NBC Sports Edge Forums

The worst thing possible for Wander Franco his first game up is for him to do something completely banal and forgettable like go 1-4 with a single and no counting stats.

For conversation about him to reach critical mass we need a tremendous outlier of a game ... gimme either the first five home run game in MLB history or a platinum sombrero.  

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Trout stunk when he first came up so no you can't assume a future superstar is going to be great from the get go.  This is baseball, the game of patience.  Not freaking football.

Let’s go  

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Overlord said:

... gimme either the first five home run game in MLB history or a platinum sombrero.  

Fair enough. YOU take the sombrero and I’LL take the homers. 

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Between Lowe, Walls, and Wendle, the one most likely to be replaced is Walls (who has been pretty decent), so I would think he actually will play mostly at SS.  My personal pointless preference is that he would get 2b elligibity and play there. If they can shift Lowe to the OF for Kiermaier or Phillips, I guess thats possible. Wendle has been offensively quite productive at 3b this year. 134 WRC+ is just under elite. 

Yeah if he was going to end up at 3rd they would not have traded Willy Adames.  But they did so I agree that SS will be where Wander will stop wandering at.  They shouldn't mess around with moving him around to different positions in the field right away too.  Coming up to the bigs as the #1 prospect in baseball with all eyes on him is pressure enough without having to play multi positions out of the gate.

Looking forward to watching him since he debuts against the Sox so I can see the games.

Wander is so darn exciting. He could be Jose Ramirez with a better batting average. But to put those expectations on a 20 year-old would be foolish. If he can return top 100 value ROS, I'd be happy. In dynasty/keeper settings, he's probably a top 10 asset. Can't wait for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, silianrail said:

2 triples, a run, a ribbie, and a stolen base off a HBP.

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

2-4, rbi, run, double

1 hour ago, killa3312 said:

3-4 with a double and sacrifice fly.

Not good enough for mks!

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Wander is so darn exciting. He could be Jose Ramirez with a better batting average. But to put those expectations on a 20 year-old would be foolish. If he can return top 100 value ROS, I'd be happy. In dynasty/keeper settings, he's probably a top 10 asset. Can't wait for tomorrow.

I would not say he’s a top 10 asset.  Top 30 maybe, but saying any prospect is top 10 seems crazy to me 

vlad, acuna, tattis, soto, bichette, trea devers, xander.... trout?  freeman 32?

then you got mookie, joram, story, harper, are towards the end of their primes late 20's and/or not running

depends how patient  you can be with wander but what hes done in the minors makes me think there is a very slim chance he is not a superstar.

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, cs3 said:

Not good enough for mks!

Nope 1st 5 homer game in history or he is a bust LOL. Hits 75 Homers this yr in 75 games breaks Bonds records.  Hes that good

59 minutes ago, kwelch said:

This is what RW is assuming for tonight's lineup. They are hit and miss with their projections.

X7XumYe.png

I'll take that over.

ROS projections:

.512 - 51 HR - 112 RBI - 35 SB

(also not really)

Edited by posty

It's his first season and first real taste. Not going to expect that he takes the world by storm right out of the gates.

But he's the future for TB, a guy who will likely give them .300 BA, 25 HR, 80 RBI, 15-20 SB every single season with good k/bb rates.

Tonight's projection: 2-for-4, 2-Run Double, 1 Walk

24 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Tonight's projection: 2-for-4, 2-Run Double, 1 Walk

Five at-bats for someone who is probably going to be hitting low in the order?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, posty said:

Five at-bats for someone who is probably going to be hitting low in the order?

Against BOS pitching that has been atrocious over the past couple weeks? I expect he'll probably be batting 5th or 6th. I'd be surprised if he were any lower than that, but knowing Kevin Cash....You NEVER really know haha.