NBC Sports Edge Forums

31 minutes ago, mks said:

Giolito didn;t get a win cause he screwed up a 4-0 lead in the 4th gave up 2 and got his pitch count to high  to stay in 8 innings. totally 100% on giolito for a ND. If pitchers want the win then pitch deeper into the games that means finish it or at least hand it to the closer not some Pitcher named Bummer

I think I’ll reject this and stick with “to hell with the bullpen.”   

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MONDESI! JUST>>>STAY>>>HEALTHY! ...please 🤞

Nothing like dropping Minter (two earned runs) for Demarcus Evans (three earned runs) and then dropping Evans for Watson (six earned runs). Relief pitching has been a horror show this year.  

Damn if irvin had lasted one extra batter, he would be in line for the W.

But to be honest, he pitched pretty lousy against a s---y lineup. Does not deserve the win.

Might be time to put Tony Watson up for nomination in the Old Yeller thread. He got the all time record for holds earlier this year with the Angels, but this implosion is going to threaten his spot if he can't turn it around. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Idk how y’all tolerate leagues that do W’s. I did it one year and immediately switched to QS’s instead. 

In a league that counts both W and QS. Surprisingly this year I have more W(45) then QS(38). There are just to many times a pitcher goes 5.2 and gets the win anyway.

9 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

In a league that counts both W and QS. Surprisingly this year I have more W(45) then QS(38). There are just to many times a pitcher goes 5.2 and gets the win anyway.

Yeah I don’t mind as much if my pitcher goes 5.2 compared to my pitcher leaving the game up 5 runs and the bullpen blowing it. Way more frustrating. 

Nothing like dropping Minter (two earned runs) for Demarcus Evans (three earned runs) and then dropping Evans for Watson (six earned runs).

Relief pitching has been a horror show this year.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Overlord said:

Nothing like dropping Minter (two earned runs) for Demarcus Evans (three earned runs) and then dropping Evans for Watson (six earned runs).

I'm sorry this happened to you.

3 minutes ago, Overlord said:

They deserve relentless electrocution...

• Haha 1

Rockies have been pretty darn good at home - even more reason to avoid starting opposing pitchers there

Edited by BMcP
12 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Degrom doesn’t look right. His stuffs there but he looked off. They have the bullpen working now

Out of the game after 3. Such a shame that the goat pitching season is going to be derailed by injuries 

• Like 1

I really wish I knew why I’m still rostering Ian Happ. It’s June 16th and he still can’t clear the Mendoza line.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Cole just hasn't been the same. One K in 5 innings. Velocity is fine, but he isnt fooling the Jays. 

Spin rate is down again. Could we be looking at the Pittsburgh version of Cole for the rest of the season?

Just now, meh2 said:

Spin rate is down again. Could we be looking at the Pittsburgh version of Cole for the rest of the season?

I think so.  That’s exactly the version that Cole is without the spin.  Still potential to be an upper tier pitcher but maybe no longer tier 1.  

15 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I think so.  That’s exactly the version that Cole is without the spin.  Still potential to be an upper tier pitcher but maybe no longer tier 1.  

The Pittsburgh version sucked and couldn’t strike anyone out, so hopefully not.  I wouldn’t read much into his lack of K’s in this start because the Jays don’t strike out and the ump this game was terrible.  Plus he had an adequate number of K’s the last 2 starts without the sticky stuff