NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Wander Franco 2021 Outlook

3 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

I'm not sure if anyone saw it, I think it was his 2nd AB (first AB was a walk and scored on a Meadows bomb after)

Runner on 3rd, 2 outs, Wander Franco drives it right into the ground, complete roll over to the 2B worm killer

He then BUSTS it outta the box, 2B freaks out double clutches and makes a 4 foot throw straight into the dirt (1B was probably 10 feet away lol) and he is SAFE run scores

I love this dude

EDIT: Offered Corey Seager for him and was Denied, F my life

I thought it should have been ruled a hit, tbh. Even a perfect throw might not have gotten him.

Edited by killa3312

6 minutes ago, killa3312 said:

I thought it should have been ruled a hit, tbh. Even a perfect throw might not have gotten him.

Come on man lol. I’m a Rays fan and have my Franco colored glasses on too, but that’s about as routine a play as there is. Kike double pumped because he didn’t have a grip out the glove, then because he saw Franco busting it down the line made a rushed throw with still no grip and it one hopped with no velocity behind it from about 15 feet away and franco barely beat it. If he doesn’t bobble it out the glove AND if he has a grip and makes a fundamental, strong throw he’s out by several lengths. I love my fantasy team too, but that’s the easiest E4 that scorekeeper will write.

9 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

First 3k game of his professional career. Not ideal.

He is having issues with high end velocity so far. Fangraphs made a notation of it that AAA pitchers only averaged 91 MPH at that level abs noted he might have an adjustment period. That’s why he needs to be up, though, so he can learn to adjust to it. Right now the book on him is going to be just pump high end fastballs in the zone and see if he can hit them.

Edited by killa3312
  • Like 1

I actually watched all 3 Redsox vs Ray games in from start to finish.  I usually just jump around and watch my players. The three games were great. It felt like October games and not June games. Couple that with your MLB debut. I think we see him get back in a big way. The moment felt even bigger then just a debut. 

• Like 1

Can’t buy a hit right now, but made solid contact in all 4 ABs, gotta figure the hits are coming soon. Even with the 3 K performance the other night, he still isn’t chasing bad pitches so it’s only a matter of time I feel like.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:54 PM, killa3312 said:

LOL which game were you watching? The at bat referenced in the post you quoted was a 100% completely obvious error. Nobody ever rules that a hit

1 minute ago, Call me Red said:

0/4 today. That first game got me too excited lol. Still expect a good season.

He hit a ball 109 mph in the first that was an out. His at bats are professional and he’s not expanding the zone. I think the hits will come.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:14 PM, killa3312 said:

Can’t buy a hit right now, but made solid contact in all 4 ABs, gotta figure the hits are coming soon. Even with the 3 K performance the other night, he still isn’t chasing bad pitches so it’s only a matter of time I feel like.

4 hours ago, 5catstud said:

He hit a ball 109 mph in the first that was an out. His at bats are professional and he’s not expanding the zone. I think the hits will come.

I haven’t been able to watch any of these games, but I appreciate the relaying of relevant information. I’ve been mildly concerned after boxscore scouting, but now I’m thinking/hoping it’s merely a few bad luck games. With such small sample sizes, it’s really tough to judge if you’re not able to see the ABs. 

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Wander "Jarred Kelenic" Franco?

Pls, don't lol

Kelenic had a hugh second game, than he started to hit hard a lot of balls in the defense hands, than the strikeouts came, than the demotion.

For those saying Wander has been unlucky so far, I did the research and here are the xBA over every single one of his major league outs

.000 (strikeout)

.700 (!)

.000 (strikeout)

.000 (strikeout)

.000 (strikeout)

.000 (strikeout)

.890 (!)

Average: .16411765

As a bonus, his home run only had an xba of .230, which means any bad luck from his hits so far is more than negated by this stroke of good luck

15 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

For those saying Wander has been unlucky so far, I did the research and here are the xBA over every single one of his major league outs

.000 (strikeout)

.700 (!)

.000 (strikeout)

.000 (strikeout)

.000 (strikeout)

.000 (strikeout)

.890 (!)

As a bonus, his home run only had an xba of .230, which means any bad luck from his hits so far is more than negated by this stroke of good luck

This deserves an award for the smallest of small sample sizes in which I’ve seen anyone cite batting average - expected or otherwise - as having any relevance for predicting future fantasy relevance, in all my years.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

This deserves an award for the smallest of small sample sizes in which I’ve seen anyone cite batting average - expected or otherwise - as having any relevance for predicting future fantasy relevance, in all my years.0

Please quote where I said that this was "relevant for predicting future fantasy relevance" (your words not mine).  Or, really, anything along the lines of how this is predictive of future success.  You can't (cause I didn't)

Edited by Fbaseballgod

2 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Please quote where I said that this was "relevant for predicting future fantasy relevance" (your words not mine)

This is a fantasy baseball forum - why bring it up if it has no predictive relevance?  It would be as if I mentioned the color of a player’s socks in the last three games of theirs.

Edited by BMcP

18 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

.000 (strikeout)

.700 (!)

.000 (strikeout)

.000 (strikeout)

.000 (strikeout)

.000 (strikeout)

.890 (!)

I care more about exit velocity than xBA. He's been crushing the ball just right at guys which typically has a pretty low xBA, the hits will come

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

This is a fantasy baseball forum - why bring it up if it has no predictive relevance?  It would be as if I mentioned the color of a player’s socks in the last three games of theirs.

I said why I brought it up in the first sentence of my post. "For those saying Wander has been unlucky so far."  My post was simply to demonstrate that he has, in fact, not gotten unlucky so far.  Nothing more, nothing less.