NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Just don't saw off the top of the Morton's and dump the whole thing on the steak.  I just racked up a great team and I want to see them in action.

1. Tyreek Hill: 5th overall non-QB last year, little competition for targets outside of Kelce, no reason he can't be a top 5 scorer again; Major question marks surrounding other consensus WR1s - non whatsoever for Hill

2. Darren Waller: 16th overall non-QB last year, no reason he won't be top 15-20 again as the 26th overall selection; huge drop off among TE1

3. Allen Robinson: 20th overall non-QB, selected 31st overall. 3 of the top 20 non-scoring QBs last year acquired ... all 3 with legit upside to match/exceed their 2020 totals. 

4. Kenny Golladay: 21st WR off the board, insane value in 2021. elite WR1 production in 2019 averaging 7 targets/game [with a lot of them coming from a QB no longer in the NFL]. There's a reason he was going multiple rounds earlier last year, still the same player and now healthy playing with a QB that throws 1 of the best deep balls in the NFL. 4/4 selections have been easy, no brainer selections ...

5. .... make that 5/5. A handful of QBs with legit cases for QB1 at the end of 2021 - Jackson is 1 of them. 5th QB off the board, MVP/league winning potential, and now he has his best supporting cast by far with a coordinator that wants to open up the passing game.  I still have no idea how/why this man was available at my selection ... the easiest of my selections [after triple checking he was still actually on the board]. 

6. Decisions decisions ... first time I considered RB all draft based on who was available. In the end, a WR in a contract year slated for a "Michael Thomas role" with 1 of the best young QBs in the NFL and previous 1000 yard/10 TD seasons under his belt was too good to pass up. His ADP is equally as absurd as Gollday's, and I would not be surprised if he has a year similar to KG 2019. Regardless, as my WR4 and easily starter at flex it ultimately was an easy decision. 35th WR off the board, upside of the WRs going several rounds earlier. This is a PPR league, I have no idea why people wouldn't want to treat this like a 4WR league. Using 10 points/game as a benchmark; 36 WRs hit that total [160] last year compared to 22 RBs. Elite QB, Elite TE, and a WR corp of Hill/Robinson/Golladay/Williams ... 

7. The Raiders paid Drake a lot of money with their HC enamored with his skillset. I don't expect Jacobs to finish with the same touch totals as last year, but even if he does Raiders backups totaled 121 carries and 50 targets. That's with Jacobs seeing 273 carries and 45 targets ... you don't pay Drake to sit and cheer for Jacobs. Research further, and not only is Drake looking likely for 150+ touches - but also going to factor heavily in their red zone offense to improve their scoring efficiency [bottom 3rd in the NFL]. Drake has 50+ receptions in 2 previous seasons ... I expect this to be year #3. Standalone value with high end potential if JJ goes down. Another no brainer easy selection ... 

8. Jamaal Williams. Don't look now, but the Lions are quietly assembling a potentially dominant OL. Williams offers a 3-down skillset on a team with horrific WRs and a QB who does not acknowledge 20 yards downfield ... this offense will run through Swift & Williams. A poor man's Ekeler/Melvin Gordon. Thrilled to land him at his cost. Doesn't hurt that his offensive coordinator has been praising him all offseason and flat out saying he's going to get the ball. Factoring in the studs elsewhere, I'm fairly content with my RBs ... 

9. Latavius Murray: Pencil him in for ~900 total yards, 25-30 receptions. Now MT is out, the WR corp is awful, and I see no reason the re-building Saints don't ground and pound behind 1 of the best OLs in the NFL. No reason he can't approach 900-1000 total yards this year, with huge upside as a handcuff on top of standalone value. 

10. Adam Trautman: Dallas Goedert clone with elite agility, great hands, huge frame, and elite blocking. A great TE that the team traded up to acquire, playing on a team with a poor WR corp. Wouldn't shock me if he's flex worthy, no reason he can't be a "TE1". Value/upside simply too good to pass up. 

11. Devontae Booker: Follow the money, actions speak louder than words ... whatever cliche you want to throw out there - it's blatantly obvious Barkley will not be rushed back. Lost in exciting offseason of Golladay/Adoree Jackson/first round trades is the fact the Giants made Booker a free agent priority due to his 3-down skillset. High end handcuff, possibly starting for me at RB in September. 

12. Chris Evans: Scroll back, he's the first guy I elaborated on and for good reason. Absolute freak of nature in the David Johnson/Saquon Barkley mold with elite route running and "the best hands for a RB I've ever seen" [Bengals coaching staff]. He lit up the senior bowl and blew away the Bengals coaching staff. 220 pound RBs are not supposed to have his hands and route running ability. Will not shock me if he ends up playing a role similar to what Etienne is slated for in Jacksonville. Fully anticipate 8-12 touch role at some point ... he can be a legitimate slot option in 4-wide formations as well.

13. Parris Campbell: Elite athleticism, better WR prospect that Terry McLaurin ... there's a reason he was at the top of everyone's breakout/sleeper list last year. Injuries have been an issue and that is the only reason he's available this late. 9 targets week 1 of last year on his way to a breakout season ... now has Wentz who will continue to pepper the slot WR role. An elite athlete [98th+ percentile speed, burst] who outproduced Terry McLaurin on the same college team. If he stays on the field, he's a league winner. If he doesn't, it's the 13th round of a 14 team league. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

sorry twas just confirming still available ... 

RB Joshua Kelley, just in case I'm wrong on Larry Rountree ... pretty sure i just secured the change of pace/goal line back for a high powered offense 1 way or another in the 14/15th round. 

@Iron-cock OTC 

G'night gents

justin Jackson?