NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Rotoworld Mock Real League

11 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Let's see him play a complete season with a full strength offense; OBJ, Landry, Chubb and Hooper for 17 games. He isn't elite, but I think he'll be more than playable in fantasy.

The defense matters too, just because that dictates game script.  Middle of the road QBs can end up having a great fantasy season if they get enough pass attempts.  

In the Browns case, they've made some changes on defense but that doesn't always translate to being better which could mean more attempts for Baker.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

The defense matters too, just because that dictates game script.  Middle of the road QBs can end up having a great fantasy season if they get enough pass attempts.  

In the Browns case, they've made some changes on defense but that doesn't always translate to being better which could mean more attempts for Baker.  

LBers can’t possibly have gotten worse and Cleveland just drafted JOK

5 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I know im up, im looking, i will take the time i need given i have the best turnaround amongst all and have suffered the worst

You pick in the middle, you have the shortest time between picks of anyone in the league.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The 2 TE’s in the championship game in this league last year was Darren Waller and Eric Ebron. 1 elite and 1 avg. 

In the 3 leagues I'm in 2 of the winners had Kelce and in the 3rd league the runner up had him. May be why i'm so high on him.

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/board/196627

ready when you are ‘72

@Gohawks Friendly reminder you’re in this league  (and picking next)

Yes I didn't forget lol

• Like 1

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

The Browns have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt ; They don’t need to throw often … nor will they.

Depends entirely on how confident they are in Mayfield. 

Dak Prescott's first three seasons (as a passer) were pretty similar. Low volume, game manager with the offense built around Zeke. 

He improved as a passer, got better receivers and saw his pass attempts go up. 

It's not a huge stretch for baker to go from 486 pass attempts to  540, which could give him a chance at getting 30 total TDs. Not saying it'll happen this season, but it's not impossible. 

We saw tannehill have a big year on a run first offense. 

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

In the 3 leagues I'm in 2 of the winners had Kelce and in the 3rd league the runner up had him. May be why i'm so high on him.

Yes I didn't forget lol

the only way i see you winning a league is your opponent gets tired waiting for you to set a lineup and moves to a different hobby

Just now, Gohawks said:

Yes I didn't forget lol

Kelce isn't a typical tight end, he's basically a RB1 at the TE position. 

He's probably averaging 85 yards a game with Patrick mahomes at QB. That's comparable to Dalvin cook's average rushing yards per game (also ~85 ypg).

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Kelce isn't a typical tight end, he's basically a RB1 at the TE position. 

He's probably averaging 85 yards a game with Patrick mahomes at QB. That's comparable to Dalvin cook's average rushing yards per game (also ~85 ypg).

But he is not a rb, the only te i saw as rb is jaylen samuels during the mean playoff run after james glass conner went down, nothing like getting 20 carries from your te

53 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Nor am I interested in arguing over bye week QB2s 

Yet for some reason, here you are doing it.  😄

Obviously the Browns would like to have a lead  in every game and run the ball 500-600 times.

Given the discount on the Browns passing offensive, it's worth a bet they end up with around 550 pass attempts rather than 500.  Like they did in 2019....with Chubb and Hunt in the backfield.

Obviously it's a nuanced difference...and the risk of the pick is offset by the reduced price.

Edited by Iron-cock

41 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

System matters

Run first offenses limit upside. Put Baker in the Cardinals offense and he wouldn’t still have been available 

When I said the same exact thing to you last year "Baker is garbage" after you drafted him as your starting (and only) QB, I'm 92% positive you promised something along the lines of, "It's time to put up or shut up for Baker, if he doesn't do it in year 3, it'll probably never happen."  And then in chat when we had a similar debate you said, "No excuses this year."

Well, surprise surprise he was garbage again, and surprise surprise, more excuses.

Baker.png

Honestly, look at his career.  His stats are damn near identical year over year.  Granted 2 less games in '18.  Expecting something to drastically change when the offense is the exact same, seems crazy to me.  He is who he is.  Sure, we can do all the hypotheticals of if he got drafted to xyz, or the Browns different RB/WRs/Coaches, but... why?  This is what he has had, for 3 years, and will have again for his 4th.  There is no logical line of thinking, that I'm aware of, that would lead to a different result in 2021.  Aside from catastrophic injuries occurring to both RBs.

2018 CLE 14 310 486 63.8 3,725 27 14 39 131 3.4 0 307.4 22.0
2019 CLE 16 317 534 59.4 3,827 22 21 28 141 5.0 3 311.5 19.5
2020 CLE 16 305 486 62.8 3,563 26 8 54 165 3.1 1 304.7 19.0

1 minute ago, FFCollusion said:

When I said the same exact thing to you last year "Baker is garbage" after you drafted him as your starting (and only) QB, I'm 92% positive you promised something along the lines of, "It's time to put up or shut up for Baker, if he doesn't do it in year 3, it'll probably never happen."  And then in chat when we had a similar debate you said, "No excuses this year."

Well, surprise surprise he was garbage again, and surprise surprise, more excuses.

Baker.png

Honestly, look at his career.  His stats are damn near identical year over year.  Granted 2 less games in '18.  Expecting something to drastically change when the offense is the exact same, seems crazy to me.  He is who he is.  Sure, we can do all the hypotheticals of if he got drafted to xyz, or the Browns different RB/WRs/Coaches, but... why?  This is what he has had, for 3 years, and will have again for his 4th.  There is no logical line of thinking, that I'm aware of, that would lead to a different result in 2021.  Aside from catastrophic injuries occurring to both RBs.

2018 CLE 14 310 486 63.8 3,725 27 14 39 131 3.4 0 307.4 22.0
2019 CLE 16 317 534 59.4 3,827 22 21 28 141 5.0 3 311.5 19.5
2020 CLE 16 305 486 62.8 3,563 26 8 54 165 3.1 1 304.7 19.0

… not sure why everyone’s so up in arms about Baker Mayfield …. or under the impression I’m advocating for or against him … 

Yes, I liked him in 2020. I also acknowledged the risk/downside at the time of waiting on a QB like him … gave reasons for optimism (OL, WRs, etc.) while acknowledging a make or break year … and then I went ahead and didn’t draft him for 13 rounds this year … 

Congrats, you were right a year ago … I’m not even the one who drafted him this year  … because I find him irrelevant for fantasy purposes other than a mediocre bye week fill in …

You’re welcome on Chris Evans. Have a great day 

The “system matters” comment had more to do with the fact that any QB chucking the ball up 40+ times a game is going to produce fantasy points (bad QBs can be good fantasy QBs)… not in anyway attempting to defend or advocate for or against Mr. Mayfield. If Mayfield was running an uptempo 4WR offense, he’d put up fantasy points. 

Feel free to screenshot our chats about James Robinson too … or the ones about Darren Waller from the year prior  … 

You’re arguing with someone who didn’t draft, nor had any intention of drafting, Mayfield this year - because it’s clearly a run first low upside passing game. It just is, and that’s all there is too it.

Baker Mayfield will likely have very little outcome on the fantasy fortunes of his respective owners. 

Some in here are getting a little testy, likely because they have noticed what an amazing team I have assembled, and that everyone is now merely vying for second place.  Or, because @Gohawks took too long to make is picks, or that Cyber used to like Baker Mayfield.

So let's all take a deep breath and complete this draft process.  There are a couple of sweet sleepers left that I am fixing to snag.