Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It really shouldnt surprise me at this point but they keep marching Amir Garrett out in high leverage situations, blows my mind everytime. He shouldn't be pitching in anything closer than a 8 run game

Well, yeah - and other stuff

Yeah, at this hour it's more likely he had a large pre-game meal and needs to poop.

Posted Images

Dear god the Dbacks might win a game...its too early and 4 runs is not a big lead for that bullpen but they can't blow this one, can they?

Edited by Richard Kimble
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Oh yeah I totally forgot, man I don't know why we bother with this guy, he's been nothing but trouble . There goes that Google thing again I'm lazy about thanks 

He relishes nothing more than ruining fantasy owners’ hopes when not breaking the rules

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was clearly strike 3 to Franco who instead hits a 2 run homer to end the no no. Costly miss by the umpire. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly
Link to post
Share on other sites

David Bell pinch ran for Winker in the 10th inning with 0 outs and then had his pinch runner, a guy batting .160 with a 410 ops, come up in a key spot in the 12th inning. You really wonder sometimes how these managers get where they are

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

David Bell pinch ran for Winker in the 10th inning with 0 outs and then had his pinch runner, a guy batting .160 with a 410 ops, come up in a key spot in the 12th inning. You really wonder sometimes how these managers get where they are

Let me join the non-existent chorus of David Bell-as-manager supporters wondering the same

Edited by BMcP
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

David Bell pinch ran for Winker in the 10th inning with 0 outs and then had his pinch runner, a guy batting .160 with a 410 ops, come up in a key spot in the 12th inning. You really wonder sometimes how these managers get where they are

David Bell also has the worst bullpen ever assumbled on one team in MLB history to work with. There is not 1 guy in the Reds Bullpen you can trust to hold a lead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

David Bell pinch ran for Winker in the 10th inning with 0 outs and then had his pinch runner, a guy batting .160 with a 410 ops, come up in a key spot in the 12th inning. You really wonder sometimes how these managers get where they are

Given the game situation Winker was 0-5 and made the last out of the 9th inning so he got PR for. the reds scored 2 in the top of the 10th and the bullpen Blew the lead again like they always do. Winkers spot in the line up should have never been close to getting up again in that game if the BP does its job which it NEVER does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mks said:

Given the game situation Winker was 0-5 and made the last out of the 9th inning so he got PR for. the reds scored 2 in the top of the 10th and the bullpen Blew the lead again like they always do. Winkers spot in the line up should have never been close to getting up again in that game if the BP does its job which it NEVER does.

To reiterate?  The Reds relievers suck

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mks said:

Given the game situation Winker was 0-5 and made the last out of the 9th inning so he got PR for. the reds scored 2 in the top of the 10th and the bullpen Blew the lead again like they always do. Winkers spot in the line up should have never been close to getting up again in that game if the BP does its job which it NEVER does.

Yeah that's the point the reds relievers suck there was always a reasonable chance Winker's spot came back around. Yeah he was 0-5 but he was hitting the crap out of the ball getting unlucky, but regardless of that he's the best hitter on your team, on an 8 game hit streak, and he's not even slow just a ridiculous decision all around. And not bringing sims back out in the tenth was also a poor decision in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

To reiterate?  The Reds relievers suck

Has a Reds fan we are use to this kind of thing. Our front office Owner and GM has no clue how to assumble a winning baseball team. The last draft pick that worked out well for them was Joey Votto 18 years ago .  They always have 5 Outfielders on rotation for playing time for the 3 spots and neglect  defense which costs the pitchers more stressful innings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Yeah that's the point the reds relievers suck there was always a reasonable chance Winker's spot came back around. Yeah he was 0-5 but he was hitting the crap out of the ball getting unlucky, but regardless of that he's the best hitter on your team, on an 8 game hit streak, and he's not even slow just a ridiculous decision all around. And not bringing sims back out in the tenth was also a poor decision in my opinion.

I know bell is not a good manager BUT the blame sometimes goes on the players to do their damn job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Yeah that's the point the reds relievers suck there was always a reasonable chance Winker's spot came back around. Yeah he was 0-5 but he was hitting the crap out of the ball getting unlucky, but regardless of that he's the best hitter on your team, on an 8 game hit streak, and he's not even slow just a ridiculous decision all around. And not bringing sims back out in the tenth was also a poor decision in my opinion.

The reds also failed to get the guy in from 2nd base in the 11th and the 12th innings also. Winker had his shot to win the game Bottom 9th but he didn;t.  Winker is good But they pitched around him in the 12th if he got up. he never got to swing the bat anyways

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mks said:

The reds also failed to get the guy in from 2nd base in the 11th and the 12th innings also. Winker had his shot to win the game Bottom 9th but he didn;t.  Winker is good But they pitched around him in the 12th if he got up. he never got to swing the bat anyways

I’m surprised you didn’t count Winker among your better draft picks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...