NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Rotoworld Mock Real League

10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well now you are actually starting to p*ss me off.  :P

Great pick.  Hard to believe Curtis Samuel lasted that long.

UGH

Here's to hoping the handy DW4 gets traded to MIA

Will Fuller

@Gohawks OTC

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well now you are actually starting to p*ss me off.  :P

Great pick.  Hard to believe Curtis Samuel lasted that long.

Thanks.. hope the roto-gods see it the same way... lol
Samuel landed pretty well, imo... good offense and familiar coaches...

And the WFT paid Curtis Samuel a lot of money.  That was the giveaway for me.  I liked the WRs I got a tiny bit better for various reasons, but Curtis Samuel was in the mix for me on each of those decisions.

48 minutes ago, Winky said:

Thanks.. hope the roto-gods see it the same way... lol
Samuel landed pretty well, imo... good offense and familiar coaches...

Hopefully Turner utilizes him better than he did in 2019.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Hopefully Turner utilizes him better than he did in 2019.

Didn't Carolina have a few good WRs that year?  I can't recall all of them right off hand.

He had 73 touches for roughly 750 yards and 7 TD in 2019... not bad in his first year as a starter and Kyle Allen as his QB.
Last year, he went 118 touches for 1051 yards and 5 TDs... role expanded without CMC, Robby A in the line-up and Bridgewater chucking the ball.
Repeat of those stats, or better, and I'll be happy... preferably better, lol

Edited by Winky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And the WFT paid Curtis Samuel a lot of money.  That was the giveaway for me.  I liked the WRs I got a tiny bit better for various reasons, but Curtis Samuel was in the mix for me on each of those decisions.

EXPERT NOTE

It was good to see Samuel finally have his breakout season in year four, though it's worth noting that his numbers have improved every year. The issue, however, is that he's being reunited with offensive coordinator Scott Turner, who couldn't get the most out of Samuel during the 2019 season. While Samuel saw a career-high 106 targets that year, he averaged a minuscule 5.9 yards per target while used in an incorrect role. Will that change? It's tough to say, but Terry McLaurin, J.D. McKissic, Antonio Gibson, and Logan Thomas are all competition for targets with his new team. Samuel should have plenty of manufactured touches, but don't automatically assume he's as valuable as he was in 2020.

Mike Tagliere - FantasyPros - 2 hours agoMore

I think he's the WR2 on WFT.
Not going to put a lot of stock on what Turner missed in 2019.
Turner's job was to get the ball into CMC hands 400 times...
DJ Moore is a stud, so get him the rest... everyone else got scraps.

Samuel demonstrated some NFL maturation last year and WFT went out a got him and signed him for some $$$.
They'll scheme the ball to him, but not at all worried about any of the other receivers there.
McLaurin is top dog, Logan Thomas will get some, the RBs will get some and Samuel will get some...
He's a reasonable flex... anything more would be gravy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I have actually never heard of Mike Tagliere.  They must have paid a lot to show up first on a google search.

I don’t care much who he is or how much he spends on advertising but I do think he makes a salient point about Samuel. I liked him in the Joe Brady offense in Carolina. When he played under Scott Turner I liked him less. 

The Fitz factor is a plus, as well.  Gunslinger is not afraid to chuck it downfield to his speedsters like he did with a rarely healthy DJax in Tampa.