NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Wander Franco 2021 Outlook

32 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Most impressive thing of his game today in these first 5 PAs has been his discipline. As advertised so far. I think in his first 3 PAs the only ball he swung out of the zone was the home run.

The Boston announcers were impressed not just by that but also by the really quick, compact swing that is lightning fast.

2 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

One guy already admitted on the GDT that he was watching live baseball for the first time in years just to see Wander, and the fact that people are watching each AB with interest is great for the game.

Which is why MLB needs to eliminate antiquated financial incentive rules to keep top prospects down longer (or in some cases much longer) than they need to be. Increased fan interest in the sport is good for all parties involved in the "business of baseball".

21 minutes ago, Dark One said:

Which is why MLB needs to eliminate antiquated financial incentive rules to keep top prospects down longer (or in some cases much longer) than they need to be. Increased fan interest in the sport is good for all parties involved in the "business of baseball".

The Tragedy of the Commons

11 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

One guy already admitted on the GDT that he was watching live baseball for the first time in years just to see Wander, and the fact that people are watching each AB with interest is great for the game. Add him to the ranks of Vlad, FTJ and Acuna as players who will have fans flocking to watch them play that would otherwise have no interest in baseball.

knowing kevin cash, he will be on the bench for today's game

Just realized I get to see this kid play here in Buffalo in early July, and now hoping for them to get Brujan up here in the next 10 days too. I'm marking the date on my calendar as "Wander v. Vlad Jr. Day" as the stars have aligned for an epic matchup on the 4th of July weekend. Super excited!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Just realized I get to see this kid play here in Buffalo in early July, and now hoping for them to get Brujan up here in the next 10 days too. I'm marking the date on my calendar as "Wander v. Vlad Jr. Day" as the stars have aligned for an epic matchup on the 4th of July weekend. Super excited!

I'm totally getting tickets too lol, I enjoyed the Bisons games with Vladdy (cheap tickets for AAA) so will gladly pay 100+ to see him AND Wander in the bigs

Enjoy the ride if you own him, wouldnt sell for anything outside top 30 bats tbh hah but I'm a Rays fan

10 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

I'm totally getting tickets too lol, I enjoyed the Bisons games with Vladdy (cheap tickets for AAA) so will gladly pay 100+ to see him AND Wander in the bigs

Enjoy the ride if you own him, wouldnt sell for anything outside top 30 bats tbh hah but I'm a Rays fan

FYI there's a flash sale today and tomorrow, I picked up some tickets to see them stomp the Orioles tomorrow. I'm going to Vent and Rant to complain about it now. 

• Like 1

No reason he shouldn’t tee off on Richards, he’s the exact type of pitcher Franco should hit well. Shows how much Cash thinks of him two games into his career batting third. Also speaks about the rest of the Rays lineup, lol, but that’s neither here nor there. I get the feeling he will be at SS for the foreseeable future unless Walls starts carrying his weight offensively.

I'm not sure if anyone saw it, I think it was his 2nd AB (first AB was a walk and scored on a Meadows bomb after)

Runner on 3rd, 2 outs, Wander Franco drives it right into the ground, complete roll over to the 2B worm killer

He then BUSTS it outta the box, 2B freaks out double clutches and makes a 4 foot throw straight into the dirt (1B was probably 10 feet away lol) and he is SAFE run scores

I love this dude

EDIT: Offered Corey Seager for him and was Denied, F my life

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

I'm not sure if anyone saw it, I think it was his 2nd AB (first AB was a walk and scored on a Meadows bomb after)

Runner on 3rd, 2 outs, Wander Franco drives it right into the ground, complete roll over to the 2B worm killer

He then BUSTS it outta the box, 2B freaks out double clutches and makes a 4 foot throw straight into the dirt (1B was probably 10 feet away lol) and he is SAFE run scores

I love this dude

I feel like for all rave reviews on his bat to ball skills, his intangibles go under the radar. He has a feel for the game and he hustles. Even in his first double in the first game his slide to second was fundamentally sound. He’s just solid at the very least all around and truly exceptional in some areas

• Like 1