NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 In-Season MLB Trade Rumor and Deal Thread

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Rays   😎

I swear we had this argument way back in the year about Kris Bryant right? I kind of said no way, which you could say was wrong since they got Nelson Cruz, but the price for Cruz is lower. As for Scherzer, its not happening man. What I find hilarious-if they hypothetically traded Brujan for Scherzer, everyone would immediately think Brujan was a wolf in sheep's clothing. I really think the two deals they made with Milwaukee this year were almost deliberate dumps. Its like being in a fantasy league where you win all your trades and eventually they get annoyed and threaten to kick you out (not that I've had that happen). So you just make a few dump trades so the league doesn't ignore all your emails/phone-calls IRL trade talks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mudrummer said:

I think Scherzer to the Dodgers makes the most sense. They have the money and talent in their system to get it done.

Giants or Padres next, Houston after that.

This ultimately depends on whether they know that He Who Shall Not Be Named is going to return this year. Its pretty obvious he is not, they have already removed all mention of him and his merchandise and bobblehead, and he'll be in court until this time next year. So yeah I could see them going after Scherzer, and I wonder if they aren't able to void Voldemort's contract.

We knew that MLBPA was going to bat for another unnamed Atlanta left fielder's contract in that case, but this piece of work for the Dodgers is in a different situation entirely. If they can clear that money to get under the luxury tax its even more reason to go after Scherzer. My honest thoughts are, MLBPA will only allow the precedent of a contract to void if there is a criminal conviction in either case. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
Fixed Harry Potter reference

MLB is such a joke. Mariners have a better record and they trade away their best reliever for future assets. The Yankees, 3rd best team in their division and they blow the luxury tax out of the water to acquire Gallo. The league is always going to fall in popularity until there is a hard salary cap.

Edited by murraygd13

1 hour ago, RenegadeGM said:

Eduardo Escobar to Brewers...

Wow, that did not take much for a legit switch-hitting All-Star with some positional flexibility.

I had a feeling Stearns liked him and would make a play. Now get some cheap RPs and maybe a solid SP.

• Like 1

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Wow, that did not take much for a legit switch-hitting All-Star with some positional flexibility.

I had a feeling Stearns liked him and would make a play. Now get some cheap RPs and maybe a solid SP.

They'd be wise to just wait for a reliever after the hard trade deadline, see if they can't focus on an SP upgrade until then, the pen is still a strength once Williams returns (how's he doing?). Waiver trade seasons is when guys like Robles and Soria and those types with some money left on their deal will get traded. The RP market tends to get more active for the middle guys after the deposed closers settle in.

1 minute ago, Richard Kimble said:

They'd be wise to just wait for a reliever after the hard trade deadline, see if they can't focus on an SP upgrade until then, the pen is still a strength once Williams returns (how's he doing?). Waiver trade seasons is when guys like Robles and Soria and those types with some money left on their deal will get traded. The RP market tends to get more active for the middle guys after the deposed closers settle in.

There will be no post July deadline waiver deals, just like last year.

I don't think they'll make a big RP splash, but they have a killer scouting dept for those types of guys...find a few that are struggling but have upside and nab them cheaply.

I want them to get Jon Gray, and bet they are trying.

• Like 1

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

There will be no post July deadline waiver deals, just like last year.

I don't think they'll make a big RP splash, but they have a killer scouting dept for those types of guys...find a few that are struggling but have upside and nab them cheaply.

I want them to get Jon Gray, and bet they are trying.

Oh Shit GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, collucho said:

Starting to feel like this deadline is gonna pass and nothing will have happened. 

Can we please get some big boi trades today!?!?

You like dem apples (insert mattdamongoodwillhunting.gif)

It is only WED too, this might be a real fun one.

The Yankees are giving up a lot of guys who have nice stat lines but aren't especially young for their minor-league level. The three middle infielders are no big deal with Peraza and Volpe in the system, and while Otto is having a great season at AA/AAA, he's 25.

They have plenty of talent left to make another big move or two.

• Like 1

I'm actually LOVING what the Rangers got back in return for Gallo.

None of them are the Yankees "Super Top Prospects".....but almost every one of them have showed a ton of promise.

- Ezekiel Duran has looked great.
- Trevor Hauver has been a story this year.
- Everson Pereira has been solid.
- Josh Smith has looked better than expected.

I think from an upside point of view, the Rangers made out like bandits. Really TEX just needs 2 of those 4-5 guys they got to pan out and it's an instant win, and I think all 4 of the ones above have a solid shot at being major-league contributors at some point in the next 2-3 years.

• Like 1