NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Rotoworld Mock Real League

7 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Looking at everyones squads, i predict a ghost fins championship match

The toilet bowl maybe...

Never go into a draft with a set strategy, but Darren Waller was the 16th highest scoring overall player last year and I see no reason why he won’t continue to be. 

That puts him on par with 8th overall RB or 8th overall WR. The game has clearly changed, as has my outlook on fantasy TE. Used to wait on QB/TE for a decade, but these guys are cheat codes at a position where other “top 10” options are essentially useless.

Hurst was the 10th overall TE last year with points on par with … 37th among RBs … 50+ among WRs …

The obsession with RBs appears to be in full force again this year, however there is a rational point to look elsewhere. At the end of the day, it’s about total points and not what position they come from. Darren Waller and Latavius Murray may not seem like a great tandem in a starting lineup … yet by simply going by the numbers and thinking a little outside the box, they were essentially the equivalent of RB8 (Waller) and TE8 (Murray) last year - something most people would be thrilled with.

Sorry if too abstract, but it’s a numbers game and that RB run in the late 2nd - 4th round pushed a ton of better talent down the board. Zig when others zag, good luck this year.

Posted (edited)

I get what youre saying ghost, points are points thats why i went mahomes in the second, jury is still out there if it was the right choice, i took the “points are points” mentality, but i only have to start one just like TE, i took the adverse risk of mahomes not busting vs other players in that category, but people like blonde got tannehill much later, but 6 points td pass is huge, especially in .5 ppr

wrs and rbs, we have to start min 2 max 4 weekly, so smart to load up vs te where you need to start min 1 max 3 weekly, just really need to hit on one te late and youre fine, 

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I get what youre saying ghost, points are points thats why i went mahomes in the second, jury is still out there if it was the right choice, i took the “points are points” mentality, but i only have to start one just like TE, i took the adverse risk of mahomes not busting vs other players in that category, but people like blonde got tannehill much later, but 6 points td pass is huge, especially in .5 ppr

wrs and rbs, we have to start min 2 max 4 weekly, so smart to load up vs te where you need to start min 1 max 3 weekly, just really need to hit on one te late and youre fine, 

I’ll break down my picks/approach later, but yes very much took the “points are points” view. This was further influenced by the 2-4th round RB run that essentially spoon fed me Waller, Robinson, Golladay (his ADP is just absurd), and Lamar Jackson.

Of non-QBs, Hill was the 5th overall scorer and I see even more upside this year as he has very little competition for targets outside of Kelce with the best QB in football. 

Waller was the cheat code … the point disparity between him and even the 5th best player at his position was enormous - and the gap with other “TE1s” was shockingly huge. 

Looking at it strictly from a numbers game, I’ll have the equivalent of a top 10 RB and top 10 TE in my lineup without having to reach on backs I didn’t love … while starting 4 WRs I love in a PPR league … and Lamar Jackson.

I could’ve easily panicked and desperately grabbed timeshare RBs - the numbers said Waller/Robinson/Golladay and I sure wasn’t going to let them fall any further into the laps of those that went RB heavy.

It would not shock me if Hill, Waller, and Jackson all finish #1 at their respective positions.