NBC Sports EDGE Forums

6/16 - GAME DAY THREAD

Would love to see deGrom take to social media and claim his injuries are due to no longer using the sticky substance. Really back MLB into a corner

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I think so.  That’s exactly the version that Cole is without the spin.  Still potential to be an upper tier pitcher but maybe no longer tier 1.  

4 hits, two earned runs allowed over eight innings in an away game against a tough Toronto offense. 2.25 ERA, 0.63 WHIP. Yeah, I'd definitely be concerned if I were a Cole owner. 😰

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, D3C4K said:

4 hits, two earned runs allowed over eight innings in an away game against a tough Toronto offense. 2.25 ERA, 0.63 WHIP. Yeah, I'd definitely be concerned if I were a Cole owner. 😰

I honestly just expected him to have a month of "struggles" i.e. looking slightly human and it being a story of his owners complaining about it. That was obviously before this sticky stuff happened, but you get what I mean, I just feel like people are spoiled by how good hes become that the first sign of trouble they're ready to panic. This guy is the top pitcher in MLB by a good margin with deGrom and Bieber down.

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Like 1

Just now, Richard Kimble said:

I honestly just expected him to have a month of "struggles" i.e. looking slightly human and it being a story of his owners complaining about it. That was obviously before this sticky stuff happened, but you get what I mean, I just feel like people are spoiled by how good he's become that the first sign of trouble they're ready to panic. This guy is the top pitcher in MLB by a good margin with deGrom and Bieber down.

Yeah man it's par for the course, message boards are for blowing off a little steam, but after what just happened to deGrom it's a bit eyebrow raising. Feel free to trade Cole for deGrom, Bieber, Bauer, Glasnow or Scherzer if you're unhappy with him. It's been a rough year, best to be thankful for what you've got at this point.

1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

Gut check time on Ober, is he going to show something or be a flop in the start a lot of people start paying attention to him?

I predict a flop....2 IP , 6 ER

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

I'm not normally into batter vs. pitcher numbers, but in a desperate search for a reason to start Rhys vs. Kershaw tonight, I thought I remembered him doing well against the future first ballot hall of famer, and indeed, Hoskins has a robust 1.458 OPS over 9 PAs,  Good time to break out of his 0 for 31 with a bang.

Good call, took him deep on a hanger in his first AB

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

I'm not normally into batter vs. pitcher numbers, but in a desperate search for a reason to start Rhys vs. Kershaw tonight, I thought I remembered him doing well against the future first ballot hall of famer, and indeed, Hoskins has a robust 1.458 OPS over 9 PAs,  Good time to break out of his 0 for 31 with a bang.

Talk about calling your shot!! 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Overlord said:

Nothing like dropping Minter (two earned runs) for Demarcus Evans (three earned runs) and then dropping Evans for Watson (six earned runs).

Relief pitching has been a horror show this year.  

Tell me you didn’t pick Minter back up for Watson

5 hours ago, mbc1999 said:

I think I’ll reject this and stick with “to hell with the bullpen.”   

aces finish games . Giolito ain;t no ace

40 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Talk about calling your shot!! 😂

I don't think I've ever made a prediction here, and after that, there's no way I'm risking my 1.000 career average.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I honestly just expected him to have a month of "struggles" i.e. looking slightly human and it being a story of his owners complaining about it. That was obviously before this sticky stuff happened, but you get what I mean, I just feel like people are spoiled by how good hes become that the first sign of trouble they're ready to panic. This guy is the top pitcher in MLB by a good margin with deGrom and Bieber down.

framber will be better  the cole ros

1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

Josh Donaldson left for Astudillo after scoring a run, anyone see what happened? 

Right calf tightness according to the announcers. Which he has had problems with the last couple of years.

Just now, Low and Away said:

Right calf tightness according to the announcers. Which he has had problems with the last couple of years.

I switched it on to see, thanks. I hope they IL him so we can see Nick Gordon play.