any of those players, but if I had to pick one, it would be Mancini. And I would offer Mize.

Good luck!

Oh...also food for thought...Luke Voit is due back soon. Maybe try a buy-low? No clue if he produces like we've seen him produce before, but he could be a nice lotto ticket depending on who owns him in your league, if he is even owned, etc...

6 minutes ago, nlm said:

2. One notable fact is the Tigers plan to cut Mize's innings down as the season goes on, so he would be a better piece to trade compared to Manoah, IMO.

Yes!  Agreed.  He's who I'm most interested in moving because of this, but if the asking price is Manoah I'm willing to do it.  

The Voit owner doesn't have much 1B depth and is eagerly awaiting his return, so not much traction there.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TheGreatest42 said:

Yes!  Agreed.  He's who I'm most interested in moving because of this, but if the asking price is Manoah I'm willing to do it.  

The Voit owner doesn't have much 1B depth and is eagerly awaiting his return, so not much traction there.  

Who do you personally like the most out of those 3? I just feel like Votto is a bit washed at this point in his career.... I also don't like the Reds to stay in contention, and it wouldn't surprise me if a veteran Votto in a playoff race rested some. Especially if their outfield remains as crowded as it is. Something has to give there--someone has to be dealt, or possibly move to 1B. I could see Votto riding the pine off and on down the stretch if the Reds aren't doing much...

Mancini is definitely the guy I would target out of those three. LeMahieu doesn't feel the same as he has in past seasons...Votto is going to hit another wall, it's just a matter of when and if you have him from the waiver wire or for some freak reason you traded for him before he went on this heater, be happy and ride it out....but I am pretty firm on my projection that Votto won't even hit 20 HR this year.

Mancini is the safest bet, and if you have to give up Manoah, I would be OK with that. Try Mize first, though.

5 hours ago, nlm said:

Who do you personally like the most out of those 3? I just feel like Votto is a bit washed at this point in his career.... I also don't like the Reds to stay in contention, and it wouldn't surprise me if a veteran Votto in a playoff race rested some. Especially if their outfield remains as crowded as it is. Something has to give there--someone has to be dealt, or possibly move to 1B. I could see Votto riding the pine off and on down the stretch if the Reds aren't doing much...

Mancini is definitely the guy I would target out of those three. LeMahieu doesn't feel the same as he has in past seasons...Votto is going to hit another wall, it's just a matter of when and if you have him from the waiver wire or for some freak reason you traded for him before he went on this heater, be happy and ride it out....but I am pretty firm on my projection that Votto won't even hit 20 HR this year.

Mancini is the safest bet, and if you have to give up Manoah, I would be OK with that. Try Mize first, though.

My thoughts exactly

A little help

I would trust Lemahieu the most of the 3. Yes, hes been disappointing so far, but so has most of the Yankee lineup. As the weather heats up in NY so will the bats. Also Lemahieu hasnt been THAT bad, hes still on a pace for 85-90runs and, considering the mlb AVG is around .240, Lemahieus .265 is pretty good. Barring good health, it's still very realistic Lemahieu ends up with 100+ runs, 15ish HRs, 5ish SBs, and very good AVG/OBP. I'm sure more rbi opportunities will come too as the yankees offense starts playing better. Point is, of these 3, you easily paid the most for Lemahieu, and he should keep getting better as the season moves on. Btw, DJ has 4 straight multi hit games, for what that's worth.

Votto is next for me. Obviously his '18 and '19 seasons left a lot of folks worried, but we should realize that he was still getting on base at high clip (walked 184 times between the two seasons) and was playing in a baaadd reds lineup. Last year votto made strides to change his swing. He realized that trying to get on base and hit for contact, not only wasnt helping his team, but was bringing down his power numbers. So in making these adjustments Votto hit 11hrs last year, which would have put him on 30hr pace in a full season. Most of those HRs came in Sept, hitting 8hrs in about 28 games. Hes said to be continuing this approach this season, as he has 8hrs in 37 games. Right now, accounting for games missed, Votto is on pace for 28hrs and 102rbi in about 130ish games. So these changes in approach have caused a big increase in run production and slight dip in obp, but still having a respectable obp. Hitting behind obp machines in india, Castellanos, and winker is gonna give him TONS of rbi opportunities, while hitting in front moustakas and Suarez should allow him to score a bunch of runs too. Votto is one the best hitters of this generation, hes in arguably the best lineup of his career, and in a hitters park. With good health the production should be there.

Mancini, the biggest surprise of this group, is also probably the least trustworthy of the 3. Hes having an amazing season but it's hard to imagine he continues this production on a terrible team, also coming back from a serious illness. That said hes put up very nice numbers in the past and could be on mission to prove hes still got it. I'm just the most wary of him.

Overall, you really cant go wrong with any of them, but going forward id rank them Lemahieu, Votto, Mancini.

• Like 1