NBC Sports EDGE Forums

6/21 - GAME DAY THREAD

2 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

don't disagree but that padres team is pretty good too.  may be 1A and 1B 

I like Chip Caray too. So excitable. The Braves are the most exciting team in baseball. Just my 2 cents. 

5 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

I love those guys on the Padres broadcast - I have never seen someone have such a reversal of attitude from sad to happy as Orsillo - those guys have so much fun calling a game it’s contagious.

45 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Anything he can do to compensate for not calling the bottom part of the zone would be welcome!

It's sad we don't get to watch deGrom face off against Acuna to let the two HoF talents battle it out, but instead have to watch this epic matchup be tainted by some bozo who calls a strikezone based off whether they had a big breakfast and have to run to the bathroom soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

It's sad we don't get to watch deGrom face off against Acuna to let the two HoF talents battle it out, but instead have to watch this epic matchup be tainted by some bozo who calls a strikezone based off whether they had a big breakfast and have to run to the bathroom soon.

You do realize DeGrom lives at the bottom of the zone, and it has been unavailable for the whole game - right?

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

You do realize DeGrom lives at the bottom of the zone, and it has been unavailable for the whole game - right?

Yes. Which was kind of the point of my post you quoted. We should be able to watch deGrom and Acuna battle it out. The strike zone should be the strike zone and shouldn't be some wild card factor. Instead, we get to see these two battle it out, kind of but also not really as the umpire screws everyone involved because he's going to call what should be a very straightforward thing in whatever subjective manner he feels. deGrom, Acuna, and fans as a whole get screwed. All because we're scared to embrace available technology. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

Yes. Which was kind of the point of my post you quoted. We should be able to watch deGrom and Acuna battle it out. The strike zone should be the strike zone and shouldn't be some wild card factor. Instead, we get to see these two battle it out, kind of but also not really as the umpire screws everyone involved because he's going to call what should be a very straightforward thing in whatever subjective manner he feels. deGrom, Acuna, and fans as a whole get screwed. All because we're scared to embrace available technology. 

Understood.  Just don’t think it’s because he has early dinner plans.  (Not that that would help, I think, in a DH!)

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

Just now, BMcP said:

Understood.  Just don’t think it’s because he has early dinner plans.  (Not that that would help, I think, in a DH!)

Yeah, at this hour it's more likely he had a large pre-game meal and needs to poop.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

Is Don Orsillo still doing the Padres?  Boston fans are still pissed at NESN's president for not re-signing him because of some personal issue he had against him.  His replacement, O'Brien, is annoying as all hell.  If he has another SS "hoover it up" this season my fist goes through my flat screen.

9 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Bobby Bradley is a strong man...if he can make just OK contact he could really good.

And he should get a chance to work through any slumps with nobody really to take PAs away.  Had a claim in to drop him for Schwarber in a shallow league but I'm gonna hang on to the lottery ticket.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Routine ground ball boofed by alcantara ruled a hit against alzolay. Score keepers are just garbage these days

And shocker it cost Alzolay a ridiculous earned run. Its 2021 and score keepers have lost all ability to identify errors.