NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 In-Season MLB Trade Rumor and Deal Thread

4 minutes ago, twoseemer said:

Wondering about Craig Kimbrel and I found this : (did some - strike through editing)

https://www.actionnetwork.com/mlb/craig-kimbrel-trade-odds-cubs-athletics-yankees-mets

Craig Kimbrel Trade Odds

Odds according to PointsBet (Colorado only) as of Wednesday night

Team Odds
A’s  +325
Yankees  +350       Would have been included in the Rizzo Trade?
Mets +400
Red Sox +500
Astros +550      Got their upgrade?
Phillies +550
Brewers +625
Padres +800
Dodgers +800     They need more?

Rays

+900

I have Oakland & Phillies didn't think Mets & Red Sox would be ahead of Phillies or even San Diego. 

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am not gonna be able to get anything done tmrw afternoon. This is fun AF.

I hope they permanently make a hard July deadline and get rid of the Aug waivers stuff. So much intrigue.

haha yea screw it i'm going to finish my work tonight so i can pretend to be busy tomorrow

perks of WFH

Edited by GeorgeCostanza
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, PinstripeGM said:

I have Oakland & Phillies didn't think Mets & Red Sox would be ahead of Phillies or even San Diego. 

Red Sox wouldn't trade for Kimbrel.  They wouldn't give up anyone decent for him ever.  Barnes is doing fine and there is a little bad blood regards Kimbrel in Boston too.  Boston needs another really good set-up man since Ottavino has been melting down more often than not in that role.

And talking about meltdowns, E-Rod pooped the mound tonight big time.  He is up and down like a yo-yo regards his starts this season.  So Boston is looking at Berrios more seriously now and lesser starting pitching talent as well.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Red Sox wouldn't trade for Kimbrel.  Barnes is doing fine and there is a little bad blood regards Kimbrel in Boston too.  Boston needs another really good set-up man since Ottavino has been melting down more often than not in that role.

Rich Rodriguez would fit the bill…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Red Sox wouldn't trade for Kimbrel.  Barnes is doing fine and there is a little bad blood regards Kimbrel in Boston too.  Boston needs another really good set-up man since Ottavino has been melting down more often than not in that role.

Could they target Hudson?

2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Rich Rodriguez would fit the bill…

I'd love to see that myself.  But I hear the Pirates are thinking about holding on to him.  Cheap and team control stuff.

Haven't been following Hudson much.  So can't really say much about him.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

On 7/28/2021 at 8:19 AM, collucho said:

Starting to feel like this deadline is gonna pass and nothing will have happened. 

Can we please get some big boi trades today!?!?

Yawn….can someone tell me when this sleeper of a trade deadline is over. Would be nice to see at least one big trade happen… ;)

• Haha 3

LIMBO GUYS????  So what happens to guys like Luke Voit and Gavin Lux who are both on the IL but Voit was rumored to be back this weekend.

Does Voit get traded?  Rizzo is a FA soon so do they keep Voit not wanting to try and extend Rizzo and go over the luxury tax next year?  Can't think Voit's contract traded away would give them enough room for a Rizzo contract unless some other contracts are expiring.

How about Lux?  Top 3 prospect on a lot of lists that is still struggling at major league level so far.  Young and under team control.  Does he get moved now?  I don't know when Seager and Turner contracts are up.

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LIMBO GUYS????  So what happens to guys like Luke Voit and Gavin Lux who are both on the IL but Voit was rumored to be back this weekend.

Does Voit get traded?  Rizzo is a FA soon so do they keep Voit not wanting to try and extend Rizzo and go over the luxury tax next year?  Can't think Voit's contract traded away would give them enough room for a Rizzo contract unless some other contracts are expiring.

How about Lux?  Top 3 prospect on a lot of lists that is still struggling at major league level so far.  Young and under team control.  Does he get moved now?  I don't know when Seager and Turner contracts are up.

Seager is an upcoming FA I believe

• Thanks 2

So assuming Seager and Turner play 2b/SS, are the Dodgers going to sit Bellinger or Pollack and play Taylor in the OF?  They can't seriously consider benching Taylor and Pollock has hit pretty well.  Bellinger is the guy that can't hit the broad side of a barn this year so logically he should sit and be out of a job.

25 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Seager and Chris Taylor are free agents at the end of this season, Turner after 2022. I would guess Lux is still in their future plans, although it doesn’t look good for his PT the rest of this year.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Dodgers should do a deal for Kimbral using him. Jansen sucks.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Charlie said:

They might as well add Story , Bryant & Berrios

f--- - add Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle!  Congrats and on to a real season with football!