NBC Sports EDGE Forums

6/22 - GAME DAY THREAD

Just now, meh2 said:

It’s a circus. Manfred is truly the worst. I love his goals listed on his Wikipedia page for when he took over as commish:

He stated that his primary goals as commissioner were youth outreach, embracing technology, quickening the pace of play, strengthening player relations, and creating a more unified business operation.[14]

His batting average on those is worse than Danny Santana’s.

Stick to lawyering, Robert

Why can’t this clown Skubal strike anybody out anymore?  and why can’t he go 5 after being staked a 6-0 lead?  What a loser.

Meanwhile, the Scherzer bi-ocular staredown got Joe Girardi to charge out of the dugout and get ejected from the game for challenging Scherzer to a fight. Kruk is complaining about it like he's still a ballplayer, all stemming from the pitcher clampdown. Tensions are thick 😂

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Unreal Wander, kid has to be so pumped!!

He was so excited he messed up his curtain call and came out after the 1-0 pitch to Meadows as ERod was going to deliver the 2nd pitch...he's got that million dollar smile. Instant superstar.

Edited by Richard Kimble

Kruk is the biggest whiner I have heard as an announcer.

On a side note Giradi (over rated manager) just got tossed for coming out of the dugout yelling and screaming. No idea really what caused it but really made me laugh.

The checking of the pitchers doesn't add much time to the length of the game as most are being done during commercial breaks.

17 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

No idea really what caused it but really made me laugh.

He ASKED the umps to check Scherzer, which is shockingly over the line in this situation. I mean, I can't believe it's gone this far over the edge this quickly. They had already checked Max twice I believe, which is the required number of visits. I believe what happened was that Max put on a new hat-before he definitely had a cap with salty sweat lines. I think Girardi thought that Max's new cap was slipped into the game with substances on it after the second inspection, and asked for another check. Max basically offered to drop his pants on the mound to show he didn't have anything, and then it got weirder from there. This is like dinner theater, not baseball. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Haha 2

Just now, TribeFoo said:

Girardi getting the Scherzer death stare and then getting himself ejected is just fantastic.

Y'know, earlier in the game they had Randy Johnson give a video tribute to John Kruk, and he made a reference to their famous All-Star game at bat when Johnson threw over Kruk's head. Can you imagine the umpires checking Randy Johnson, or Nolan Ryan, or someone like that? There will be blood...DRAINAGEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I Drink Your Milkshake There Will Be Blood Art Print Daniel | Etsy