Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s only been like 2 hours. Sheesh… Jarvis Landry 

The teams rosters have been entered, double check that the results are correct.  

Pred invited me to join. I said yes.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yahoo gave me an "A" grade for that draft.

So, I'm pretty much doomed.

I had this gem in my team report card:

 

Reach Pick

You might have gotten a little too excited when making the decision to select Callaway in the 16th round, about 55 rounds earlier than his ADP of 999. Callaway is projected to score 0 fantasy points this season with the Chiefs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're bored of Yahoo's report card, and you still want an idea of how "well" you drafted, then you can check the prop betting lines for some of your players:

https://www.oddsboom.com/football/nfl/rb-player-props/

https://www.oddsboom.com/football/nfl/wr-player-props/

https://www.oddsboom.com/football/nfl/qb-player-props/

These aren't odds from the sharpest books, some of them seem to be teasing action rather than profit, but at least you'll get a baseline number to think about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The yahoo draft grader is sponsored by the big 12 not sec

if you don’t draft a kicker or defense, they tend to not like that … and I tend not to read it … 

Ive got a top QB, top TE, 3 potential WR1s, Mike Williams, and a bunch of timeshare backs that’ll probably produce on par with the backs taken in rounds 4-6. Really liking Jamaal Williams this year (upside capped by Lions, but he’s legit and that OL is no joke)
 

Good luck this year 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping the hype stays quiet because Williams is a key component of my strategy this year …

12th highest graded RB in the league last year

1 of the highest grades RBs in the NFL at avoiding negative runs / creating big plays

1 of the highest graded RBs in pass protection, highest graded “catch rate” among all RBs

Potentially dominant OL, awful WR options 

Would be getting a ton more hype if he wasn’t overshadowed by Aaron Jones (rightfully so) … great player behind a great OL that should see 10–15 touches a week for dirt cheap.

He should be on a lot more people’s radars

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

if you don’t draft a kicker or defense, they tend to not like that … and I tend not to read it … 

Ive got a top QB, top TE, 3 potential WR1s, Mike Williams, and a bunch of timeshare backs that’ll probably produce on par with the backs taken in rounds 4-6. Really liking Jamaal Williams this year (upside capped by Lions, but he’s legit and that OL is no joke)
 

Good luck this year 

Nice squad, as always...but you made the mistake of drafting Kenny Drop-a-day. He's likely to be a bust. 

This is right on the lines of your plugging of Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, and Steve Johnson. Unreasonable expectations. 

One of my discount WRs (Waddle, Shenault, or Davis) will definitely outscore him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Nice squad, as always...but you made the mistake of drafting Kenny Drop-a-day. He's likely to be a bust. 

This is right on the lines of your plugging of Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, and Steve Johnson. Unreasonable expectations. 

One of my discount WRs (Waddle, Shenault, or Davis) will definitely outscore him.

Considering the advanced metrics painting Jones/Golladay skill sets as a literal perfect match (highest rated deep passer, contested catch aficionado), the fact that he produced with David Blough (Golladay’s career year involved Stafford being out half a season), and analyzing Golladay from a catch%, yard per target/reception, and using the giants pass attempts even from last year … (there’s more math, I don’t feel like explaining it)

The floor for Golladay is 60-65 receptions, 1000-1100 yards, and 5+ TDs 

Key word: Floor, with no reason whatsoever of him not hitting at least that.

He needs 6-8 targets a game to be an elite WR … and he’s going to get that - with a QB that graded as the best QB on those deep balls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Considering the advanced metrics painting Jones/Golladay skill sets as a literal perfect match (highest rated deep passer, contested catch aficionado), the fact that he produced with David Blough (Golladay’s career year involved Stafford being out half a season), and analyzing Golladay from a catch%, yard per target/reception, and using the giants pass attempts even from last year … (there’s more math, I don’t feel like explaining it)

The floor for Golladay is 60-65 receptions, 1000-1100 yards, and 5+ TDs 

Key word: Floor, with no reason whatsoever of him not hitting at least that.

He needs 6-8 targets a game to be an elite WR … and he’s going to get that - with a QB that graded as the best QB on those deep balls.

and he’s my WR3. Not too worried about him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...