NBC Sports Edge Forums

How is Danny Santana still leading off for the Red Sox? How is Danny Santana still in the majors? If he’s not DFA’d tomorrow I’ll be shocked.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My opponent has Schoop and Schwarber. This is fine. 

Whoa, Cronenworth is just sizzling. HRs off of Urias, Kershaw (his slider no less) and now Bauer in last 3 games.

Helluva pitcher's duel going on between Gausman and Ohtani. Don't think many people saw these two becoming some of the best arms in baseball, but here we are. What a season they're both having. 

Urquidy, Cease, Kaprielian...add in Gregory Soto and not a bad day of pitching stats!  Hopefully the A's can get Kaprielian a few more runs and a win.

20 IP, 19 K, 1.35 ERA, 0.950 WHIP, 2 W

10 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Adolis GOATing it up.

I think you know what to do

• Haha 2

Yahoo has done away with the player page message boards.

RIP to the greatest discussion forum that has ever existed.  This is truly a dark day for fans of measured, rational discourse.

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Overlord said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952c34d1ea5fed4d52f8

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95280eb58bcdbfaf7082

If I could like this four times, I would 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, meh2 said:

How is Danny Santana still leading off for the Red Sox? How is Danny Santana still in the majors? If he’s not DFA’d tomorrow I’ll be shocked.

Prepare to be shocked.  Sox are still all in on the "we got Santana for a song" self-congratulation tour.

Cora has a thing for his start off the game "Auto-outs" as I call them.  Just chop their heads off and move everyone up one.  Should be Verdugo, JD, Xander, Devers, Renfroe. 

Instead one of Cora's many many "Auto-outs" keep leading off.  1st inning has become the two out inning because the first out is always conceded away.  Kike is it, no Marwin is it, no Danny is it.  No, Alex, they are not it.  They are at best, bench players.  At worst (which they are) they are denying Duran a spot on the roster.  Though if there is an opening Franchy will be back first since he is doing good at AAA now and he is a "vet."  Sigh.

In other news, Adolis Garcia is still rocking.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Prepare to be shocked.  Sox are still all in on the "we got Santana for a song" self-congratulation tour.

Cora has a thing for his start off the game "Auto-outs" as I call them.  Just chop their heads off and move everyone up one.  Should be Verdugo, JD, Xander, Devers, Renfroe. 

Instead one of Cora's many many "Auto-outs" keep leading off.  1st inning has become the two out inning because the first out is always conceded away.  Kike is it, no Marwin is it, no Danny is it.  No, Alex, they are not it.  They are at best, bench players.  At worst (which they are) they are denying Duran a spot on the roster.  Though if there is an opening Franchy will be back first since he is doing good at AAA now and he is a "vet."  Sigh.

In other news, Adolis Garcia is still rocking.

I know the Sox are your team but Duran will be making his debut soon and Santana will be DFA’d. Book it.

Tatis with yet another godawful decision and horrible throw to cost his team a run. This guy shouldn't be playing SS

• Like 1

Tatis Jr needs to be CF period. He has another  year to prove his worth at SS, then it's CJ Abrams likely in 2023. I like Tatis, I hope he gets better, but he's just not good over there a tSS. 

5 hours ago, meh2 said:

I know the Sox are your team but Duran will be making his debut soon and Santana will be DFA’d. Book it.

It they were my team Duran would be up already.

And no Franchy is next up because he is playing well in AAA right now and he was another cheap "get" over the winter for the front office and he is the "vet" yadda yadda.  And Santana will not be cut after only this short of time.  If they lost 10 in a row then maybe.  But not in June and not still a half game up.  No front office would make cuts like that this early when still doing this well. 

I do really wish they would pull some phantom injury on him or Marwin or both but that is doubtful at this stage.

But it is the pitching that has fallen apart in June; not the hitting.  Quite frankly this is the pitching I expected from the get go and am surprised the pitching was so good the first two months.  Add in that the plummeting pitching now has the spider tack ban or whatever modern day pitchers use added into the mix now.  Garrett Richards was going down hill anyway and now without being able to command his breaking stuff effectively this last game the lack of sticky stuff is totally effecting him.  That anyone can see.   Fringe pitchers like a Richards are going to be effected by the ban more than the better pitchers are after all.