NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a series...took down the Nets with a huge comeback with both teams running on fumes and injured. Giannis stepped up big the last two games

Go Nola, Lopez and Manoah. https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Come on Bucks! OT!!

2 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Liking the start of the day for my team that has Lindor, Duvall and Marte....easy W on the way for Pablo Lopez too, although I hate to see it against my Cubs.

6/7; 6 runs, 4 hrs, 9 rbi, 2 SBs., .857

And even if you run into a 2/32 the rest of the day it will still be an ok day

3 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Oh no…Nola. What a horrific start. 

Just put it behind you and move on - happens to the best

I know this seems like a random question given the player isn't that interesting but why was Duggar pinch hit for after 1 AB?  I know Kapler is a tool but he really didn't take him out just to get Slater an AB against a lefty did he?

18 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Holy **** Cedric Mullins is a monster 

This is his fourth multi home run game of the season.  It's mid-June.

Neither one today was a wall-scraper, either -- both 10+ rows into the RF seats.

Buy high, people.  There are still a lot of doubters out there and maybe one of them is rostering him in your league.

• Like 1
Just now, tonycpsu said:

This is his fourth multi home run game of the season.  It's mid-June.

Neither one today was a wall-scraper, either -- both 10+ rows into the RF seats.

Buy high, people.

Everything looks legit as well. I could see his BABIP scaring people, but he’s a lefty and very fast so it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

First team owner of Aaron Nola. Not a fan.

This is my 2nd time. He sucked the first time too. Never again.

• Like 1
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

I could see his BABIP scaring people, but he’s a lefty and very fast so it makes sense. 

Someone made a convincing argument that this is actually not much of a factor -- that shifts against LHB end up erasing all of the advantage of being a bit closer, and that there really aren't that many bang-bang plays at first.  Without digging into each batted ball, it's hard to say.  But his plate skills in terms of BB% and K% look like a new level to me, and Statcast says he hasn't been lucky with the homers, either.  Waiting for BABIP to correct means giving up any arbitrage opportunity between his perceived value and what he's looking like in the numbers and by watching his ABs.

3 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Someone made a convincing argument that this is actually not much of a factor -- that shifts against LHB end up erasing all of the advantage of being a bit closer, and that there really aren't that many bang-bang plays at first.

That was me (quoting fangraphs analysis).

15 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

This is my 2nd time. He sucked the first time too. Never again.

He’s kind of got the Bret Saberhagen alternating good/bad years thing going on. I would definitely target him next season if he keeps struggling. Never pay the ace price though.

13 minutes ago, Overlord said:

That was me (quoting fangraphs analysis).

Cool.  I thought it was compelling evidence against the benefit of being an LHB, but I think the plate discipline improvements he's made at an age where hitters can make big improvements skills-wise justifies an aggressive investment.  YMMV.

6 hours ago, BMcP said:

Started a little over a week ago - obviously it has paid dividends thus far

22 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

Manoah is fragile

He was thrown out for “throwing at” a batter