NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 In-Season MLB Trade Rumor and Deal Thread

21 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

For people in QS leagues that means nothing.  He also now faces the Red Sox and a Yankees lineup that just added Gallo and Rizzo.

You're nitpicking the heck out if it, its not a hit to his value in any way, and definitely a boost to be on a better team. Tougher division, yes, but he's in a good situation if he can fit in with the clubhouse, which I have no reason to believe he won't immediately. I'm just shocked the Jays gave up Austin Martin to get him. It certainly indicates they are serious about next year as much as this one, and should be big players in free agency. They still need an upgrade at 3B for a wild card run. They also were rumored to be looking at Yan Gomes.

Edited by Richard Kimble
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah, 4 hours of Harold Reynolds giving his informed taeks on prospects moving in deals!

He literally just said how Austin Martin was blocked at 3B by Cavan Biggio...🤣

As bad as he is, better than listening last night to marble mouth Kendrick Perkins butcher literally every 3rd word out of his mouth while commentating during the NBA draft..🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah, 4 hours of Harold Reynolds giving his informed taeks on prospects moving in deals!

He literally just said how Austin Martin was blocked at 3B by Cavan Biggio...🤣

THERE IS NO H.R. SLANDER ON HERE. 

he is the best personality on TV for any baseball program. 

14 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

You're nitpicking the heck out if it, its not a hit to his value in any way, and definitely a boost to be on a better team. Tougher division, yes, but he's in a good situation if he can fit in with the clubhouse, which I have no reason to believe he won't immediately. I'm just shocked the Jays gave up Austin Martin to get him. It certainly indicates they are serious about next year as much as this one, and should be big players in free agency. They still need an upgrade at 3B for a wild card run. They also were rumored to be looking at Yan Gomes.

I don't think it's nitpicking anything. A tougher division logically leads one to believe that his quality numbers will take a hit. It could lead to fewer QS for those in QS leagues. I think it's perfectly reasonable to look at this and see the downside of it. I definitely don't see this as a boost to his value. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

As bad as he is, better than listening last night to marble mouth Kendrick Perkins butcher literally every 3rd word out of his mouth while commentating during the NBA draft..🤣🤣🤣

I didn't watch the NBA draft, but I've listened to his analysis. And yes, he's difficult to listen to. 

16 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

I think the industry evaluations for Austin Martin were quite a bit different than the Blue Jays' internal ones. Just looked at his minor league stats, he has 2 HRs in 55 games at AA this season & there are questions about his position in the majors as well. OF seems likely.

4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I don't think it's nitpicking anything. A tougher division logically leads one to believe that his quality numbers will take a hit. It could lead to fewer QS for those in QS leagues. I think it's perfectly reasonable to look at this and see the downside of it. I definitely don't see this as a boost to his value. 

I do see this as a net gain, simply because it seems like a good situation to step into. I like Berrios, consider him a very underrated pitcher. He's Javy Baez's brother in law, how weird would it be if they both got dealt today? Anyway, your concerns are legitimate, but there's no action you can take as a manager. Perhaps an argument can be made that when any player like Berrios, Rizzo, Gallo, go to a better team, they can be marketed on the trade block to the right owner. I'd rather just see what Berrios brings, I could easily see him putting up some very strong numbers in Toronto. 

Edited by Richard Kimble

1 minute ago, PinstripeGM said:

This one was forecasted days ago, the Braves were probably the only team in on him, but its more of a hit to the players remaining on the Marlins than a gain for Duvall. It does open up full PT for guys like Jesus Sanchez (on the COVID list) and recently acquired Corey Bird.

9 minutes ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

Braves making all the moves, 

they want it. 

Phillies just don't... gotta be frustrating to be in that locker room right now. 

Drombowski sitting on his hands is not what I expected this deadline.

• Like 1

Just now, billofwash said:

He has now injured his delt????....

They offered him a contract and he turned it down, and they're in full on sell mode. There are plenty of teams that would acquire him for next year as much as anything he can give them down the stretch for the right price.