NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Rotoworld Mock Real League

It's a shame my 2021 version of James/Burstscore Robinson is stuck behind Joe Mixon ... 

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2021/2/13/22281695/chris-evans-2021-nfl-draft-senior-bowl-jim-nagy

“The league is more than aware of him. You don’t find 220 pound guys that can detach as route runners and get open and catch the ball down the field as naturally as he does. So he’s kind of that positionless player that the league wants to go to on both sides of the ball, like you can move the ball around. This happens every year when you’re in draft meetings and you inevitably have scouts describe guys as ‘this guy is going to be a better pro than he was a college player.’ And I think Chris Evans is going to be a great example of that."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cincinnati-bengals-take-michigan-running-back-chris-evans-in-sixth-round-of-2021-nfl-draft

"Chris brings an element as a natural pass catcher that was a need for us," Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan said. "He's got really natural hands. He's a really good route runner and really every time you watched him at the Senior Bowl he kept beating people one-on-one. That was really a determining factor for him. He's extremely intelligent so he's one of those guys that'll probably excel picking up pass protection schemes. I'm excited about Chris, very much so."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

It's a shame my 2021 version of James/Burstscore Robinson is stuck behind Joe Mixon ... 

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2021/2/13/22281695/chris-evans-2021-nfl-draft-senior-bowl-jim-nagy

“The league is more than aware of him. You don’t find 220 pound guys that can detach as route runners and get open and catch the ball down the field as naturally as he does. So he’s kind of that positionless player that the league wants to go to on both sides of the ball, like you can move the ball around. This happens every year when you’re in draft meetings and you inevitably have scouts describe guys as ‘this guy is going to be a better pro than he was a college player.’ And I think Chris Evans is going to be a great example of that."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cincinnati-bengals-take-michigan-running-back-chris-evans-in-sixth-round-of-2021-nfl-draft

"Chris brings an element as a natural pass catcher that was a need for us," Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan said. "He's got really natural hands. He's a really good route runner and really every time you watched him at the Senior Bowl he kept beating people one-on-one. That was really a determining factor for him. He's extremely intelligent so he's one of those guys that'll probably excel picking up pass protection schemes. I'm excited about Chris, very much so."

oh:

29 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Sorry for the confusion.

I was thinking DHC was taking Rondale Moore.

All good in the proverbial hood … this is my favorite part of our draft/prep . Wanted to highlight a player that isn’t on a lot of people’s radar but I think could be a useful asset at some point (before he rips off a long run in preseason and the media slobbers all over him).

Chris Evans is a “freak” in every sense of the word, especially for his size. Reminds me a lot of young David Johnson … huge back with elite athletic traits and can run routes like a WR. 

Blew away the bengals staff at the senior bowl and a quick google search will bring you to many articles of their offensive coordinator drooling over his hands/receiving potential.  Would not shock me if he works himself into an 8-12 touch role this year. 

Recap: I like Chris Evans, DHC took Rondale Moore, and @Iron-cockis OTC 

Sorry for derailing - I’d start a thread on Evans but this forum has become a cesspool incapable of rational football discussion  (outside of this thread in my opinion) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

All good in the proverbial hood … this is my favorite part of our draft/prep . Wanted to highlight a player that isn’t on a lot of people’s radar but I think could be a useful asset at some point (before he rips off a long run in preseason and the media slobbers all over him).

Chris Evans is a “freak” in every sense of the word, especially for his size. Reminds me a lot of young David Johnson … huge back with elite athletic traits and can run routes like a WR. 

Blew away the bengals staff at the senior bowl and a quick google search will bring you to many articles of their offensive coordinator drooling over his hands/receiving potential.  Would not shock me if he works himself into an 8-12 touch role this year. 

Recap: I like Chris Evans, DHC took Rondale Moore, and @Iron-cockis OTC 

Sorry for derailing - I’d start a thread on Evans but this forum has become a cesspool incapable of rational football discussion  (outside of this thread in my opinion) 

Stuff like this is why I'm in this league.  Aside from the fact I use it as a self-start to actually begin my fantasy season/research, I like to get the deeper insight of this group to breakdown players I may not know, as I don't watch college, I'm not a draftnick since I don't do dynasty anymore, etc etc.

That way, I take the knowledge I learn here, apply it to my real leagues, ???, and profit.

I'm probably going to break down my draft in the next few days and always appreciate when others share thier insight.  Why you picked someone, or avoided another, etc etc.

• Like 2

There are a few good ones left on the RW forums.  And every once in a while an impressive newcomer will pop up.

I still get something out of the discussions.

After the Michael Thomas news I needed a couple of upside WRs and although my last 2 picks are rookie WRs I hope they can provide some help to my team.

Terrance Marshall watching him in college he was very impressive, catches the ball with his hands, has a large catch radius and was a TD machine despite playing with Justin Jefferson and Jamar chase. One reason I took Marshall is because of his OC in Carolina, Joe Brady, coached him in college and the offense should be a quicker transition for him to learn than  most rookies coming out. Of course CMC is back but Curtis Samuel is gone and Teddy Bridgewater made 3 WRs fantasy relevant last year. The offense is fantasy friendly and if Marshall can lock down the WR3 role he should be fine as a flex play.

Rondale Moore I took as a potential sleeper to pair with Kyler Murray. Kingsbury  has said he wants to manufacture some touches for him and if he can secure the slot receiver position could also be a decent enough of a flex play

Hoping to hit on Marshall, Moore, or Ruggs as a  dependable WR3.

Mike Williams is gonna be my teams wildcard this year; He’s got a 1,000 yard season under his belt. He’s got a 10 TD season under his belt. He’s in a contract year and playing in a new system that will  feature him as the X WR and he’s playing with a future star QB.

It wouldn’t shock me if he has a season similar to Golladay’s 2019. I was seriously considering RB at that pick, but the upside was simply too big to ignore. As my WR4/flex … we’ll worth the risk.

I’ll break down my picks / approach at some point - but I feel like my lineup has 5 (possibly 6) elite players in it. Still have now idea how/why Lamar Jackson fell to me in round 5. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Mike Williams is gonna be my teams wildcard this year; He’s got a 1,000 yard season under his belt. He’s got a 10 TD season under his belt. He’s in a contract year and playing in a new system that will  feature him as the X WR and he’s playing with a future star QB.

It wouldn’t shock me if he has a season similar to Golladay’s 2019. I was seriously considering RB at that pick, but the upside was simply too big to ignore. As my WR4/flex … we’ll worth the risk.

I’ll break down my picks / approach at some point - but I feel like my lineup has 5 (possibly 6) elite players in it. Still have now idea how/why Lamar Jackson fell to me in round 5. 

You dont have to sell me on this, mike williams is a stud and now has a true qb that can help produce those fantasy #s, next woods/kupp 1a/1b combo

I can't quit Mike Williams either... 
I got him in a few places and have had him every year in places.
One year it'll all click... maybe this year is the year.

When I took Harris, it was Harris or M Will... stayed with the RB, but may have let the better player go by...

Edited by Winky

17 minutes ago, Winky said:

When I took Harris, it was Harris or M Will... stayed with the RB, but may have let the better player go by...

mill take Harris off your hands, mister.

🐘

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Winky said:

I’ll just say this:

We appear to have very similar interests in various players this year … and trades are fun