NBC Sports EDGE Forums

6/25 - GAME DAY THREAD

I couldn't post this in GDT yesterday, but I was at the Jays game and was watching for any controversy with pitcher inspections. It was a non-event, almost every instance was a casual glance at the cap as the pitcher left the mound.

The funniest part was when Dean Kremer got knocked out after 1/3 IP-he didn't even get to have an inspection. After his exit from the mound, the PA system did an excellent troll job by playing the "Seinfeld" theme. 

Today should be high alert for the umpires, as Manoah is on the mound again after the bench-clearing incident last week. 

• Haha 1

Anyone gutsy enough to start Gonsolin today?  He got the walks under control his last start and the Cubs are not exactly a juggernaut.  Still, pretty much no chance for a win or a QS, so basically just wanting for a few Ks and no ratio bomb.

1 hour ago, 89Topps said:

Anyone gutsy enough to start Gonsolin today?  He got the walks under control his last start and the Cubs are not exactly a juggernaut.  Still, pretty much no chance for a win or a QS, so basically just wanting for a few Ks and no ratio bomb.

I'll probably throw him in after a few wobbly pops later tn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 89Topps said:

Yeah my biggest issue starting Gonsolin right now is that the upside is so low (in a QS league) for now.  We've seen the downside already when he struggles with control so it's not like he's even a safe floor.  I can't bring myself to start him just yet.  If after a few starts he still isn't allowed to go more than 3-4 innings, I feel like he's just a drop at that point (again assuming QS league).  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

Anyone else really look forward to Kikuchi starts ?!?!

Always - he's been one of the more consistent, reliable, underrated starters.  But I'm nervous today (for some reason).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Always - he's been one of the more consistent, reliable, underrated starters.  But I'm nervous today (for some reason).  

I'm more nervous about the Jays next week, I think he can handle the Sox with ease. It took a good 2+ years for him to put it together stateside, but he's in the circle of trust now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, keven said:

Question?

Is Ohtani DH-ing tonight? 

ESPN lists him as not in the starting line-up?

Are those all questions?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

I'm more nervous about the Jays next week, I think he can handle the Sox with ease. It took a good 2+ years for him to put it together stateside, but he's in the circle of trust now.

Oh God he gets the Jays next?  Ugh - I don’t trust any pitcher not named DeGrom against them.

39 minutes ago, keven said:

Question?

Nobody can answer this since the halos haven’t even released their lineup yet..lol

and no, ESPN doesn’t “list him not in the starting lineup”…there isn’t even a lineup set yet for them for ESPN to show it as one way or another

43 minutes ago, keven said:

Question?

Rotowire doesn't have him sitting.  That's as reliable a resource as I've found, other than Twitter beat writers.  Anaheim's lineup isn't confirmed yet though.

2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Nobody can answer this since the halos haven’t even released their lineup yet..lol

and no, ESPN doesn’t “list him not in the starting lineup”…there isn’t even a lineup set yet for them for ESPN to show it as one way or another

ESPN does indicate he's not starting today.  Whether that's accurate or not, I don't know.

1 minute ago, 89Topps said:

ESPN does indicate he's not starting today.  Whether that's accurate or not, I don't know.

Looked at 3 different sites and none of them have the halos lineup released yet, my apologies if they have actually released their official lineup somewhere

5 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Looked at 3 different sites and none of them have the halos lineup released yet, my apologies if they have actually released their official lineup somewhere

There's no news on ESPN, just the little red explanation point indicating he's not starting.  I don't see anywhere else indicating the Angels have released their lineup, so not sure what ESPN is basing it off of, or if it's just an error.

I would rather watch some 28 yr old non-prospect grinder take ABs than Jackie bleeping Bradley Jr...has this guy ever been able to catch up to an above average major league fastball, or lay off a slider in the dirt??? He looks hopeless

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Six straight strikeouts for Nola. I could get used to this.

Make it 9. The record is 10 by Tom Seaver. Mets gotta put one in play for their legend here.