NBC Sports EDGE Forums

6/25 - GAME DAY THREAD

11 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

His line after 2 is pretty good.  He made one mistake to a very good hitter.  What am I missing?

People wanting to complain.

That’s what evaded your notice.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

His line after 2 is pretty good.  He made one mistake to a very good hitter.  What am I missing?

Game day, hit it after he gave up the dong. And yes, I love to complain.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Chris paddack is atrocious. He was given a 6 run lead and can’t even go 3 innings. Does he only have 2 pitches? It looks like everything was smashed off his fastball or changeup.

Yes, basically. The curve shows every so often, but zero consistency. He has to be perfect with his command and sequencing.

4 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Chris paddack is atrocious. He was given a 6 run lead and can’t even go 3 innings. Does he only have 2 pitches? It looks like everything was smashed off his fastball or changeup.

He has a fastball with no spin he can’t command, a decent changeup that’s useless when his fastball sucks which is pretty much always, and a curveball that couldn’t strike out a little leaguer.

He rode BABIP luck to a good rookie season which convinced stupid people like me that he actually has some upside, but he’s not someone who should be rostered outside of 30-team leagues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swingbatter said:

Gonsolin out after 4 IP again.  Only gave up 1 hit with 7 Ks.  Only threw 69 pitches and out.  They’re really bringing him along slowly.  

Yeah he is basically rehabbing (In the Bigs) still...I love the guy, he is really good, but his last start worried me. I need to see the charts tonight--on the surface he looks ready to be 'unleashed' going forward.

• Like 1