NBC Sports Edge Forums

24 minutes ago, thatguy725 said:

You don't need him.

Right, just thought I'd see what people thought.  Hopefully Wander is up soon to give me some more depth.

I actually would look to make an upgrade at 3B with Biggio as your best option there; if I'm reading your team in sig correctly, you have Brujan and Franco eating up bench spots and as such have no additional substitutes on offense week to week? Because of this, I would try to get a backup 3B for Fried, in case of injury or in general one of the 2B cratering as the season wears on. There are going to be good streamers available in this league, so keep working to find some value for Fried as he's been pretty inconsistent, but focus on 3B as your main need. A note on the TB combo too-don't assign them any keeper value in your mind whatsoever, there is virtually no chance they will squeeze into your top 5, and viewing Franco as that mandatory 5th guy is a bad strategy in what is likely not a true dynasty format. Ultimately the duo may struggle to find their groove and PT when they make their eventual debut, so don't overlook someone who may potentially be out there now that is looking good ROS. 

18 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I actually would look to make an upgrade at 3B with Biggio as your best option there; if I'm reading your team in sig correctly, you have Brujan and Franco eating up bench spots and as such have no additional substitutes on offense week to week? Because of this, I would try to get a backup 3B for Fried, in case of injury or in general one of the 2B cratering as the season wears on. There are going to be good streamers available in this league, so keep working to find some value for Fried as he's been pretty inconsistent, but focus on 3B as your main need. A note on the TB combo too-don't assign them any keeper value in your mind whatsoever, there is virtually no chance they will squeeze into your top 5, and viewing Franco as that mandatory 5th guy is a bad strategy in what is likely not a true dynasty format. Ultimately the duo may struggle to find their groove and PT when they make their eventual debut, so don't overlook someone who may potentially be out there now that is looking good ROS. 

I have to update my sig.  I no longer have Brujan.  I do have Wander though.  I have 1 bench hitter, 1 NA, 2 IL (Segura/Robert).

I tried to get Jose Ramirez but he got plunked on the foot so I want to wait and see.  I do not know who else go to after.  Devers owner is a Sox fan so I'd have to way overpay.  As a 10 team league I'm looking to get an easy top 5 3B but gotta find a willing trade partner.  

The Torres owner has crap 3B so can't go there.  

Should I be looking to grab Arenado type guy for a solid SP like Fried?

4 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

I have to update my sig.  I no longer have Brujan.  I do have Wander though.  I have 1 bench hitter, 1 NA, 2 IL (Segura/Robert).

I tried to get Jose Ramirez but he got plunked on the foot so I want to wait and see.  I do not know who else go to after.  Devers owner is a Sox fan so I'd have to way overpay.  As a 10 team league I'm looking to get an easy top 5 3B but gotta find a willing trade partner.  

The Torres owner has crap 3B so can't go there.  

Should I be looking to grab Arenado type guy for a solid SP like Fried?

I'm getting tired but yes upgrading at 3b or any position in general isn't difficult, you have to just set your sights on someone underperforming that's likely undervalued by his managers...off the top of my head Yoan Moncada and Matt Chapman are good 3B buy lows at the moment, for different reasons, but you can figure out your strategy based best on the rosters/standings and who may need to roll the dice somewhere. There's probably a few teams with surplus 3B and plenty of players that would be a significant upgrade over Biggio.