NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You pick in the middle, you have the shortest time between picks of anyone in the league.

It still takes over 24 hours to come around! I have to be on the hunt constantly, others towards the end know when it hits, it hits quick

talk about being two picks away on a friday and you know gohawks still hasnt picked out his Leisure Suit Larry get up for the night to hit up Lefty’s

image.png.58d59f5ab3b5cf99a6639559434fb9f2.png

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I was looking at Cobb and Mack.  Nice picks.  You may have grabbed a couple of steals from you lakeside bungalow.

I'm in NY so I'm stealing all that Pred mojo, even here in the mountains.

"I can't believe they fell to me."

Yup, that feels right. Taking the fam out for some boiled chicken. Nite all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Some in here are getting a little testy, likely because they have noticed what an amazing team I have assembled, and that everyone is now merely vying for second place.  Or, because @Gohawks took too long to make is picks, or that Cyber used to like Baker Mayfield.

So let's all take a deep breath and complete this draft process.  There are a couple of sweet sleepers left that I am fixing to snag.

Took long to make one pick to be fair.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Nor am I interested in arguing over bye week QB2s 

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

… not sure why everyone’s so up in arms about Baker Mayfield …. or under the impression I’m advocating for or against him … 

Yes, I liked him in 2020. I also acknowledged the risk/downside at the time of waiting on a QB like him … gave reasons for optimism (OL, WRs, etc.) while acknowledging a make or break year … and then I went ahead and didn’t draft him for 13 rounds this year … 

Congrats, you were right a year ago … I’m not even the one who drafted him this year  … because I find him irrelevant for fantasy purposes other than a mediocre bye week fill in …

You’re welcome on Chris Evans. Have a great day 

The “system matters” comment had more to do with the fact that any QB chucking the ball up 40+ times a game is going to produce fantasy points (bad QBs can be good fantasy QBs)… not in anyway attempting to defend or advocate for or against Mr. Mayfield. If Mayfield was running an uptempo 4WR offense, he’d put up fantasy points. 

Feel free to screenshot our chats about James Robinson too … or the ones about Darren Waller from the year prior  … 

You’re arguing with someone who didn’t draft, nor had any intention of drafting, Mayfield this year - because it’s clearly a run first low upside passing game. It just is, and that’s all there is too it.

Baker Mayfield will likely have very little outcome on the fantasy fortunes of his respective owners. 

https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/board/196627

@JMakOTC

(if you haven’t heard, Baker Mayfield was drafted in the 14th round of a 14 team league … and for some reason a lot of people are quite passionate about it)

I hear he’s awesome , he still available this late? 

59 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Great pick 

especially with Baker Mayfield unavailable 

(I do actually like Everett this year)

Imagine "not wanting to argue" but posting this much about a minor difference of opinion and trying to turn it into an argument.

• Haha 1

1 of those posts was to you ... the other are jokes about how ridiculous the uproar over mayfield is/was ... 

especially when people misunderstood 1 comment as an attempt to argue for/against a player ... and now arguing about arguing ...  just generally productive all around. 

it is truly adorable how desperate people are to try and prove me wrong ... still waiting on those james robinson/darren waller screen shots 

3 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

especially when people misunderstood 1 comment as an attempt to argue for/against a player ... and now arguing about arguing ...  just generally productive all around. 

You used the word "Argument".  I doubt many owners in this league consider it an "Argument" when two owners disagree about the fantasy value of a player.  

4 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

i'm about to sit down to dinner, please pick or i'll be away for awhile. i'd like to keep the draft moving ... thanks. 

Go eat, don't keep your husband waiting.

• Haha 1