NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2021 In-Season MLB Trade Rumor and Deal Thread

5 minutes ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

he was live on MLB network. 

Thanks. Went to watch what he said. 

He essentially said he was sad he was traded. He also said that he likes the fact that it's a competing club with some good players, so seems like it's about him being sad about leaving the team he's been a part of for a long time. Not much to see there.

Being sad about leaving a place, if you liked being there, makes all the sense in the world to me. He'll get to Toronto and love playing for the Jays better than the Twins soon enough.

Edited by DavidbivaD
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DavidbivaD said:

Thanks. Went to watch what he said. 

He essentially said he was sad he was traded. He also said that he likes the fact that it's a competing club with some good players, so seems like it's about him being sad about leaving the team he's been a part of for a long time. Not much to see there.

Being sad about leaving a place, if you liked being there, makes all the sense in the world to me. He'll get to Toronto and love playing for the Jays better than the Twins soon enough.

He's probably upset he got traded to a place with equally crappy weather.

1 minute ago, 2ndCitySox said:

He's probably upset he got traded to a place with equally crappy weather.

lol I'd choose Toronto over Minnesota every day of my life. No offence to anyone that lives in Minnesota.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Opinions on MLB network saying both will get save opportunities

Hendriks and Kimbrel are friends. Liam actually said he would be ok if they traded for Kimbrel a couple of weeks ago. 

(Per anecdote I heard on local sports radio)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Opinions on MLB network saying both will get save opportunities

Of course they will. Reynolds correctly points out that Kimbrel is exposed to running attacks in the 8th inning and has a higher career ERA in NSS (2.51 to 1.86) and that Hendriks was used heavily throughout the 1st half. Its likely going to be a dual role, but Hendriks ability to go multiple innings makes me think he'll lose more value than Kimbrel overall. They both take tremendous hits in save leagues.

• Like 1