NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Trout stunk when he first came up so no you can't assume a future superstar is going to be great from the get go.  This is baseball, the game of patience.  Not freaking football.

Let’s go  

Posted Images

• hailtoyourvictor changed the title to Wander Franco 2021 Season Outlook
  • Fuzzy_Slippers changed the title to Wander Franco 2021 Outlook
Just now, CardiacDO said:

Finally I have something to live for. Now let's get him 3B eligibility as soon as possible. 

I am also hoping for 3B considering my roster.  Happy to have him after a trade 1 month ago - can't imagine those who have held for a year or two in dynasty.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, billofwash said:

I drafted this guy but had to trade him for a couple of warm bodies to be able to field nine guys. This has been a fun year..........

I feel ya.  Earlier in the year I had 37% roster IL/DTD or NA

15 minutes ago, burty1 said:

Assuming immediate ABs and consistent playing time...Correct?

Would they bring him up if there wasn't?

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

I am also hoping for 3B considering my roster.  Happy to have him after a trade 1 month ago - can't imagine those who have held for a year or two in dynasty.

I'm hoping for C eligibility 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
21 minutes ago, burty1 said:

Assuming immediate ABs and consistent playing time...Correct?

Thoughts on adjustments to big league pitching?

Yeah, as much as the Rays love platooning, he’s a switch-hitter with an OPS over .900 from both sides in AAA. He might bounce between 3B and SS so they can platoon others though.

His statistical trajectory has mirrored Vlad Jr. so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s mediocre for a year or two. I’d be shocked if he struggled like Kelenic though, his hit tool is too good.

• Like 1

It’s finally here, I’ve waited for this day for years ever since he made his debut in 2018. Not expecting earth shattering #’s but I expect him to be offensively above league average right off the bat. This isn’t a Kelenic situation as Wander is a tier or two above him with the bat.

If this guy is truly a generational talent then he should put up around the same numbers as Soto Acuna Vladdy and Tatis have been putting up right away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well Trout stunk when he first came up so no you can't assume a future superstar is going to be great from the get go.  This is baseball, the game of patience.  Not freaking football.

A ROD played 146 games at age 20 had 215 Hits  57 doubles and 36 Homers scored 141 runs 123 RBIs  15 SBs and hit .358. Pro rate that over 80 games for Franco I expect it to be close if he is all they say he is. Trouts age 20 season he started hitting right away stole 49 bases that yr 30 Homers .326 was second in MVP voting so Trout did hit pretty much right away.

Edited by mks
7 minutes ago, mks said:

A ROD played 146 games at age 20 before he started roids I assume. 215 Hits  57 doubles and 36 Homers scored 141 runs 123 RBIs and hit .358. Pro rate that over 80 games for franco I expect it to be close.

You conveniently leave out that in his first two years of stints in the majors ARod hit 224 with a 609 OPS over 65 games... 5 HR, 7 SB... Before that age 20 season. He was not a rookie in 96 when he exploded, he hit rookie limit in 95.

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 9